Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

14 minutes ago, zskins said:

That would be stupid since the heading said: NFL QB Index, Week 3. And the stats are from this year. 

But they obviously aren't ranking the QBs purely on stats, they're just providing the stats for context. Otherwise Jalen Hurts would be ranked ahead of Aaron Rodgers on that list. Which would clearly be dumb.

• Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, zskins said:

That would be stupid since the heading said: NFL QB Index, Week 3. And the stats are from this year. 

I don't think they are based on purely stats. Otherwise, TH would be a lot higher. Guess who is ranked higher.

2021 stats: 2 games | 64.0 pct | 559 pass yds | 7.5 ypa | 1 pass TD | 1 INT | 44 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 3 fumbles

2021 stats: 2 games | 73.8 pct | 458 pass yds | 7.5 ypa | 3 pass TD | 1 INT | 23 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 0 fumbles

2021 stats: 2 games | 54.8 pct | 215 pass yds | 6.9 ypa | 1 pass TD | 1 INT | 1 rush yd | 1 rush TD | 0 fumbles

50 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I'm guessing that those rankings take into account the fact that Kirk has started 106 games and Heinicke has started 2.

And probably the missed opportunities the QBs have on their resume so far this year, the level of competition, and stuff like arm strength and intangibles (leadership, "it" factor, etc). Not gonna be solely based on this year's stats alone or else you can just go to the stat page on NFL.com and sort the list yourself lol...

That said, no way should he be ranked at #30 (and below Dalton) other than a general rule of new QBs will always be the last ones ranked due to limited sample size--which doesn't appear to be the case for this list.

25 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

I don't think they are based on purely stats. Otherwise, TH would be a lot higher. Guess who is ranked higher.

2021 stats: 2 games | 64.0 pct | 559 pass yds | 7.5 ypa | 1 pass TD | 1 INT | 44 rush yds | 1 rush TD | 3 fumbles

2021 stats: 2 games | 73.8 pct | 458 pass yds | 7.5 ypa | 3 pass TD | 1 INT | 23 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 0 fumbles

2021 stats: 2 games | 54.8 pct | 215 pass yds | 6.9 ypa | 1 pass TD | 1 INT | 1 rush yd | 1 rush TD | 0 fumbles

Is that first one Dalton? lol

Edited by Califan007

"He's a gamer," said Bills general manager Brandon Beane. "He doesn't have all the prototypical things you look for -- height, an elite arm, elite size -- but man, he's instinctive, he knows where his outlets are when he gets in trouble, and he's not afraid to check it down when it's not there.

"And you know what I like about him? He's gonna give his guys a chance to make a play, and that breeds confidence. He's thrown some balls that maybe looked dangerous, but his guys have come down with most of those, and I'm sure they're enjoying that."

https://www.washingtonfootball.com/news/taylor-heinicke-doubters-are-slowly-disappearing

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

That said, no way should he be ranked at #30 (and below Dalton) other than a general rule of new QBs will always be the last ones ranked due to limited sample size--which doesn't appear to be the case for this list.

I think it probably is the general rule for new QBs. From what I can tell the less experience a QB has, the lower he is on the list. I'm sure if a rookie had passed for 8 TDs and 0 INTs or something, he'd be higher on the list. But as it is, the less experience the less leeway or assumption they get. Heinicke isn't a rookie, but he's only started a total of 3 games in the NFL, and his one start this season so far was against a crappy team.

I'm not sure 30 is a fair spot for him, but there really isn't any reason for anyone outside of the WFT fanbase to give him the benefit of the doubt and assume that he's a stud. Gotta earn a higher ranking over time.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zskins said:

I used to root for Kirk and actually wanted him to start in 2013 and bring RG3 back after the bye but Shanny didn't listen to me for some reason and broke RG3 in the process, oh well. I don't root for Kirk anymore for what he did to us. Greedy **** and all.

But the standing they did on NFL is a joke though. Taylor has better number than Kirk right now but Kirk is #13 and Taylor #30. I so want Taylor to prove these mediots analysts wrong. Well at least I am hoping he does and that would be a plus for us too. :)

I know the rules here and don't want to derail the thread so my final Kirk comment is this:  I never understood this hate.  Every professional athlete in every sport, other than Tom Brady, looks out for himself first (as he should) and gets the best deal he can while he can.  When Scherff walks will he be hated as Kirk is for being greedy?  Is Rak or any other free agent who got a better deal?  Not a chance, which is what I'll never understand.   

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb down 2

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

TH had a QBR of 35.6, but a passer rating of 99.6 against the Giants.

Jones had 68.4/102.2

Week 1 TH was 72.5/119.3

Anybody  know why his QBR was so low in week 2?  Doesn’t seem to make sense.

Likely because of the pick in the last couple of minutes that could have killed us.

2 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Likely because of the pick in the last couple of minutes that could have killed us.

Nah, I think it has to do with what role a QB played in the success or failure of plays and in the game overall. May have thought the Giants' ****-ups helped in the win more and that Heinicke left too many points on the field. It's a strangely low rating, though...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I know the rules here and don't want to derail the thread so my final Kirk comment is this:  I never understood this hate.  Every professional athlete in every sport, other than Tom Brady, looks out for himself first (as he should) and gets the best deal he can while he can.  When Scherff walks will he be hated as Kirk is for being greedy?  Is Rak or any other free agent who got a better deal?  Not a chance, which is what I'll never understand.   

Kirk thought he was entitled to 20 mil per year instead of 16 mil that he was offered by the team after having only half a year of good play. This is the difference. 

If we are going to do the Kirk model then you think TH can ask for 30+ mil after 6 games? Or you think that would be a dick move?

Edited by zskins
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I didn't hate Kurt for chasing the $$, I hated him bc he came off like an absolute prick personality-wise and he was infuriatingly anti-clutch. Taking a knee instead of spiking the ball and giving Scot McCloughan a noogie on the sideline are both absolute cringe Cousins-defining moments

• Like 3
  • Thumb down 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I didn't hate Kurt for chasing the $$, I hated him bc he came off like an absolute prick personality-wise and he was infuriatingly anti-clutch. Taking a knee instead of spiking the ball and giving Scot McCloughan a noogie on the sideline are both absolute cringe Cousins-defining moments

Let's not forget him yelling at a ref in a some sort of charity game. 

TH so far has shown to be class act and is humble because he is given a chance of a lifetime. Kirk hated that he was picked after getting RG3 and thought he was never going to see the field. So when Gruden went to the bat for him he screwed him over too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb down 1

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

Nah, I think it has to do with what role a QB played in the success or failure of plays and in the game overall. May have thought the Giants' ****-ups helped in the win more and that Heinicke left too many points on the field. It's a strangely low rating, though...

Something does seem a bit off on his week 2 QBR, based on his stat line. Maybe it's penalizing him for off target throws? His accuracy was pretty wild that game. His completion % was fine, but our WRs had to turn into gymnasts most of the evening.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CapsSkins said:

To Kirk's credit, if you listen to Jay on Sheehan's podcast a few months ago, turns out that play that ended with a knee instead of a spike was on Garcon and DJax because they refused to run the routes that play

• Thumb down 1

27 minutes ago, method man said:

To Kirk's credit, if you listen to Jay on Sheehan's podcast a few months ago, turns out that play that ended with a knee instead of a spike was on Garcon and DJax because they refused to run the routes that play

bull****. Kirk came up slapping the ball knowing he ****ed up. mcvay, garcon and reed are why kirk is where he is

Edited by dunfer
  • Like 2
  • Thumb down 1