Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

9 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Except they didn't, not in the second half. We got two turnovers. If it weren't for a missed FG by Dustin Hopkins we would've been up 6 midway through the 3rd an in control of the game. Instead he missed, then on our next possession we fumbled and gave them a short field. That game is closer than we remember because since then our defense has been somehow much worse. 

In addition to the missed field goal, the offense started with a three and out followed by two drives into the red zone before settling for two field goals. That was a winnable game.

If we take away our mistakes or bad breaks, and we want to make it even, then logically we should do that for the Chargers too.

They absolutely dominated us in every offensive category outside of the score. That it was close was mostly luck. So if we take away a couple of bad calls against them, take away a couple of dropped passes, etc. then they would probably have dropped a 40 burger and beaten us anyway.

Edited by mistertim

5 minutes ago, mistertim said:

If we take away our mistakes or bad breaks, if we want to make it even, then logically we should do that for the Chargers too.

They absolutely dominated us in every offensive category outside of the score. That it was close was mostly luck. So if we take away a couple of bad calls against them, take away a couple of dropped passes, etc. then they would probably have dropped a 40 burger and beaten us anyway.

True, but the way it all came down, you have to believe it was a winnable game that we just didn't win. Shoulda, coulda, woulda. Close, but no cigar.

Edited by ODU AGGIE

Just now, mistertim said:

If we take away our mistakes or bad breaks, and we want to make it even, then logically we should do that for the Chargers too.

Probably. But for Taylor Heinicke's sake and because this is his thread. I say we win that game if he starts, even if it was only 6 plays for Fitz. I'm on team dumb-dumb. 

• Haha 2

I kind of feel bad for all the people fighting haters that don't exist on the forum. It must get lonely guarding against the monsters that don't exist.

So I'm taking one for the team. I think Taylor Heinicke is the worst thing since unsliced bread. He sucks. Mark Sanchez has a better beach bod. Dwayne Haskins slings his dollar bills better at the strip clubs. Colt McCoy drinks raw milk, Heinicke chugs beer? Puhleeze. McCoy lives the hard life.

Jason Campbell had better..... Actually, I dunno, I don't think I got anything for that. At least Mark Brunell could hit the water if he fell out of boat. Heinicke couldn't hit a boat if he fell out of the water.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I kind of feel bad for all the people fighting haters that don't exist on the forum. It must get lonely guarding against the monsters that don't exist.

So I'm taking one for the team. I think Taylor Heinicke is the worst thing since unsliced bread. He sucks. Mark Sanchez has a better beach bod. Dwayne Haskins slings his dollar bills better at the strip clubs. Colt McCoy drinks raw milk, Heinicke chugs beer? Puhleeze. McCoy lives the hard life.

Jason Campbell had better..... Actually, I dunno, I don't think I got anything for that. At least Mark Brunell could hit the water if he fell out of boat. Heinicke couldn't hit a boat if he fell out of the water.

13 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Fear, sarcasm and ridicule. You must be a retired Air Force instructor pilot! Cheers!

Taylor has got away with a few ducks so far this year. He's had a handful of dropped INT's. However, he is playing well.

He leads the league in fewest sacks taken and sack yards lost, 8th in completion %, 13th in QBR (above Lamar Jackson, below Daniel Jones). Overall, he has been the only reason why we're not 0-4 since we have a defense that couldn't stop Rutgers.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, mistertim said:

Come on guys.

There were 6 passes before TH came in. 6.

So if Heinicke had thrown those 6 passes we would have won the game?

How many drives were those 6 passes in.

Not saying you're wrong,  but I think the point and question is if he was in there, would those 6 passes actually be more then 6 due to extended drives.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Xameil said:

How many drives were those 6 passes in.

Not saying you're wrong,  but I think the point and question is if he was in there, would those 6 passes actually be more then 6 due to extended drives.

And three were incomplete. If you cannot do the math, that's a 50% completion percentage for a total of 13 yards.

Edited by ODU AGGIE

1 hour ago, NickyJ said:

kind of feel bad for all the people fighting haters that don't exist on the forum. It must get lonely guarding against the monsters that don't exist.

