Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Heinicke Hive: The LEGEND of Taylor Heinicke Thread

LetThePointsSoar
Message added by TK,

image.png.76d3d6bba631c4c9e8442f26a9c9afc4.png

10 hours ago, goskins10 said:

So this is the best view of the last play I have seen. Others may get the coaches copies stuff but I do not. This is from Jim Rome, who is a douche, but I watched anyway to hear from JD - good interview from him despite Rome conducting. Ok, moving on. Real time I thought I saw Humphries come open earlier in the play. But I never saw a replay to confirm or deny. This one has is. 

If all you are interested in is the last play go to 4:34. Freeze it at 4:35. DeAndre Carter (I think that is who it is, hard to see numbers) is open but there is no way Taylor sees him. It's across the field with all the oline and dline beef in front of him. Go to 4:36 and you see Humphries pop open. Taylor has direct sight. This may be some self awareness. That completion takes a rope. And there is some traffic. No need to force anything at all since you are well within FG range (No comments on Hopkins please, we know his issues, this is about Taylor). He freezes what I believe is the LB (safeties got pulled across in the other routes, CBs are also in coverage but I can't blow up enough to see numbers and verify) in the middle of the field - not sure if that was intentional or just he kept looking for a place to throw, but either way, the LB gets frozen and that's what let's JD get around the edge. 

Really interesting play to watch from the skycam. BTW: I am not questioning him not throwing to Humphries. He clearly saw something he did not like. More likely it was too much traffic and all we really had to have was 3. So probably best to turn that route down. But I was sure I saw him open so I feel at least I was able to verify. Anyway, good interview if you can stomach Rome. Great view of the last play. BTW - It has the other TD passes too from the skycam earlier in the video.    I think you have to go to Youtube to watch it. But you should be able to get there with this:

I'm not sure I'm seeing the same thing - the WRs are all blanketed it seems.  But I do agree that Taylor uses his eyes to pull the entire ATL defense to one side of the field before coming back to McKissic who happened to leak out on the complete opposite side of the field.  Add to that Taylor's pocket presence really allows him to slide left a bit to open up the throwing lane back to McKissic.  One or two shuffle steps and he's able to complete the pass.

39 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I wanna be impressed but honestly it just shows how pathetic we have been at the position in the last 22 years.

I heard on the radio he is on pace for 30 tds which would be the most since Sonny Jurgensen. FDR was president when that man was born. How awful is that

NFL qbs regularly get 30+ these days

Regularly ?

An overwhelming majority do not get 30 TD's a year.

Usually as few as the Top 5, and maybe the Top 10, actually get 30 TD's.

Getting that many is not "normal" or "average". It's great - by any standard, and not just our own history.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Um, explain how I'm attacking you?

Fine, we disagree. You apparently believe it's rational for someone to essentially say "If this thing that didn't happen actually happened, then I know exactly what the outcome would have been, regardless of how many unknowable variables there are". I think it's completely irrational, hence "nonsensical."

You can't help it, can you?  

I think their post were of the "could have" variety, not "would have".   Makes for interesting conversation, although it changes nothing.  But to call it silly, and now, irrational and nonsensical, seems pretty heavy-handed. 

This is a blog - where "what if's" and "could be's" are the legal tender of conversation.

:229:The Rook

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, The Rook said:

You can't help it, can you?  

I think their post were of the "could have" variety, not "would have".   Makes for interesting conversation, although it changes nothing.  But to call it silly, and now, irrational and nonsensical, seems pretty heavy-handed. 

This is a blog - where "what if's" and "could be's" are the legal tender of conversation.

:229:The Rook

The original posts were people saying if TH had started we would have had a good shot of winning the game. That seemed silly to me since it was 6 passes over a couple of drives.

But ok, I'll play.

Ok. What if Heinicke had started vs the Chargers and threw 3 interceptions in his first 3 drives? Would Kyle Allen be starting now?

Edited by mistertim
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I wanna be impressed but honestly it just shows how pathetic we have been at the position in the last 22 years.

I heard on the radio he is on pace for 30 tds which would be the most since Sonny Jurgensen. FDR was president when that man was born. How awful is that? NFL qbs regularly get 30+ these days

No Skins QB has thrown 30 TD passes in a season since Sonny???Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

The original posts were people saying if TH had started we would have had a good shot of winning the game. That seemed silly to me since it was 6 passes over a couple of drives.

But ok, I'll play.

Ok. What if Heinicke had started vs the Chargers and threw 3 interceptions in his first 3 drives? Would Kyle Allen be starting now?

