Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

5 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

Hi all - 

For those of you that recently got the booster, where are you finding it?  I'm in Howard County Maryland and I can't find any appointments sooner than a couple weeks out.  I'm reticent to pick something that far out.  I'm in sales and have a pretty crazy schedule right now.  I have a few new jobs starting up out of town and will more than likely be out of town a bunch over the next few weeks.  I won't know for sure when until a day or two before.  I've checked local pharmacies, grocery stores and the local health department.  The earliest I've found is 2nd week in December.

I'm a Pfizer guy sitting at about 7 months past dose #2.  

From all the stuff in the news and social media - you'd think you could find something within 48 hours and within 20 miles - but that's not what I'm finding.

Thanks,

GV

I just checked CVS in Ellicott City for Pfizer booster. You can get an appointment tonight 7:15,8, and 9pm 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Grumpy Vet said:

Hi all - 

For those of you that recently got the booster, where are you finding it?  I'm in Howard County Maryland and I can't find any appointments sooner than a couple weeks out.  I'm reticent to pick something that far out.  I'm in sales and have a pretty crazy schedule right now.  I have a few new jobs starting up out of town and will more than likely be out of town a bunch over the next few weeks.  I won't know for sure when until a day or two before.  I've checked local pharmacies, grocery stores and the local health department.  The earliest I've found is 2nd week in December.

I'm a Pfizer guy sitting at about 7 months past dose #2.  

From all the stuff in the news and social media - you'd think you could find something within 48 hours and within 20 miles - but that's not what I'm finding.

Thanks,

GV

If you can make it to Montgomery County, there are county run vaccination sites that are doing walk up appointments. I know the Silver Spring Civic Center barely has any wait.

https://mcgvaccineprod.powerappsportals.us/en-US/covid-vaccine-scheduling/

Edited by No Excuses
  • Like 1

Thanks guys - I appreciate the response.  I'd love it if places had a walk up - but I can't seem to find anything like that.  That would be ideal.  I called a couple local pharmacies and they were all by appointment only.

I'll double check the CVS or enlist my 14 year old to navigate the interwebs to see if she can find something.  I can't do tonight as I'm out of town - but maybe I can find something for early next week.  It was one of my daughter's friends that got us our first shots down at Regency Stadium in Waldorf when it was like the Hunger Games to get a shot.

If I can't get anything - I'll see about a walk up in Montgomery County next week in my travels and give that a shot.  I'm surprised Howard County doesn't have anything like that (or maybe they do and I'm just bad at Internetting).  

Thanks again for your time and input.

GV

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grumpy Vet said:

I'm surprised Howard County doesn't have anything like that (or maybe they do and I'm just bad at Internetting).  

GV

Here is the sites from Howard County govt. some sites require appts others do not. I did not check how open the appts are.

https://www.howardcountymd.gov/health/covid-19-vaccine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Punishing those on the other side of the fence is punitive.  

Or it's consistency. Restoring a sense of integrity. That the things you say are actually true. 

And I could see a benefit of granting clemency. IF you're in a position to be generous. If we were at 90% vaccinated, sure, be generous. But we're not there. 

• Like 1

On 11/22/2021 at 11:07 AM, Renegade7 said:

Anyone get sick from the moderna booster like they did from the second shot?  Wife and I are leaning towards waiting for our jobs to require a booster, 2nd shot absolutely kicked our asses.

I'm not sure if you have gotten your booster yet, but thought I would chime in. My wife got Moderna with the first two shots. She got really sick after the second. I mean, so sick that I had to feed her breakfast the next morning. This time she got the Pfizer booster. It was like I said a couple of posts above yours. Headache, stomach ache, and her lymph node in her shot arm hurt. We got it Friday night, but by Monday morning she was all better. This shot did not knock her out like last time. Last time, she was bed ridden for a couple of days. This time, she was not bed ridden, but just didn't feel the best.

Overall, it was a huge improvement.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Grumpy Vet said:

Thanks guys - I appreciate the response.  I'd love it if places had a walk up - but I can't seem to find anything like that.  That would be ideal.  I called a couple local pharmacies and they were all by appointment only.

I'll double check the CVS or enlist my 14 year old to navigate the interwebs to see if she can find something.  I can't do tonight as I'm out of town - but maybe I can find something for early next week.  It was one of my daughter's friends that got us our first shots down at Regency Stadium in Waldorf when it was like the Hunger Games to get a shot.

If I can't get anything - I'll see about a walk up in Montgomery County next week in my travels and give that a shot.  I'm surprised Howard County doesn't have anything like that (or maybe they do and I'm just bad at Internetting).  

