Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

7 minutes ago, dunfer said:

bull****. Kirk came up slapping the ball knowing he ****ed up

Kirk screwed it up.  But the play call was for a fade.  When he took the snap, both DJax and Garcon were just standing there looking at him and neither ran a route because they didn’t like the route called. 

Without a doubt, Kirk panicked snd did the wrong thing.

But the real blame lies with Gruden for both allowing a play to be called which both receivers hate and also having a culture where the players knew there would be no repercussions if they just literally bailed on the play.  

Blame to DJax and Garcon for refusing to run the routes also. 

And Blame to Kirk for not doing something better with the ball.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, dunfer said:

we were up by 6 with 5 seconds in the half and no timeouts on a rolling clock. Any coach that tells you the play wasnt to spike and kick a fieldgoal is being a good coach

Jay went through the whole thing, it was about a 15 minute story.  It was from earlier this year on Sheehan’s pod. Jay was unemployed and had no reason to lie or make it up.

I believe the story.  I also think it makes Jay look like the coach of the gang who couldn’t shoot straight. 

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jay went through the whole thing, it was about a 15 minute story.  It was from earlier this year on Sheehan’s pod. Jay was unemployed and had no reason to lie or make it up.

I believe the story.  I also think it makes Jay look like the coach of the gang who couldn’t shoot straight. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAYDDVzqOTo 

kirk kneels then tries to spike while everyone else is standing around thowing their hands up. But jay blames a couple of the guys that twisted his titty

• Thumb down 1

11 minutes ago, dunfer said:

kirk kneels then tries to spike while everyone else is standing around thowing their hands up. But jay blames a couple of the guys that twisted his titty

Edit: I guess it’s possible Jay made up a 15 minute story on a pod.  The video evidence is certainly not in his favor. 

Shrug.  They both suck.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason
  • Thumb down 1

18 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Kirk screwed it up.  But the play call was for a fade.  When he took the snap, both DJax and Garcon were just standing there looking at him and neither ran a route because they didn’t like the route called. 

Without a doubt, Kirk panicked snd did the wrong thing.

But the real blame lies with Gruden for both allowing a play to be called which both receivers hate and also having a culture where the players knew there would be no repercussions if they just literally bailed on the play.  

Blame to DJax and Garcon for refusing to run the routes also. 

And Blame to Kirk for not doing something better with the ball.

None of that happened outside of Garcon and Jackson standing still at the snap. Cousins didn't even slightly look their way or lift his arm as if he planned to throw or anything., Just immediately took a knee. I'm not sure any of the OLinemen started truly blocking either. Everyone on the field, even the Eagles defense, acted as if a spike was supposed to happen...but Kirk took a knee instead. Hell, I could have been standing out there instead of Garcon and Cousins wouldn't have noticed lol. Gruden's story doesn't hold an ounce of water.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

8 minutes ago, dunfer said:

He took a knee in less than a second lol...but, yeah, he was actually supposed to throw a fade. Dammit Jackson!!

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

None of that happened outside of Garcon and Jackson standing still at the snap. Cousins didn't even slightly look their way or lift his arm as if he planned to throw or anything., Just immediately took a knee. I'm not sure any of the OLinemen started truly blocking either. Everyone on the field, even the Eagles defense, acted as if a spike was supposed to happen...but Kirk took a knee instead. Hell, I could have been standing out there instead of Garcon and Cousins wouldn't have noticed lol. Gruden's story doesn't hold an ounce of water.

Ok, fine.  I don’t know why he would lie about it.  

But he is a terrible coach so maybe he was making an excuse? Dunno.

• Thumb down 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Ok, fine.  I don’t know why he would lie about it.  

But he is a terrible coach so maybe he was making an excuse? Dunno.

I have a theory lol...it's not a good one by any stretch, but:

Gruden called for a fade. In the huddle Garcon and Jackson (yes, both of them together, dammit) said "**** the fade, the division is on the line. Just stop the clock instead." Cousins agreed, panicked, and kneeled when his brain was thinking spike. Afterwards, Gruden asks Cousins "WTF was that? I called a fade!"...Cousins says "Jackson and Garcon didn't want to run the fade, so I went to stop the clock instead but kneeled. Sorry coach." Later the next day, Gruden sees both WRs just stand still at the hike and thinks "Kirk was right...they did NOT want to run the fade and Kirk panicked"...and then filled in the empty spots of that story and came up with the final story he told Sheehan (who, by the way, I keep thinking didn't believe Gruden either lol...just didn't mention it directly to Jay afterwards).

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

17 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

14 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

He took a knee in less than a second lol...but, yeah, he was actually supposed to throw a fade. Dammit Jackson!!

i mean if you watch the vid to the end with the slomo from the opposite side its obvious he was being a moron and I dont know why Jay would try throw other guys under the bus for him. Mabye they wanted to try a quick fade and still leave time for a fg?.. but then it seems the playcall was fubar

Edited by dunfer
  • Thumb down 1

5 hours ago, Califan007 said:

And probably the missed opportunities the QBs have on their resume so far this year, the level of competition, and stuff like arm strength and intangibles (leadership, "it" factor, etc). Not gonna be solely based on this year's stats alone or else you can just go to the stat page on NFL.com and sort the list yourself lol...

That said, no way should he be ranked at #30 (and below Dalton) other than a general rule of new QBs will always be the last ones ranked due to limited sample size--which doesn't appear to be the case for this list.

Is that first one Dalton? lol

Last one is Dalton. First one is Tannehill, and he's like 12th in their ratings.

6 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Last one is Dalton. First one is Tannehill, and he's like 12th in their ratings.

I was referring to a list I saw on NFL.com that had Heinicke 30th...figured that's what everyone else was talking about lol...

Edit: This below...

hgf.jpg

Edited by Califan007

4 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

I was referring to a list I saw on NFL.com that had Heinicke 30th...figured that's what everyone else was talking about lol...

Yep, that's the one. I was just pointing out that while Heinicke had better stats, he was ranked lower. So it's not purely a numbers thing, or he would have been ranked higher.

And that's fine. Although I don't know why Tannehill is ranked so high. He's got Henry, and that team goes as Henry goes. All Tannehill has to do is not screw it up. So it's no like he has any pressure, unlike Dalton, who is actually going to be more responsible for scoring points.

I don't mind TH being overlooked. I prefer the underdog role at this point.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, redskinss said:

Did you get that on Amazon?

Is it the fanatics hoodie?

If so how is the quality?

Got it through Fanatics.

Super comfortable and soft. Not real thick which may or may not be a good thing. It's AWDis brand if that helps.

Quality looks to be good, it should last quite a while.

Edited by Morneblade
  • Thanks 1

It is kind of funny, he isn't even supposed to be on the team but he is the only one giving me confidence that the season might turn out okay.  Scary to think about really, considering... and not at all what I expected this season.  Hope he has a great season and puts the QB situation to bed.  It is just a little worrisome that everything seems so unsettled at this point (all the way around).

• Thumb up 1