Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

8 hours ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't a Legend something or someone that has happened in the past ?

Heinicke isn't the past. He's the future.

So how can he be a Legend ?

He's still around. And will be, for a long time.

Heinicke is such a legend that distant future human generations wanted to understand his actual origin that they created this simulation we are currently living in. This is simply a repeat of what actually happened a long long time ago…

• Like 1

Something I found interesting about J.T. O'sullivan's breakdown was how he was sort of "meh" on the TD to Ricky Seals-Jones. He said it was a great throw and he liked the overall aggressive attitude in general but he didn't think it was usually the best decision to look downfield, then to checkdown, then late go back downfield. Though he said if you're going to do it then that sort of throw is probably the best way to.

He also seemed to like a lot of the offensive scheming and concepts, which I also found interesting seeing as how so many people here already seem to despise Turner.

He loved the pass to McKissic right before the TD pass, though he talked about how the pump fake basically did nothing since it wasn't aimed at the middle field DB and the rest of the guys were in man.

• Like 3

Smith, who recalled first hearing about Heinicke back when he was still in Kansas City and Heinicke was an undrafted rookie free agent with the Minnesota Vikings, believes that Heinicke has always been talented enough to play in the NFL.

"I don't think the talent is the question at all with Taylor," Smith said. "It really hasn't been over the course of his career. I remember hearing about Taylor when he was a young player in Minnesota, just kind of all the positives about him, that he did have a bright future. To see him come in off the couch last year and just the way he handled himself, I think he realized that. I think he's grateful for the opportunity, but he's got a ton of talent."

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, MisterPinstripe said:

Very interesting that Smith heard TH talked about before on a different team in a different conference. 

I get that this is gonna seem petty but I wouldn’t necessarily “believe” that. He’s trying to create a broadcasting career, and emphasizing his connection to/knowledge about currently relevant guys in the context of his time in the league is his golden ticket. I wouldn’t take it too seriously. Not to say that he’s lying through his teeth or anything, but the idea that he just happens to remember a 4th string UDFA drafted out of Old Dominion from MIN is a little hard to believe. It’s easy to just be like “yeah he had some

buzz back then”. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

23 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Wow, that stat kind of shocked me a little bit. The most completions over their first three starts in NFL history. Kudos Mr Heinicke.

I already really liked the guy, but now I'm all-in on the Heinicke hype train.

Edited by London Kev
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

I get that this is gonna seem petty but I wouldn’t necessarily “believe” that. He’s trying to create a broadcasting career, and emphasizing his connection to/knowledge about currently relevant guys in the context of his time in the league is his golden ticket. I wouldn’t take it too seriously. Not to say that he’s lying through his teeth or anything, but the idea that he just happens to remember a 4th string UDFA drafted out of Old Dominion from MIN is a little hard to believe. It’s easy to just be like “yeah he had some

buzz back then”. 

Maybe someone told him about Heinicke after watching the game winning drive he led with bruised ribs against the 49ners in a pre-season game. All Michaels was doing the play by play for that game. So probably got lots of attention in that area. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

buzz back then”. 

I can buy that Alex might have heard Heinicke's name before, but yeah I sorta doubt that he had any kind of in-depth knowledge of him or had really analyzed his play. Like you said, I doubt he's just completely lying, but I'd be a bit surprised if for some unknown reason he had done film study of a random UDFA on another team's practice squad.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I can buy that Alex might have heard Heinicke's name before, but yeah I sorta doubt that he had any kind of in-depth knowledge of him or had really analyzed his play. Like you said, I doubt he's just completely lying, but I'd be a bit surprised if for some unknown reason he had done film study of a random UDFA on another team's practice squad.

I don't think that's what he said right?  He said he remembers hearing about him and his positives. NFL QB is an awful small fraternity. It would not surprise me that he heard about and maybe even saw some of his play just ot know who he was. That to me is 100% believable. 

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1

So sorry to be that guy - well not really - but OK he has the most completions, do we know the number of attempts and what the comp % was? If he had the most completions but overall completion % was lower, well is that really a good metric? Doesn't also mean he threw a lot becasue the team was behind not always the QBs fault but not good for them either. 

And he did have a 3 pick game. Was that one of the three games or are they leaving that out and using the TB game. A single number jsut does not mean a whole lot. Not takin anything away as I do not know the answer to those questions above. But it would be good to get that context. 

19 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

So sorry to be that guy - well not really - but OK he has the most completions, do we know the number of attempts and what the comp % was? If he had the most completions but overall completion % was lower, well is that really a good metric? Doesn't also mean he threw a lot becasue the team was behind not always the QBs fault but not good for them either. 

And he did have a 3 pick game. Was that one of the three games or are they leaving that out and using the TB game. A single number jsut does not mean a whole lot. Not takin anything away as I do not know the answer to those questions above. But it would be good to get that context. 

