Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

1 hour ago, ODU AGGIE said:

MT, I'll give you this. You are tough, and you are consistent. Cheers!

I like to think I'm being somewhat fair. I know it may seem like I'm "down" on TH because I don't share the same enthusiasm as some posters here, but I have genuinely been pleased with what I've seen from him and I'm happy for him as he seems like a genuinely good dude. But I still do want to see a few things cleaned up and see a whole season before really coming to a conclusion. Maybe that's me being cynical as a lifelong suffering WFT fan, but it is what it is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

I like to think I'm being somewhat fair. I know it may seem like I'm "down" on TH because I don't share the same enthusiasm as some posters here, but I have genuinely been pleased with what I've seen from him and I'm happy for him as he seems like a genuinely good dude. But I still do want to see a few things cleaned up and see a whole season before really coming to a conclusion. Maybe that's me being cynical as a lifelong suffering WFT fan, but it is what it is.

That conclusion is going to come in about 3 months. 🙂 I’m not invested in any particular outcome. But this season, Heiney and McLaurin have been the only thing making this team worth watching. And why the season isn’t already tanked. Even if it isn’t sustainable, right now it’s all we’ve got. And the moment he’s out, there’s no football on my TV and no gamecast on my cell. And I’ll be hanging strictly in the Tailgate forum. 😂

I don’t like the entire season hinging on him at this point in his career…  and sustaining this pace. It’s not fair to him either; it does him no favours. But for the franchise’s sake…. I’m rooting for him. And he hasn’t done enough to rule out the possibility thus far. At this point, we’re still *waiting* for the other shoe to drop. And for WFT fans by week 5, that is still a luxury we shouldnt take for granted.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Painkiller said:

Far more likely.  More often than not a QB taken in the first round does not meet the ridiculous level of expectations...and surprise...produces (at best) the level of play that Taylor Heinicke is producing right now.  All things remaining equal, I'd rather spend the first round pick on the secondary.

I don't really subscribe to the "Suck for Luck" mentality.  The high first round QB "messiah" that comes in to save the day and makes you a contender every season for a decade.  Those guys are so few and far between, and it's really a crap shoot despite what the "experts" will tell you.  As an example, I remember the night Mark Sanchez was drafted.  I watched him in his suit on his couch, sipping his wine, with a smug look on his face when the phone rang, and my impression was immediately...this guy doesn't get it.  There is no way 51 other football players are going to follow him to hell and back. 

There is nothing wrong with enjoying your success, but an ounce of humility would do a lot of these guys some good.  

image.png.3e726d8745294a81909be2ad0b87766c.png

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Enforcer_FFX said:

🤣

That’s a funny tweet.  It’s weird - if you look closely, EA nailed a few details, but then butchered others and made him look like a character from GTA.  I could make a more convincing Mii character for Taylor.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

That’s a funny tweet.  It’s weird - if you look closely, EA nailed a few details, but then butchered others and made him look like a character from GTA.  I could make a more convincing Mii character for Taylor.

Which details did they nail? His jersey number and skin color?

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, skinny21 said:

I am not seeing any features they got right. 

68485014_FBLvBGjX0AIiVeWcopy.thumb.png.798fe63b51f265a8ca59228dbc6f49f3.png

Edited by zskins
  • Like 1

The reason it doesn't look like him and instead looks like a generic face is because it's a generic face and isn't made to look like him.

Madden has thousands of players in its game. A handful of the superstars get specifically sculpted faces. The majority get one of the 40 or so random faces spread across 3 skin colors.

I am fun at parties.

You might recognize some of the faces from Madden NFL 08. Most of them, you probably wouldn't because they were generic ones.

Faces Light2.jpg

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The reason it doesn't look like him and instead looks like a generic face is because it's a generic face and isn't made to look like him.

Madden has thousands of players in its game. A handful of the superstars get specifically sculpted faces. The majority get one of the 40 or so random faces spread across 3 skin colors.

I am fun at parties.

You might recognize some of the faces from Madden NFL 08. Most of them, you probably wouldn't because they were generic ones.

