Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

You have to admin that our D is the reason that game was even close. If our D had done their job like Ron said then it could have been a blowout in our favor. The INT was well received in the game day thread by many poster who were okay with the INT and didn't blame TH for it. What we noticed is that even after the INT he was not rattled like some might have been. The way he got his team to field goal range after the INT speaks volume as well. TH is so far doing good and borderline great on some stuff and you wouldn't expect that from someone who just came off the street. 

Meh, the "if x had happened then y" thing isn't all that convincing of an argument, because you could do that for pretty much any situation. We had every right to be completely blown out by the Chargers, but some drops and a couple really bizarre calls kept them out of the end zone more. They completely dominated us in every meaningful offensive category.

You could say the same thing about the Giants game a well. They were one dropped TD pass and a holding call away from beating us by 2 scores.

And if our defense hadn't gotten the stop after the INT, people would probably be talking about how Heinicke choked instead of how he's apparently a budding superstar now.

All of that has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, zskins said:

You have to admit that our D is the reason that game was even close. If our D had done their job like Ron said then it could have been a blowout in our favor. The INT was well received in the game day thread by many poster who were okay with the INT and didn't blame TH for it. What we noticed is that even after the INT he was not rattled like some might have been. The way he got his team to field goal range after the INT speaks volume as well. TH is so far doing good and borderline great on some stuff and you wouldn't expect that from someone who just came off the street. 

I'm not the biggest Kirk fan and I give Kirk a lot of he'll but I had the feeling of a Kirk performance after that int. Even the following drive down the field felt hollow because we had the game and were now depending on the defense and Hopkins. It reminded me of London. And Kirk lost a hand just like this last week. 

17 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Meh, the "if x had happened then y" thing isn't all that convincing of an argument, because you could do that for pretty much any situation. We had every right to be completely blown out by the Chargers, but some drops and a couple really bizarre calls kept them out of the end zone more. They completely dominated us in every meaningful offensive category.

You could say the same thing about the Giants game a well. They were one dropped TD pass and a holding call away from beating us by 2 scores.

And if our defense hadn't gotten the stop after the INT, people would probably be talking about how Heinicke choked instead of how he's apparently a budding superstar now.

All of that has to be taken with a grain of salt.

Not what I was trying to say but okay. Take everything out then. Forget about the W or even if had gotten a L. How was his performance then? I know it was not elite but damn close to it though on some of his throws and that you can't take away from TH no matter what the Giants did or our stupid D did or how our kicker tried to lose the game. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

I'm not the biggest Kirk fan and I give Kirk a lot of he'll but I had the feeling of a Kirk performance after that int. Even the following drive down the field felt hollow because we had the game and were now depending on the defense and Hopkins. It reminded me of London. And Kirk lost a hand just like this last week. 

Sure that INT was a bad timing. I even questioned the play call and felt we should have just run the ball since we were up and so did many in the game day thread. 

TH said it was a good call but the execution wasn't there. **** happens man. So let's not try to pin ONE INT on TH and say he had a bad game and his performance sucked. By the way, if that was Kirk then I would have had the same feelings. Seen too many from Kirk. This is not Kirk. This is Taylor! 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, zskins said:

Sure that INT was a bad timing. I even questioned the play call and felt we should have just run the ball since we were up and so did many in the game day thread. 

I said this before and will say it again  I’m glad we passed on that drive. I’m tired of playing conservative and it’s not like the D was stopping the Giants. Plus passing means that the coaches had confidence in Heinicke. If it was Kirk and Gruden or even Alex last year, we would have run the ball 3 times and punted. I don’t wanna see that type of p***sy play calling. 

Edited by skinsfan93
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

Wait...Heinicke is a superstar now? All this press is interesting and I think it's cool that he was talking about not getting caught up in success...but can we be a bit realistic here? He's started 2 games for us and won 1. He's played well in both but it's not like he went out and threw for 9 TDs and 0 INTs in those 2 games or something. This feels like a trap.

its-a-trap-trap.gif

1 hour ago, zskins said:

You have to admit that our D is the reason that game was even close. If our D had done their job like Ron said then it could have been a blowout in our favor. The INT was well received in the game day thread by many poster who were okay with the INT and didn't blame TH for it. What we noticed is that even after the INT he was not rattled like some might have been. The way he got his team to field goal range after the INT speaks volume as well. TH is so far doing good and borderline great on some stuff and you wouldn't expect that from someone who just came off the street. 

I don't disagree with any of that.  I love how he just had that determined look and was ready to go back out there.  My opinion of TH hasn't changed, I still believe in him, and think he can be an above average qb even tho people question his arm strength.  My post was referring to the medias reaction to TH, which would have been completely different if the giants got a first down and ran out the clock on that last series.  The media being over the top isn't new or surprising, it's just funny when you think about it.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

I said this before and will say it again  I’m glad we passed on that drive. I’m tired of playing conservative and it’s not like the D was stopping the Giants. Plus passing means that the coaches had confidence in Heinicke. If it was Kirk and Gruden or even Alex last year, we would have run the ball 3 times and punted. I don’t wanna see that type of p***sy play calling. 

Well our D did stop the Giants though and only gave up 3 instead of 6 after we punted the ball to them with that INT and a shorter field. 

