Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

15 hours ago, mistertim said:

So this thread is only for wild exuberance and not for sober analysis?

I got more the impression he was saying this thread isn't for someone who doesn't want to see anyone overly-excited over Heinicke, even if just a little. 

It's kind of like going to see a romantic comedy and critiquing how unrealistic it is throughout its run time and telling others not to like it so much lol...maybe this isn't the movie for you.

15 hours ago, dunfer said:

the dude from were the millers

Yeah, I said the same thing awhile back lol...

heinicke.png.17cbbd9bb81cf961d67aa724cfb443ec.png

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, SoCalSkins said:

That pretty much sums up your posting style since you joined ES and became a Jason Campbell fanboy. Now you are talking about sober analysis! 😂😂😂 

You're right. Everything I say should absolutely be judged and filtered through the lens of my posts from 13 years ago.

You guys have convinced me. Taylor Heinicke is a budding superstar. He has the skills of Patrick Mahomes, the charisma of Don Draper, the football IQ of Tom Brady, and the penis size of John Holmes.

I'm going to order 1000 TH sweatshirts and pass them out with TH flyers on the street corner so everyone can bask in the glory of our personal savior.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, mistertim said:

You're right. Everything I say should absolutely be judged and filtered through the lens of my posts from 13 years ago.

You guys have convinced me. Taylor Heinicke is a budding superstar. He has the skills of Patrick Mahomes, the charisma of Don Draper, the football IQ of Tom Brady, and the penis size of John Holmes.

I'm going to order 1000 TH sweatshirts and pass them out with TH flyers on the street corner so everyone can bask in the glory of our personal savior.

Jinxed yourself!

43 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Hey you gotta start somewhere. ;)

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

If this guy pulls out a win against Buffalo in New York and he's a big reason why, the hype is going to be out of control lol. All logic goes out the window for me at that point. 

Man what! If it goes down like that, there is no reason to even install breaks anymore. Just let this joint run. We all have to die sometime. 

• Haha 7

20 hours ago, mistertim said:

He played well, as I've said many times before. I just think we're getting a bit carried away with it and with talk about him being a superstar and talking about it like he went out and looked like some unstoppable elite QB. Yes he made some really good throws, and some bad ones. To me he looked like a pretty good starting NFL QB (which is nothing to sneeze at, especially for a UDFA), but not great or elite. Why is it so hard to stay on the Earth with regards to TH?

Admittedly, he's no Anthony Mix....

4 hours ago, mistertim said:

My first posts here in that time period were freaking out on someone who was talking down on Mike Sellers even after he hurdled a dude, and telling Lombardi’s Kid Brother that he liked attention more than Lady Gaga. I stand by them! (although I grew to enjoy LKB immensely as I got more cynical over the years) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Great break down here by Kurt Warner of some of the plays we left n the field against the Giants. As well as Heinicke played we left some big plays out there.

I wonder if this speaks positively on Scott Turner's playcalling/scheme?

Also liked that there was a Josh Allen video recommended at the end lol...

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Califan007 said:

Also liked that there was a Josh Allen video recommended at the end lol...

Kurt Warner and J.T. O'Sullivan both seemed to have good things to say about the play calling. Maybe the issue is more about execution at this point? Watching that video above, there were guys who got very open but we didn't get the ball to them. A fair amount of what Warner talks about there seems to come back to Heinicke needing to have a bit more patience and going through progressions more instead of dumping it off too soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Kurt Warner and J.T. O'Sullivan both seemed to have good things to say about the play calling. Maybe the issue is more about execution at this point? Watching that video above, there were guys who got very open but we didn't get the ball to them. A fair amount of what Warner talks about there seems to come back to Heinicke needing to have a bit more patience and going through progressions more instead of dumping it off too soon.

Yep...and there was also another video on YouTube trying to point out the same things about Heinicke's game (but nowhere near as good as Warner did her e). This is what film study and coaching is for, though...gotta hope he learns with more reps and more playing time. But if it does indeed point to Turner putting together a viable scheme and playcalling, I'll take that positive along with a very green Heinicke still learning the ropes.

1 hour ago, Califan007 said:

If Heinicke turns out to be the guy, long-term, I hope Turner is done right, by the team.

Because there's clearly a strong loyalty from Heinicke to Turner. And vice versa.

So if Turner leaves, then there's a high likelihood that Heinicke follows him.

But regardless how the team treats Turner, there is a decent chance Turner eventually gets a HC offer & gig, and it happens while Rivera is still here.

So with that said, there's a realistic chance Turner does leave in the near future.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

If Heinicke turns out to be the guy, long-term, I hope Turner is done right, by the team.

Because there's clearly a strong loyalty from Heinicke to Turner. And vice versa.

So if Turner leaves, then there's a high likelihood that Heinicke follows him.

But regardless how the team treats Turner, there is a decent chance Turner eventually gets a HC offer & gig, and it happens while Rivera is still here.

So with that said, there's a realistic chance Turner does leave in the near future.

Actually I'm not so sure about that part in bold.

If Turner WAS to be offered a head coaching position, there's the possibility that Heinicke is under contract with us and just can't pick up and leave. Plus, whatever team that hired Turner could very well already have a starting QB in place. Or they could have a GM who has complete control over the roster and doesn't feel Heinicke is worth whatever amount his agent is seeking. Plus, Heinicke could also feel strong loyalty to Rivera and feel like "This is where I belong." Now, if Heinicke doesn't really develop into a bonafide starter then, yeah, he could be free to follow Turner...but if he doesn't develop into a starter I won't be bothered by him leaving lol...

4 minutes ago, ThePackisback said:

Best wishes to you guys this season. You guys will be fine.

I don't think you've read enough threads to make that assessment lol...

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2