Most of the people here don't care if the team wins or loses. They just care about whether or not they can say "they were right".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

And there's a possibility that due to nerves from being out there for the first time since last season and in only his 3rd career start along with not having much practice with the starters, two of those could have been interceptions that the Chargers got points off of.

But that's some sort of in depth imaginary scenario too, so it's also silly. See my point?

First you say 6 passes wouldn't have mattered then you say he could have had INTs instead. Yeah I see who the silly one is here.

1 minute ago, zskins said:

First you say 6 passes wouldn't have mattered then you say he could have had INTs instead. Yeah I see who the silly one is here.

Oh for the love of the flying spaghetti monster.

Yes, assuming they would have been INTs is silly.

That's literally the entire point.

The whole "what if" speculation thing is silly, whether it's assuming that Heinicke would have magically turned 6 passes into TDs or assuming he would have thrown 2 picks with them.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The whole "what if" speculation thing is silly, whether it's assuming that Heinicke would have magically turned 6 passes into TDs or assuming he would have thrown 2 picks with them.

So you also think it is silly to dream as well?

My point was let someone feel better if they want to. But you sure like to go around poppin their balloons. 

13 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Anyone involved in this stupid debate of how things would have gone differently in those 6 passes, on both sides.

That was my point. 😉

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, zskins said:

So you also think it is silly to dream as well?

My point was let someone feel better if they want to. But you sure like to go around poppin their balloons. 

Maybe we should have 2 Heinicke threads then.

One "Taylor Heinicke QB discussion" thread where people talk about his play and one "Taylor Heinicke homers and dreamers" thread where "bad vibes" aren't allowed and people talk about what-ifs, merchandise, how amazing he could eventually be, or already is, etc.

I'm honestly only half joking. As @ConnSKINS26brought up earlier, this is the thread we have to discuss Heinicke in general, and it isn't necessarily just meant to be a fan club. If someone wants a Heinicke homers thread, and want to be homers without having to deal with people "popping their balloons", maybe they can create one? I'll promise to completely stay out of it.

Edited by mistertim

Thing about this luck and bad call talk is to highlight how much it actually effects things.  Take away the egregious bad calls against us (not all the ticky-tac ones but ones like the non-call face mask in the Chargers game or the fumble called not a fumble that ended up in another Falcons TD), we'd likely be 3-1 (and 1-2 dominant wins) and the narrative would be different (even though we'd really be no better than we are).  Take away the bad calls and bad luck of our opponents and we are likely 0-4.

5 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Thing about this luck and bad call talk is to highlight how much it actually effects things.  Take away the egregious bad calls against us (not all the ticky-tac ones but ones like the non-call face mask in the Chargers game or the fumble called not a fumble that ended up in another Falcons TD), we'd likely be 3-1 (and 1-2 dominant wins) and the narrative would be different (even though we'd really be no better than we are).  Take away the bad calls and bad luck of our opponents and we are likely 0-4.

The sign of an average team.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Maybe we should have 2 Heinicke threads then.

One "Taylor Heinicke QB discussion" thread where people talk about his play and one "Taylor Heinicke homers and dreamers" thread where "bad vibes" aren't allowed and people talk about what-ifs, merchandise, how amazing he could eventually be, or already is, etc.

I'm honestly only half joking. As @ConnSKINS26brought up earlier, this is the thread we have to discuss Heinicke in general, and it isn't necessarily just meant to be a fan club. If someone wants a Heinicke homers thread, and want to be homers without having to deal with people "popping their balloons", maybe they can create one? I'll promise to completely stay out of it.

Nah, no need for that, MT. You're happy to point out concern for his durability, his lack of enough games to adequately evaluate him, his lack of arm strength, his tendency to throw high and so on. While we are happy to point out his successes, praise his pocket sense, appreciate his moxie/grit, delight in his ability to save a play with his legs and so on. It's all good. Cheers!

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Spaghetti monster? Never heard that one.  Good one.....