Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

I haven't read this whole thread but I do have a question (coming from a vaccinated and boostered person who wears masks), if COVID is transmitted through the air and so contagious and lingers and all the stuff we hear, why are tests not breath based? I would think there'd be a test I could wave through the air say in my workplace or in front of my mouth to see if I'm breathing COVID particles? Am i way off? 

3 hours ago, Thinking Skins said:

I haven't read this whole thread but I do have a question (coming from a vaccinated and boostered person who wears masks), if COVID is transmitted through the air and so contagious and lingers and all the stuff we hear, why are tests not breath based? I would think there'd be a test I could wave through the air say in my workplace or in front of my mouth to see if I'm breathing COVID particles? Am i way off? 

If you are spit talking then your drops would have the virus in it same for coughing. If you just breath and no droplets then virus has nothing to attach to. That is what I read when covid broke out. 

Edited by zskins

Youngest kids (2.5 and 4) got their second mystery shots in a Pfizer expanded safety study on Monday. 2/3 chance vaccine and 1/3 placebo. My 5 year had a pretty notable reaction the day after, feeling tired/sore as is typical of the second dose. So we were pretty hopeful we’d know for sure if the younger ones got theirs. Result?

2.5 year old *definitely* got the vaccine. He felt like crap yesterday. 4 year old seemed totally fine, but was running a low grade 99-100 fever for most of the day. We can’t be positive about her, but thinking the fever means it’s more likely than not that she got the vaccine as well. So it’s possible we have all three of our kids fully vaccinated now! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Evil Genius said:

Another reason to get your booster. 

I’m curious what that means for folks (like my kids) who just got their second shot.  In other words, 3 shots >> 2 shots if second shot was done in April-June 21.  But is 3 shots that much better than 2 shots if the second shot was in December?

7 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

My wife still has swollen and painful lymphs from her Moderna booster.  She got it on Saturday.  It's so annoying she doesn't want another shot. 

Mine had the same for about a week. Annoying but worth it (according to her). 

Just like me. 

Edited by The Evil Genius

13 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

I’m curious what that means for folks (like my kids) who just got their second shot.  In other words, 3 shots >> 2 shots if second shot was done in April-June 21.  But is 3 shots that much better than 2 shots if the second shot was in December?

My limited understanding was that the 3rd shot efficacy was higher than what you had at any time for the 2nd shot. 

8 hours ago, Larry said:

Got my Moderna booster yesterday morning.  Had low grade fever last evening, ended about midnight.  

I'm all Pfizer.  It never even occured to me to take my temp, I run sub anyway, so I've really gotta feel like **** to take my temp.  I have a BP/HB wrist cuff, so I kept track of that and I stayed normal.   The vaccines themselves gave me more nausea and fatigue, the injection site hurt worse with the booster with about 1/3 of the other reactions. 

So Ron Johnson said, "Why not try mouthwash?" 

BECAUSE THERE'S A FREE VACCINE, YOU STUPID F-word.

I never cease to be amazed by their idiocy. 

(Ron White voice from here) :  And I use the most expensive mouthwash on the planet.  It works.  But it won't fix stupid. 

• Like 2

Illinois Rep. Pulls Bill Requiring Unvaccinated Residents to Pay For COVID Care, Says He Received Threats

An Illinois Democratic lawmaker who recently introduced legislation that would require individuals who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 to pay for their own medical expenses, including hospital bills, if they contract the virus has pulled the legislation, citing "unintended" division and threats he received as reasons behind the decision.

State Rep. Jonathon Carroll had filed HB 4259 on Monday in Springfield. The legislation would impact those residents who choose not to receive COVID-19 vaccines, and would require them to cover medical costs associated with contracting the virus, even if they have health insurance.

Carroll says that both he and members of his staff had received violent threats in the aftermath of the proposal.

"Violent threats made against me, my family and my staff are reprehensible," he said. "I hope we can return to a more positive discourse on public health, especially when it comes to this pandemic that has tired us all."

Click on the link for the full article

23 minutes ago, China said:

Illinois Rep. Pulls Bill Requiring Unvaccinated Residents to Pay For COVID Care, Says He Received Threats

An Illinois Democratic lawmaker who recently introduced legislation that would require individuals who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 to pay for their own medical expenses, including hospital bills, if they contract the virus has pulled the legislation, citing "unintended" division and threats he received as reasons behind the decision.

State Rep. Jonathon Carroll had filed HB 4259 on Monday in Springfield. The legislation would impact those residents who choose not to receive COVID-19 vaccines, and would require them to cover medical costs associated with contracting the virus, even if they have health insurance.

Carroll says that both he and members of his staff had received violent threats in the aftermath of the proposal.

"Violent threats made against me, my family and my staff are reprehensible," he said. "I hope we can return to a more positive discourse on public health, especially when it comes to this pandemic that has tired us all."

And he let the terrorists win.

• Thanks 1

Covid-19: Man receives up to 10 vaccines in one day

A man was vaccinated against Covid-19 up to 10 times in one day on behalf of other people, prompting an investigation by the Ministry of Health.

It is believed the man, who is understood to have visited several vaccination centres, was paid for the jabs.

In response to questions from Stuff, Astrid Koornneef, the Ministry of Health’s Covid-19 vaccine and immunisation programme group manager, said the ministry was “aware of the issue”.

Auckland University professor Nikki Turner, medical director of the Immunisation Advisory Centre, said there was no data on the safety of receiving that many vaccines in one day.

“The Comirnaty vaccine, the one we’re using, is designed based on early clinical data that works out what’s the right amount to give a good immune response and to give a good safety profile, and we do know that a high dose vaccine creates more side effects.

“So this is definitely not recommended … we have no evidence as to what side effects somebody would have with this amount of vaccine.

“This is not a safe thing to do, this is putting that person at risk.”