Faces Light2.jpg

Is it just me or is #450 a spitting image of Rex Grossman?

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Is it just me or is #450 a spitting image of Rex Grossman?

I don't see it so much for Grossman, but 403 is Phillip Rivers and 485 is probably Kurt Warner. 90 is Laveranues Coles. 310, Olin Kreutz.

Edited by NickyJ

I've said this before; you need 2 seasons of TH being the starter, before you can determine if he's the long term solution. The schedule is getting tougher. How does he do? Does he do well or does he do poorly; leading Ron to go to Kyle or Ryan, if healthy.  We will see.

If Taylor starts all season and does well, then he has earned the starting job for 22.  Some will want to then give him a long term deal. I would say no. After him playing a year, teams will have tape on him and they can adjust their defenses to stop him. He could completely flop in year 2 as the starter.  If he has earned the job for 22, you give him a one year extension to 23. Give him a raise.  If he proves he's the long term guy in 22, then you get him his long term deal.

If he's not the guy, you got a solid backup. If he's the guy, we found the franchise and can build the Team around him.  We are just going to have to see how the season plays out and if he's starting in 22, if he can be the long term guy.

We all hope he is but we don't know yet.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rdskns2000 said:

I've said this before; you need 2 seasons of TH being the starter, before you can determine if he's the long term solution. The schedule is getting tougher. How does he do? Does he do well or does he do poorly; leading Ron to go to Kyle or Ryan, if healthy.  We will see.

If Taylor starts all season and does well, then he has earned the starting job for 22.  Some will want to then give him a long term deal. I would say no. After him playing a year, teams will have tape on him and they can adjust their defenses to stop him. He could completely flop in year 2 as the starter.  If he has earned the job for 22, you give him a one year extension to 23. Give him a raise.  If he proves he's the long term guy in 22, then you get him his long term deal.

If he's not the guy, you got a solid backup. If he's the guy, we found the franchise and can build the Team around him.  We are just going to have to see how the season plays out and if he's starting in 22, if he can be the long term guy.

We all hope he is but we don't know yet.

This is a solid, reasonable approach to the situation for sure.   I agree in that I think we'll know in '22 for sure whether to move forward with him as #1.  I think he has cemented backup status now for sure.  

I think this week will be a really big test for him. Saints defense is legit.

I'd say that even when Fitz comes back, it's his job to lose.

First time getting a starting job without having to look over his shoulder, he gets taken out by a waterpark and might be done. Shame, but funny.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

This is a solid, reasonable approach to the situation for sure.   I agree in that I think we'll know in '22 for sure whether to move forward with him as #1.  I think he has cemented backup status now for sure.  

After so many years of frustration (since Gibbs 1.0), I've learned not to think too much about the future with this franchise.  I just enjoy the brief moments of good fortune that we fans get to experience.  Lord knows we haven't had many and if you keep waiting for better days, you might miss out on some pretty good ones.  Like the five in a row or we don't go, Clinton Portis in costume, Monday night miracle, RG III when he was electrifying, You-like-that, and now the Heinicke Hive.  

Edited by ThomasRoane
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

First time getting a starting job without having to look over his shoulder, he gets taken out by a waterpark and might be done. Shame, but funny.

Anybody know how Fitz's rehab is coming along. I remember commenting (or at least thinking) that he just might not come back but call it a career.

49 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Only way Taylor isn’t the starter all season; his performance warrants him returning to the bench.  Fitzy will probably retire after the season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Anybody know how Fitz's rehab is coming along. I remember commenting (or at least thinking) that he just might not come back but call it a career.

I remember reading that he's trying to rehab his injury without surgery. I can understand the sentiment but sometimes it seems that ends up being a worse option. However, if a guy is close to the end of his career (which he is) I could see how opting for a less invasive approach and monitoring how it goes would be more appealing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

I am fun at parties.

Faces Light2.jpg

Okay but damn at least get the skin tone right. Unless that is an extreme tan version of him 😂