Of course not, Fitzmagic would.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Regularly ?

An overwhelming majority do not get 30 TD's a year.

Usually as few as the Top 5, and maybe the Top 10, actually get 30 TD's.

Getting that many is not "normal" or "average". It's great - by any standard, and not just our own history.

That's loser talk. :)

I only focus on the greats.

5 minutes ago, -JB- said:

No Skins QB has thrown 30 TD passes in a season since Sonny???Sad Season 2 GIF by Friends

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/pass_td_single_season.htm

31 in 1967.

3 minutes ago, mistertim said:

But ok, I'll play.

If you couldn't see the considerable step up in confidence from every player on offense the second Heinicke took the huddle in that game, I don't know what else to say.  The offense looked crisp and it seemed like Norv Jr. opened up the play calling a bit more.  We all wanted Fitz to work out, but it felt like he was given the starting gig because he had the big contract, not by merit.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

If you couldn't see the considerable step up in confidence from every player on offense the second Heinicke took the huddle in that game, I don't know what else to say.  The offense looked crisp and it seemed like Norv Jr. opened up the play calling a bit more.  We all wanted Fitz to work out, but it felt like he was given the starting gig because he had the big contract, not by merit.

It was 6 passes on the first drives of the first game of the season with a new QB in a new system.

Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the same people who **** at me for not crowning Heinicke as the savior after only starting 4 games also point to 6 passes from Fitz as some sort of irrefutable proof that he wasn't going to work out for us.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rex Tomb said:

Same thing happened last year when he stepped in for Haskins in the Carolina game down 20-6.  Immediately the offense moved and he woulda had a huge play for a score if Cam Sims didn’t drop that deep ball near the end zone.  

• Thumb up 3

7 minutes ago, -JB- said:

Same thing happened last year when he stepped in for Haskins in the Carolina game down 20-6.  Immediately the offense moved and he woulda had a huge play for a score if Cam Sims didn’t drop that deep ball near the end zone.  

Plus, he really has not had a truly "bad" outing yet.

And he's played about the equivalent of 5 complete games

If he was a fluke, he wouldn't be that consistent.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Plus, he really has not had a truly "bad" outing yet.

And he's played about the equivalent of 5 complete games

If he was a fluke, he wouldn't be that consistent.

There are guys who have played entire good seasons and who ended up being flukes. That's one of the reasons I want to see at least a full season out of him before making any conclusions.

I honestly don't think that's an unreasonable position.

Edited by mistertim

13 minutes ago, mistertim said:

There are guys who have played entire good seasons and who ended up being flukes. That's one of the reasons I want to see at least a full season out of him before making any conclusions.

Most of those fluke guys that I can think of were on quality teams (Matt Cassell).  That’s not the case here. I’d like to see Heinicke manage a game in which we got an early lead instead always playing from behind.  I think we’ll see much less of those 50/50 balls that could be intercepted.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NewCliche21 said:

Flying spaghetti monster is an actual thing on the Internets.  Been around for over a decade.

I'm 54 and have never heard it before.......telling me it's been around for over a decade does not tell me what it means. But I will go look it up, I thought it was his way of not cussing. Thanks.

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

It was 6 passes on the first drives of the first game of the season with a new QB in a new system.

Though I guess I shouldn't be surprised that the same people who **** at me for not crowning Heinicke as the savior after only starting 4 games also point to 6 passes from Fitz as some sort of irrefutable proof that he wasn't going to work out for us.

Those 6 passes were thrown over nearly a quarter and a half.  Is it possible that the play calling was limited by Fitzpatrick's understanding of the offense?  Your use of hyperbole suggests that you are on the losing side of this argument, but you're backed into a corner so you will claw your way out.  

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

You act like Heinicke is Matt Flynn or something.  He has at least 3 more good starts under his belt than Flynn.  

• Like 2

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

Those 6 passes were thrown over nearly a quarter and a half.  Is it possible that the play calling was limited by Fitzpatrick's understanding of the offense?  Your use of hyperbole suggests that you are on the losing side of this argument, but you're backed into a corner so you will claw your way out.  

What hyperbole? Someone literally just ****ed at me earlier for saying Heinicke had been "pretty good" instead of saying he's amazing and is clearly the guy.

And maybe it was limited to let Fitz get a feel since it was a new offensive system. Maybe it was just the design that Turner had for the first x number of plays. Maybe they wanted to try and established the run early. Who knows. Either way, watching 6 pass attempts from a new QB and then coming to the conclusion that he clearly isn't the guy based on that sample is ludicrous.

• Like 2