Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

4 hours ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Also, I know a couple of military people…… that won’t get the shot,

I was talking with a few people about the shot the other day (we’re all military) and Sailors that won’t get it.  I said even if I give you that the shot hasn’t been proven to be 100% safe, I still agree with them kicking out people that refuse.  If you joined the military and didn’t think there would ever be a chance your personal safety would be put at risk, you’re an idiot.  And if you aren’t willing to take the very slight risk that comes with taking a vaccine to help protect you fellow servicemembers, how am I supposed to trust that you will do what is needed when fighting a fire on the ship or rescuing your shipmates from a flooding berthing?  If you are that scared of the remote chance of physical harm, you don’t belong in the military.

26 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

No one could’ve predicted this.

Did Aaron Rodgers ever get punished?

• Like 6
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I was talking with a few people about the shot the other day (we’re all military) and Sailors that won’t get it.  I said even if I give you that the shot hasn’t been proven to be 100% safe, I still agree with them kicking out people that refuse.  If you joined the military and didn’t think there would ever be a chance your personal safety would be put at risk, you’re an idiot.  And if you aren’t willing to take the very slight risk that comes with taking a vaccine to help protect you fellow servicemembers, how am I supposed to trust that you will do what is needed when fighting a fire on the ship or rescuing your shipmates from a flooding berthing?  If you are that scared of the remote chance of physical harm, you don’t belong in the military.

I agree, my question was always “how man shots have you had?” I remember them coming home with pus filled skin and not remembering half of what they got. It doesn’t add up to me

The only reason why anyone in the NFL gets fined over Covid is because the fans find out and the NFL wants to save face and protect the shield. NFL knew Rodgers wasn’t vaxxed, they saw him on tv every week not following protocols for un vaxxed, yet they did nothing until it came to light that he was unvaxxed. 

really, other than being an all around asshole, the only thing Rodgers did was mislead the public.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Rodgers hadn't lied to the NFL.  The NFL knew he wasn't vaccinated.  It looks like the case of the Bucs players they used fake vaccination cards to "trick" the NFL into thinking they were vaccinated.

So if the team and NFL knew, then they just let him break all the rules and didn’t do anything about it?

13 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

So if the team and NFL knew, then they just let him break all the rules and didn’t do anything about it?

Because he's a star and certainly the Packers don't want to upset him (He at least claimed that the only rule he broke was wearing a mask in the press room, which I've heard that Kirk Cousins doesn't do either and he's openly not vaccinated.  He claimed that he thought that was unnecessary since all of the reporters were vaccinated and wearing a mask and he was being tested regularly (daily?) as he was unvaccinated.)

(Though, I think everybody knows that's a lie.  He didn't wear a mask because the reporters would have asked why a vaccinated player that isn't required to wear a mask was wearing a mask.)

I'm not sure how much the NFL actually knew.  Is anybody in the league office actually watching the running of these teams to make sure they are following the rules?

Edited by PeterMP
  • Thumb down 1

39 minutes ago, PeterMP said:

Rodgers hadn't lied to the NFL.  The NFL knew he wasn't vaccinated.  It looks like the case of the Bucs players they used fake vaccination cards to "trick" the NFL into thinking they were vaccinated.

20 minutes ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Possessing a fake vaccine card is a felony, full stop.  And then after the NFL determined the forgery, Brown doubled down.  So that’s bad.

I don’t know all the details on the Rodgers case, but it seems it wasn’t quite to that level.

Creating false vaccination record cards that look exactly like the ones authorized by the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is a federal crime, as is lying to federal agents, the indictment said.

Lying to a federal agent carries a five-year maximum prison sentence. Making a fraudulent government-issued vaccine card carries a maximum 15-year sentence. However, McDonald has no criminal record, and she is likely to get probation or only a light prison sentence if ultimately found guilty.

Doubt anyone is getting 15 years unless you making bulk fake cards

Edited by Cooked Crack

43 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Yea but Im a real lawyer, not a criminal lawyer. 

Also why id like you to cite to the law that says it’s a felony. 

18 USC 506 or 18 USC 1017... 

its under the sections for fraudulent use of Federal Seals. 

Not sure if it is considered a felony or misdemeaner...

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

18 USC 506 or 18 USC 1017... 

its under the sections for fraudulent use of Federal Seals. 

Not sure if it is considered a felony or misdemeaner...

Thanks, like i said, it was an honest question.

This assumes the fake cards use (most likely) the official seal of the CDC. 

Edit:  if they forged the CDC logo, it’s a felony. If they made a card that says “Im vaxxed!” but didnt use the seal, not a crime at all under this statute. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz

1 hour ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Thanks, like i said, it was an honest question.

This assumes the fake cards use (most likely) the official seal of the CDC. 

Edit:  if they forged the CDC logo, it’s a felony. If they made a card that says “Im vaxxed!” but didnt use the seal, not a crime at all under this statute. 

They could create a logo of a ficticious US agency... Centers for Controlling Disease (CCD).  People could also skirt this law by forging vax cards of other governments, but they may run afoul of those countries laws. 

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I'm seeing different stuff online pertaining to which booster one should get.

Both my wife and I are fully vaccinated with Moderna, at the end of April.  We are now eligible for boosters.  I've read that we should get Pfizer, I've also read we should get Moderna again. 

What say you, ES?

I recommend you talk to your doctor.

• Like 2

Doc here.  There is conflicting and unclear marginal evidence both ways regarding whether there is benefit or not to switch between moderna/pfizer.  If there is any benefit at all, it is very small.  I would strongly encourage getting whatever booster is available and not worrying about it.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1