Edited by zskins
  • Thumb down 1

57 minutes ago, zskins said:

Not what I was trying to say but okay. Take everything out then. Forget about the W or even if had gotten a L. How was his performance then? I know it was not elite but damn close to it though on some of his throws and that you can't take away from TH no matter what the Giants did or our stupid D did or how our kicker tried to lose the game. 

He played well, as I've said many times before. I just think we're getting a bit carried away with it and with talk about him being a superstar and talking about it like he went out and looked like some unstoppable elite QB. Yes he made some really good throws, and some bad ones. To me he looked like a pretty good starting NFL QB (which is nothing to sneeze at, especially for a UDFA), but not great or elite. Why is it so hard to stay on the Earth with regards to TH?

Edited by mistertim

Alex Smith.

Taylor Heinicke.

It's pretty cool, that 2 years in a row, we may may end up having arguably the best "QB career revival" stories in the league ; albeit for different reasons.

Heinicke started out calling Turner about a possible coaching vacancy last year. Then by a strange twist of fate, if COVID had not happened, we likely wouldn't have this story.

After these 2 stories, could Washington become known as the place to revive your QB career? Maybe Josh Rosen gives us a call, soon...I kid. 😀

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, zskins said:

Well our D did stop the Giants though and only gave up 3 instead of 6 after we punted the ball to them with that INT and a shorter field. 

Are you kidding me? Giants put up 29 points and left 2 touchdowns off the field (penalty and drop). Our defense was Swiss cheese Thur. 

Im tired of not playing to lose instead of playing to win!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, skinsfan93 said:

Are you kidding me? Giants put up 29 points and left 2 touchdowns off the field (penalty and drop). Our defense was Swiss cheese Thur. 

Im tired of not playing to lose instead of playing to win!

i never said our D wasn't swiss cheese. At least they did something and made a crucial stop and gave the O and TH the chance to win the game instead. Penalties and drops happen all of the times. It is what you do that moves the chains and score points instead. 

Edited by zskins

32 minutes ago, mistertim said:

He played well, as I've said many times before. I just think we're getting a bit carried away with it and with talk about him being a superstar and talking about it like he went out and looked like some unstoppable elite QB. Yes he made some really good throws, and some bad ones. To me he looked like a pretty good starting NFL QB (which is nothing to sneeze at, especially for a UDFA), but not great or elite. Why is it so hard to stay on the Earth with regards to TH?

You are in a TH thread and lots of people are high on him while you are trying to temper your enthusiasm. Maybe this thread isn't for you then. 

It really doesn't bother me seeing some really high on him. Let people be excited since the last time we were like this was back in 2012. If he fails, then oh well, next. Until then I am excited to see what else he can do and where he can go if given the chance. 

1 minute ago, zskins said:

You are in a TH thread and lots of people are high on him while you are trying to temper your enthusiasm. Maybe this thread isn't for you then. 

It really doesn't bother me seeing some really high on him. Let people be excited since the last time we were like this was back in 2012. If he fails, then oh well, next. Until then I am excited to see what else he can do and where he can go if given the chance. 

So this thread is only for wild exuberance and not for sober analysis?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So this thread is only for wild exuberance and not for sober analysis?

Your sober analysis is borderline meh. I think most of us here are sober too. I know I am. But I am also excited but you don't want people to be excited since it has only been two games (as you said in one of your post). It is okay to be sober and excited at the same time. :)

4 minutes ago, zskins said:

Your sober analysis is borderline meh. I think most of us here are sober too. I know I am. But I am also excited but you don't want people to be excited since it has only been two games (as you said in one of your post). It is okay to be sober and excited at the same time. :)

I like what I've seen from TH and I'm excited that he seems to be showing some promise as a potential long term QB option. I just think that after 2 starts the over the top stuff is a bit much and is more likely than not going to end up setting unrealistic expectations for the guy.

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

When they make a movie about Heinicke's life and career, who should play him ?

I don't think there's any argument about that whatsoever.

Gotta be Matt Damon.

He's probably too old now, though. Ha

the dude from were the millers

800px-Will_Poulter_SDCC_2014.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, mistertim said:

I like what I've seen from TH and I'm excited that he seems to be showing some promise as a potential long term QB option. I just think that after 2 starts the over the top stuff is a bit much and is more likely than not going to end up setting unrealistic expectations for the guy.

It is just the fans and they can do what they want. The fans are not going to set anything for TH though. TH already knows what he needs to do. He knows where he came from and where he wants to go. He is cool and collective and no matter what stage he is on it doesn't bother him. I really like his positive attitude. He also knows he still needs to work hard and stay healthy if he wants to stay as the starter. 

• Like 4

We can sum up this thread for the vast majority of posters.

I'll buy his jersey right now, but I need to see more before I talk about him being a franchise QB.

We're all excited for him. I'm ecstatic. But RGlll won RoY  and turned out to be lousy. But it's really nice to be excited!

I think that's were most of us are right now. I haven't bought the jersey yet..............................but the "Legend of Taylor Heinicke" hoodie comes in tomorrow. ;)

• Like 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, zskins said:

You’re sober? At 10:54 on a Tuesday night?!

square :) 

• Haha 6