GV

Pharmacies going to be appointment only since demand is so great. If folks where doing walk-ins they'd never be able to do any other aspects of their jobs. Looking at the Howard county website there's one in the 30th in Ellicott City that's walk up.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Did any of you guys get the booster and the flu shot at the same time? That's what I'm doing this Friday. I know its fine to get them both simultaneously, just wondering if there were more extreme next day side effects.

I got the flu shot 2 weeks prior, but nothing bad at all. I know that doesn't meet your criteria. I just don't want people to worry about getting the booster. My wife got the flu shot and booster at the same time as I and you can read our reactions over the last two pages.

34 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Did any of you guys get the booster and the flu shot at the same time? That's what I'm doing this Friday. I know its fine to get them both simultaneously, just wondering if there were more extreme next day side effects.

Nope, the only thing that sucked is I got the booster in one arm and flu shot in the other

Arizona AG Asks Reporter If They Have STD Rather Than Answer If He Has Gotten COVID Vaccine

Arizona Attorney General Mark Brnovich asked a reporter if they had an STD rather than answer if he has received the COVID vaccine at a news conference with leaders of Phoenix police and firefighter unions.

A reporter asked Brnovich, a Republican who is running for U.S. Senate, the question when his press secretary called the question "inappropriate." Brnovich then waved her off and asked the reporter, "Have you had an STD?"

"The question should be, once you allow or cede this authority to the federal government, where does it stop?" Brnovich added.

The news conference was held to talk about the opposition from Brnovich and Phoenix police and firefighter unions to President Joe Biden's federal vaccine mandate. The unions recently joined a lawsuit filed by Brnovich to nullify the vaccine mandate after Phoenix's city manager required all employees to be vaccinated by Jan. 18 in order to obey the mandate, The Associated Press reported.

Click on the link for the full article

--------------

Meanwhile...

Biden seeks to revive workplace vaccine mandate

The Biden administration on Tuesday asked a federal court to reinstate a workplace vaccine mandate that was put on hold earlier in November, as officials seek to boost vaccination numbers heading into the winter months.

In court papers filed overnight, the administration urged a Cincinnati-based federal appeals court to lift a court order blocking the public health rule, which requires larger businesses to have employees receive the COVID-19 vaccine or undergo regular testing and mask-wearing.

“Delaying this standard would endanger many thousands of people and would likely cost many lives per day,” government lawyers argued. “With the reopening of workplaces and the emergence of the highly transmissible Delta variant, the threat to workers is ongoing and overwhelming.”

The move comes amid an uptick of COVID-19 cases nationwide as the U.S. heads into its second holiday season during the pandemic, with many families that may have skipped gatherings last year now planning to gather this Thanksgiving.

The Tuesday filing is the most significant legal move the administration has made since the vaccine mandate case was moved earlier this month to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit, where numerous legal challenges have been combined into a single lawsuit.

Click on the link for the full article

5 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

I did - no arm pain, but felt like I got hit by a train going half speed for half the day as compared to a full day/full speed with the 2nd shot. It wasn't too bad this time, just drink plenty of water and get a nap in at some point; you'll feel fine.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

12 Hour Post-Booster Update (Pfizer, 7 months after initial series)

Injection site soreness, but much less than 1 or 2
No arm soreness, which I had for first 2

Fell asleep early, but busy day - so unable to tell if vaccine related or not. 

A little tired this morning, but nothing major. 

we chose to delay flu for 2 weeks as we typically feel cruddy after that, and didn’t want to have a double whammy. 

main reason for booster was we travel to Florida in about 3 weeks for me to walk across stage for my MBA graduation….and Florida. 

Edited by thegreaterbuzzette
Typo
  • Like 6
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I got my booster last Tuesday. Didn’t have any symptoms from the first two shots.

I felt tired around noon the day after. I left work early and proceeded to lift and run for 2 hours. While I wasn’t feeling well, I had a great workout. Around 8 and 9 pm started feeling much worse with a headache and fever. I woke up the next day tired but much better. 

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

People are going to start hearing about the Nu variant soon and the usual media outlets are already starting their desperate fear hyping for clicks routine. Below are the important reminders - until we have actually done pseudo and more importantly, LIVE virus studies nobody knows how this will impact the antibody and cellular immunity produced by the vaccines and infections of different strains.

This is not a Delta sublineage.

Happy belated Thanksgiving.  My sister yesterday mentioned that Giant Food had a bunch of appointments available and she was getting her booster today.  I don't normally shop at Giant (I'm a HT and Safeway guy).  We pulled it up on a phone and blammo - appointments available for tomorrow.  CVS, Walgreens, Safeway, Harris Teeter and all the other ones I checked were over a week out on appointments.  

Yay Giant.  Going booster and flu - fingers crossed it doesn't put me on my butt.

Yours in hating Dallas, 

GV

• Like 3