Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

4 hours ago, purbeast said:

Interesting.  I had heard stuff all over the board from word of mouth but everyone here seems to kind of have the same experience.

I was a weird one... My first shot of Pfizer put we out for a day with chills, body aches, and fever.

I was afraid of the second dose because it's usually worse, but both the second and booster had no effect at all, except perhaps a tiny bit of soreness at the site.

My wife on the other hand, had nothing for the first shot, and terrible arm soreness and fatigue for the second and booster. The booster was actually the worst for her, and I didn't even notice it.

Took the son. What a disaster. He’s super anxious/terrified of shots (and the covid test, and ever since he had the test he thinks every doctors visit will be another thing up his nose.) the site was 30 minutes away. After trying to coax him into it for over an hour and a half the wife called me out to help. 

he basically passed out while getting the shot :(

he’s perfectly fine and happy now and proud he got his shot. He was super excited for the picture with the sign. 

But geez that was an ordeal. I had to hold him which I guess is a good think since he basically passed out…

• Like 3

3 hours ago, tshile said:

Took the son. What a disaster. He’s super anxious/terrified of shots (and the covid test, and ever since he had the test he thinks every doctors visit will be another thing up his nose.) the site was 30 minutes away. After trying to coax him into it for over an hour and a half the wife called me out to help. 

he basically passed out while getting the shot :(

he’s perfectly fine and happy now and proud he got his shot. He was super excited for the picture with the sign. 

But geez that was an ordeal. I had to hold him which I guess is a good think since he basically passed out…

Oof. Mine are apprehensive, but they're old enough that we're able to explain that this is the key to them being able to have birthday parties and such.

We'll see how it goes day of, they have it first thing Monday morning at school.

9 minutes ago, dfitzo53 said:

Oof

Mines now running around showing off his bandaid. 

mine has some issues, combined with two terrible experiences getting covid tests, that caused our problem. 

it’s weird because in the moment it felt like I was forcing something against his will. Which at 6 is weird because on the one hand what is a 6 year olds will when it comes to a global pandemic? On the other you’re a person and he’s a person and there’s respect for ones personhood that comes into play… 

but after over a week of talking to him about it and having two of his doctors talk to him about it, he was stoked to get his shot last night. But yeah, come moment of truth all those big emotions and feelings took over. Since about 5 minutes after he’s been nothing but proud :)

im so proud of him. It’s rare you get to see someone’s go through such an ordeal and come out so positive. You would have thought we were trying to cut off his arm. Poor kid just has so much going on and a 6 year olds brain to navigate it. 

good luck. Such a tricky time we live in. 

Edited by tshile
  • Like 4

On 11/12/2021 at 2:19 PM, mistertim said:

I've thought about getting the booster but I'm literally only 6 months in today (Pfizer) so I'm guessing it's not necessary at the moment.

My friend was in month 7 of being fully vaccinated, no booster and got covid and was sick, had to get the monoclonial anti-body ****tail treatment.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro
  • Sad 2

@tshile ,

Used to take my mom regularly to Disney, to a restaurant called Chef Mickey's. Pre-Covid, the Disney characters would come to your table while you ate, for photos and hugs. 

And almost every time, there would be at least one kid who was just the image of joy at seeing the magical characters. Until the character was three feet away. Then they were terrified. 

And there's not a thing that can be done about it. 

Used to feel terrible for the families. I figure they've spent $10,000 to get the parents and grandparents and the cousins and all. There's 12 people at the table, all here so they can be there when Anna meets Mickey for the first time. And the kid is in tears with her face in Mommy's chest. 

Edited by Larry
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/13/2021 at 6:08 PM, Larry said:

@tshile ,

Used to take my mom regularly to Disney, to a restaurant called Chef Mickey's. Pre-Covid, the Disney characters would come to your table while you ate, for photos and hugs. 

And almost every time, there would be at least one kid who was just the image of joy at seeing the magical characters. Until the character was three feet away. Then they were terrified. 

And there's not a thing that can be done about it. 

Used to feel terrible for the families. I figure they've spent $10,000 to get the parents and grandparents and the cousins and all. There's 12 people at the table, all here so they can be there when Anna meets Mickey for the first time. And the kid is in tears with her face in Mommy's chest. 

11 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

A friend of mine used to do parties, being Barney or a clown, whatever...she said more kids cried than were happy.   

It was just a money gig, but she gave up.  She didn't like the kids getting upset. 

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

On 11/13/2021 at 1:04 PM, TryTheBeal! said:

That’s cute.

These Karens who talk about how we're living in a fascist country because of vaccine and mask mandates and how their persecution for not wanting to get vaccinated is akin to the Jews during the holocaust should be relocated to a country like North Korea for a month or two. Just long enough for them to get a taste of what an actual totalitarian country is like to live in. Give these assholes a bit of perspective. I'm guessing after a couple months in NK they'd kiss the ground as soon as they got back onto US soil.

• Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, mistertim said:

These Karens who talk about how we're living in a fascist country because of vaccine and mask mandates and how their persecution for not wanting to get vaccinated is akin to the Jews during the holocaust should be relocated to a country like North Korea for a month or two. Just long enough for them to get a taste of what an actual totalitarian country is like to live in. Give these assholes a bit of perspective. I'm guessing after a couple months in NK they'd kiss the ground as soon as they got back onto US soil.

I had moment this morning reading this where I fantasized about giving these people exactly what it is they seem to think they are getting, just for a few weeks, and then sending them back on their way with a new outlook on life. 

I was ashamed to say it at first but ya know. We all have our kinks I guess. 

Edited by Llevron