Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

12 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, but it seems we find a way to compare any and everything to Griffin, regularly, nearly - if not, every day.

It's not that I really care about folks crapping on him, as he basically makes himself a punchline regularly.  I just find it odd how often he's still brought up here for so many different reasons.

Part of it was the hype train. Part is how much he stuck out at some many things. Good and bad, I guess that's really the thing. He had it all, so there is so much you can compare to him.

14 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Sure, but it seems we find a way to compare any and everything to Griffin, regularly, nearly - if not, every day.

It's not that I really care about folks crapping on him, as he basically makes himself a punchline regularly.  I just find it odd how often he's still brought up here for so many different reasons.

He was the QB. 

Sky high expectations and results and then the fallout with drama. 

It's not weird. 

Every once and a while when the team is driving late in a half, I'm half-dreading an accidental kneel down. Cousins will stick with me. 

3 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Whatevs, my opinion is my opinion and you guys are still wierdly obsessed with goofy stuff.  Na Na Boo Boo, *sticks tongue out*.

"Bounce off me and sticks to you." "Period" "Can't erase my period". "Infinity +1" 🤣

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, mistertim said:

A guy selling merch has nothing to do with sticking out our chests IMO. This is just a personal opinion thing. I find it kind of cringeworthy, especially when it's an unproven guy. That doesn't mean I necessarily fault him for trying to make some extra bucks. I just don't really dig the whole thing. 

I wouldn't have bought it myself.  My 21 year old son bought it for me.  A son who was very close to checking out as a fan after many years of frustration; about to get on the Ravens bandwagon .  My older son gave up long ago.  Daughters used to care and are still very knowledgeable but one too many trips to Landover only to drive back 4 to 5 hours depressed.  They only care about fantasy football now.  At least they're still football fans though.  So, this depressed fanbase has to settle for short-term windows of success.  That's life as a fan of a team owned by Dan Snyder.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I am listening to Logan Paulsen right now.   He thinks this game against the Saints is very telling as for Taylor's future.  He thinks he's done well against the Giants and Atlanta which he explained run a very simple defense to dissect.  He said Buffalo's defense is complex.    He wants to see if he can dissect a complex defense and in his view the Saints is the perfect test because its no really complex but isn't simple either. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am not really a college jersey guy but I really like the colors on that one, tempting....😀 I am just afriad if I buy it it will jinx him. 😧

I had four season tickets at ODU for ten years. Then I dropped down to two. So -- I did not qualify for the deal on this jersey that was offered to holders of four season tickets. Net result -- I just ordered my Hudson Blue Heinicke Jersey. Guarantee you, there is no jinx here!

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Joey Bosa, on the pressure he put on Derek Carr :

And you saw on  Covington's sack, he was pretty much curling into a ball before we even got back there. Great dude, great player ... but we know once you get pressure on him, he kind of shuts down."

2 things you will never, ever see Taylor Heinicke do, under pressure...not even when under pressure from Joey Bosa, as we saw in Week 1.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 3

5 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Joey Bosa, on the pressure he put on Derek Carr :

And you saw on  Covington's sack, he was pretty much curling into a ball before we even got back there. Great dude, great player ... but we know once you get pressure on him, he kind of shuts down."

2 things you will never, ever see Taylor Heinicke do, under pressure...not even when under pressure from Joey Bosa, as we saw in Week 1.

I actually think if TH played the whole game we would've had a good shot at beating SD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

I actually think if TH played the whole game we would've had a good shot at beating SD

Yes, and interestingly, the last time (and only other time) that TH came in relief for one of our QB's, a lot of people said the exact same thing.

That game was against Carolina last year. Haskins started. Then TH came in after Haskins was benched and had us behind the Panthers, and Heinicke came very close to a comeback win.

Then, many said we would have beat Carolina if he played that whole game.

Also, interesting to note, is that Chargers' game that Heinicke came so close to winning in relief, also was the only game this year that our defense did its job.

The Chargers' was the only game our defense held the other team to less than 29 points.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yes, and interestingly, the last time (and only other time) that TH came in relief for one of our QB's, a lot of people said the exact same thing.

That game was against Carolina last year. Haskins started. Then TH came in after Haskins was benched and had us behind the Panthers, and Heinicke came very close to a comeback win.

Then many said we would have beat Carolina if he played that whole game.

He still almost did, couple of big drops, one that should have been a TD.

He's played well in every game he's been in for us, outside of the Bills game. Off the bench, as a starter, he's come in and the team has perked up measurably.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So, this tweet posed it as a question, whether Thomas would go to IR, and since noone has posted the move yet, Thomas if officially on IR.

That grab that RSJ made for a TD against the Giants, was so Thomas-like, that I feel much better about him taking the #1 role, for the next 4 or so weeks.

Apparently Reyes isn't even ready for the #3 spot yet, as we signed the TE from Seattle's PS. Hopefully that provides us at least a little insight on Seattle for that game against them.

19 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Our fanbase is so sad, RG3 still gets brought up here on the reg.  RG3 did this - X guy does that, and it's way better.  RG3 did that, but I love this guy because he does X.  Over 9 years since he was drafted, and 8 years since he was any good.  And this fools name still shows up here almost daily.

It’s an indictment on this franchise under Dan Snyder.  Since he took ownership the only notable player to play for the Skins over the past 21 years is Sean Taylor, and that is because of his dying young.  RG3 was the closest QB we had to a good one besides Kirk, hence the comparisons