Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

5 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So, this guy replied to an NFL post today about how the NFL hit the 90% mark of players who are fully vaccinated or have had at least one shot. He claims it isn’t true, because players are finding loopholes to not be considered in the “denominator” group. He guarantees that anyone who has applied for and received an exemption are not counted in the %, otherwise the NFL wouldn’t give a % and they’d tell us a specific number of players who had 1, 2, or 0 shots with no exemption.

Pretty sure they use percentage because of the goal they set...I don't think any p[lace keeping tabs of such things ever said "Our goal is to have 230,691 people in the county vaccinated" lol...Telling the players and the public that 1,300 players have gotten at least one vax shot means nothing. Telling them at least 90% of the players have received at least one vax shot, though, conveys more than mere raw numbers could ever.

Edited by Califan007
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Larry said:

Yeah, I have a feeling that at the grocery store, the people wearing masks are probably vaccinated, and the folks going naked probably aren't. 

Kina like when a lady lets you raw dog. You don’t wanna raw dog her but if a lady tells you to wrap it up you wanna raw dog. 

• Haha 6

I am going to be quoted in a legal publication about returning to the office while Covid is still a thing (no attribution because they don't want to shame the firms who are forcing people back and not mandating vaccines).  I really hope they use my quote about being frustrated with unvaccinated people making selfish choices.  It took all of my self control to phrase it as "making selfish choices" and not "being selfish assholes."

• Like 10

4 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

No way will I go through that, and I'll do everything I can to make sure no one else does.  That hurts just watching it. 

Hes going to remember that for the rest of his life unfortunately. Has to be traumatizing.

• Sad 2

27 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I am going to be quoted in a legal publication about returning to the office while Covid is still a thing (no attribution because they don't want to shame the firms who are forcing people back and not mandating vaccines).  I really hope they use my quote about being frustrated with unvaccinated people making selfish choices.  It took all of my self control to phrase it as "making selfish choices" and not "being selfish assholes."

i bolded that part becuase it jumped out to me this a.m. while listening to the latest de santis droppings that it's hard for me to post comments anymore in here on 90% of well known gop leaders, or trumpsters or 'anti-vaxxers' in general, without stating thoughts in a manner that you should not do :)   

the kind of sentiments and expressions  that i think fit better with my much-used analogy of ramsay bolton than good ole friendly jumbo, helper of people (cough)

i miss the days when i could be a lovable flower child simply harmonizing with nature and groovin' on the vibes

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

i bolded that part becuase it jumped out to me this a.m. while listening to the latest de santis droppings that it's hard for me to post comments anymore in here on 90% of well known gop leaders, or trumpsters or 'anti-vaxxers' in general, without stating thoughts in a manner that you should not do :)   

I just let it fly and rely on good-ole Rule 6. :)

Type in your word and let the filters do their job 

• Like 4

Something is up with the MoCo dashboard data.

https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/data/#dashboard

Page 2.

Literally a day or two ago it said there were 6.x cases per 100k people 7 day average.

Today it says 57.58 cases per 100k people, but then if you highlight over the most recent day it shows total of 115 cases.  

I think they have changed the recent data to not be a rolling 7 day average but instead the total cases in the past 7 days. 

I don't know why they would change the graph representation so drastically like that.  At a quick glance, it looks like the numbers are WWWAAAAYYYY worse but if you divide that 57 number by 7, it's 8.x so it's really not THAT bad.  Sure it's worse than the 6.x I saw the other day but still not too bad at all.  

35 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Something is up with the MoCo dashboard data.

https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/data/#dashboard

From the top of the website: On August 5, 2021, the public-facing Montgomery County COVID-19 Dashboard methodology for monitoring COVID-19 related metrics was altered to align closer with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Guidance released on July 27, 2021. View the previous version of the Montgomery County COVID-19 Surveillance Dashboard.

My guess is there is a Big County Executive meeting tonight to vote on masks for the county. They want to make it look worse than it is to reinstate the masks.  

Edited by just654
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

This is basically like when republicans were against gay marriage, until they found out their son/daughter was gay

then they understood. 

people are just selfish. And it’s not even disguised. They broadcast it loudly. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2