Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

7 hours ago, ODU AGGIE said:

The only real difference I can see between Heinicke and Wilson is that Wilson seems to be more injury prone.

I hope you are referring to Mr Wilson from Dennis the Menace.

Edited by Csup
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, UK SKINS FAN 74 said:

Quality back-up.

Sub par starter. 
We need a major upgrade at some stage....soon.

Disagree completely, super reactionary post. 

By no means am I under the illusion that heineke is our guy long term, but this was a team loss and he shouldn’t need to score 30 plus to win games. He still showed glimpses of being very capable.

• Thanks 1

WInston did just about nothing well today besides his downfield throws, and twice they turned into TDs.  Meanwhile TH played his usual game, some good throws, some bonheaded throws, but also plenty of times he made correct reads but could not deliver the ball properly.   You can't coach away lack of physical tools, the only remedy is removing those plays out of the offense all together, but as soon as you start doing that you just limit the passing game more than it already is.

16 minutes ago, BudLighticke said:

By no means am I under the illusion that heineke is our guy long term, but this was a team loss and he shouldn’t need to score 30 plus to win games. He still showed glimpses of being very capable.

nope, being saying it for a long time now.

If you knew nothing besides TH & Winston today besides both are backup journeyman looking for an opportunity, you could have come away from the game thinking TH does more things well, but Winston has the better physical tools that can be fine tuned with coaching.  Now of course because we already know who Winston is, we know that isn't the case, but with TH we are also now finding out why he was in the XFL a year ago.   He is a gutsy QB who has a lot of heart and fight in him, but he has a hard ceiling due to his physical limitations and we are only going to see more of it hamper the passing game, the more D-coordinators see tape on him.  

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, D’Pablo said:

Is there anything Taylor can do to improve his arm strength? Good god did he throw some wounded ducks. The decision making was also way more questionable than I’ve seen it.

Dunno. I’ve been working out my arm two… sometimes three times a day for decades and I doubt I can throw a ball more than 30 yards downfield.

45 minutes ago, BudLighticke said:

Your username is Budlighticke lmao

Stop it 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Heinicke isnt good enough to beat quality Ds like the Saints.

Not without help.  He's good enough if surrounded by a lot of weapons.  Today, he had Gibson.  That was about it.  Lattimore did a really good job vs McLaurin.  I was really impressed.  Didn't think I'd see anyone be able to stay with him.  Losing Thomas, Sims, Brown, and never really having Samuels has taken its toll.  You can win games with TH but he needs more help than what the WFT has on the roster right now.  I suppose Milne and AGG can develop and RSJ is not horrible.  But they're not the same offense any more.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ThomasRoane said:

Not without help.  He's good enough if surrounded by a lot of weapons.

How can you say this....hes lucky to be in the league in my opinion, even surrounded with tons of weapons i dont think Heinicke can be a stand out qb, yeah he can win some games but i want to be a contender and this guy does not make us a contender ever. To go deep his wind up is too long he doenst have the arm strength to flick a ball into tight coverage, his best plays prob come when hes scrambling around because he does have some quick feet and good reactionary skills but at the end of the day thats not good enough to beat half the teams in the league. 

8 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

How can you say this....hes lucky to be in the league in my opinion, even surrounded with tons of weapons i dont think Heinicke can be a stand out qb, yeah he can win some games but i want to be a contender and this guy does not make us a contender ever. To go deep his wind up is too long he doenst have the arm strength to flick a ball into tight coverage, his best plays prob come when hes scrambling around because he does have some quick feet and good reactionary skills but at the end of the day thats not good enough to beat half the teams in the league. 

He will never be a contender the way our D is playing anyway. Take away the long TD pass and the hail Mary they stood and just watched we would have won this game even with the two picks today. You can win a lot of games with TH. You can't win any with our D though. The D is supposed to help when the O is having a sub-par performance. We don't have that luxury. 

That said, yes TH has some bad throws or even a semi-bad day but not going to put this lose on him though. TH did enough or lack of to win this game. 

Edited by zskins
  • Thanks 2