His last 3 as a starter: 

Tampa game: 26 of 44 passes for 306 yards, threw a touchdown alongside an interception, and rushed for a touchdown in a 31–23 loss. - 59.1%

Chargers game: 11-15 passes for 122 yards, 1 TD lost to the Chargers. 73.3%

Giants game: 34 of 46 passes for 336 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in Washington's 30-29 win - 73.9%

No 3 pick game here.  But this doesn't add up to 93 completed passes though. What am I missing here?

Edited by zskins
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

It is his first three starts which includes the 3 interception game for Carolina which was his first career start.

He had something like 32 completions on like 54 attempts that game, so the high number of attempts certainly help lead to the high completions.

It also lowered his overall completion percentage because the two starts after that were the Tampa playoff game and the giants last Thursday where he had a much higher completion percentage. 

If you include his three starts and his relief appearances so far heinicke has an excellent completion percentage. 

Hopefully he can keep it up

5 minutes ago, zskins said:

His last 3 as a starter: 

Tampa game: 26 of 44 passes for 306 yards, threw a touchdown alongside an interception, and rushed for a touchdown in a 31–23 loss. - 78.4%

Chargers game: 11-15 passes for 122 yards, 1 TD lost to the Chargers. 73.3%

Giants game: 34 of 46 passes for 336 yards with two touchdowns and one interception in Washington's 30-29 win - 73.9%

No 3 pick game here. 

He didn't start the chargers game, Fitzpatrick did.

His first 3 starts include the 3 pick game in Carolina. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, redskinss said:

It is his first three starts which includes the 3 interception game for Carolina which was his first career start.

He had something like 32 completions on like 54 attempts that game, so the high number of attempts certainly help lead to the high completions.

It also lowered his overall completion percentage because the two starts after that were the Tampa playoff game and the giants last Thursday where he had a much higher completion percentage. 

If you include his three starts and his relief appearances so far heinicke has an excellent completion percentage. 

Hopefully he can keep it up

He didn't start the chargers game, Fitzpatrick did.

His first 3 starts include the 3 pick game in Carolina. 

But he didn't start the Carolina game either. Haskins was benched for him in the 4th quarter from what i am seeing on wiki. 

• Like 1

I just looked at his stats from his 3 starts. 

Carolina vs Atlanta 33/53 1td 274 yards 3int 3 rushes 33 yards

WFT vs Tampa 26/44 1td 1int  306 yards 6 rushes 46

WFT vs Giants 34/46 2td 1int 336 yards 4 rushes 6 yards

65% completion rate 916 yards passing 4tds passing. Extrapolate over 16 games and that’s something like 4800 yards and 21 tds passing. Not too shabby for a guy off the street. 

While I’m a big Heinicke fan and thought he should have been given a chance to start going into the season, let’s not anoint him the next Patrick Mahomes just yet. He’s gonna have some growing pains let’s hope he continues to develop. I’m hoping he’s our Kurt Warner with the same quick release, good accuracy, far better mobility, but maybe not the same arm strength. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

buzz back then”. 

Heinicke was impressive in college, though, and wouldn't surprise me if his name came up among players and coaches. Not to mention, he wasn't quoted...so what we read is a paraphrasing of whatever he actually said, which could have been "A teammate who went to ODU told me about him one time." Hell, we say stuff like that all the time here on ES lol..."I remember SIP mentioning this guy on the draft thread last year."

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Long article from Standig about Heinicke, here's some of it

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.35.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.36.33 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.37.02 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.37.32 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-09-21 at 11.38.47 AM.png

I like the QB related training stuff, but to be honest the strength training portion of this reminds me of Adam Archuleta. He also had a guy he trained with who did seemingly random strength stuff he said was science based but was mostly just oddball variations of regular strength training and was mostly novelty.

Please nobody let Mark Rippetoe anywhere near this Seedman dude. Rip would probably kill him with his bare hands.  :ols: 

Week 2 Winners and Losers via NFL.com

https://www.nfl.com/news/the-first-read-week-3-raiders-are-for-real-cowboys-defense-good-enough

THREE UP

Washington Football Team · QB

This is one thing you can say about the Washington Football Team's current starting quarterback -- he knows how to shine when the lights are brightest. Heinicke won a chance to compete for the starting job with his play at the end of last season, particularly in a Super Wild Card Weekend loss to eventual Super Bowl champion Tampa Bay. Now he's balling out for the WFT with Ryan Fitzpatrick sidelined by a hip injury. It feels like Heinicke is the kind of player whose bubble might burst at some point, but you can't argue with the numbers. He's completed nearly 74 percent of his passes -- including a 34-for-46 effort in a Thursday night win over the New York Giants -- and he's developing a reputation as a gamer.

• Like 1