Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

Got the booster. Only side effect for me was a sore arm for 24 hours. Wife got really sick after her second dose, but it was Moderna. She got the Pfizer booster and has had much milder symptoms. She’s had a headache, her lymph node under her shot arm is sore and some tummy aching, but overall way better than what she experienced last time.

We’re happy.it was simple.just made an appointment atCVS and 5 hours later we got it. Could have gotten it even quicker, just couldn’t make it their any quicker.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GhostofSparta said:

Just so I'm clear, this dude thinks that a man-made vaccine is able to fool an all-knowing God; who, in theory, would have known about this vaccine since before time and therefore would have had to factor it into His ultimate plan? And that said all-powerful God would not be able to prevent some pitiful vaccine from completely ****ing up His eternal plans?

Well, this is the same God who the liberals have banned from our classrooms. 

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone get sick from the moderna booster like they did from the second shot?  Wife and I are leaning towards waiting for our jobs to require a booster, 2nd shot absolutely kicked our asses.

The Moderna booster is 1/2 the dose. I was just tired for about 24 hours. Not sick, just felt like I could sleep the day away. Arm didnt really even hurt. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Renegade7 said:

Anyone get sick from the moderna booster like they did from the second shot?  Wife and I are leaning towards waiting for our jobs to require a booster, 2nd shot absolutely kicked our asses.

2nd dose knocked me out for the next day. Got the booster 2 weeks ago, and felt fine most of the next day, just got a little worn down about 24 hours after getting the dose (around 4pm). Not nearly as bad as the second dose. Actually took the dogs to the dog park for a couple hours before I started to feel tired, but I’m also an old fart.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Long n Left said:

2nd dose knocked me out for the next day. Got the booster 2 weeks ago, and felt fine most of the next day, just got a little worn down about 24 hours after getting the dose (around 4pm). Not nearly as bad as the second dose. Actually took the dogs to the dog park for a couple hours before I started to feel tired, but I’m also an old fart.

My booster was about the same, my arm hurt like hell for a good 24, and I got just a little fatigued/tummy upset...totally worth it. 

• Like 2

White House: About 95 percent of federal workers have complied with vaccine mandate

Around 95 percent of the 3.5 million federal employees covered by President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandate for government workers have complied with the requirement ahead of its Monday deadline, according to the White House.

The Biden administration said it considers any federal worker who is in the process of getting vaccinated or requesting an exemption as "in compliance" with the mandate, according to a senior administration official, despite its requirement that federal workers be fully vaccinated by Nov. 22.

More than 90 percent of federal employees “have had at least one shot, with the vast majority of those employees being fully vaccinated,” the official said. And 95 percent have received at least their first vaccination dose or have "a pending or approved exception or extension request."

Federal workers had to receive their last dose of the vaccine no later than Nov. 8 to meet the deadline Monday, according to guidance from the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force.

Data on how many federal workers are fully vaccinated — which the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention defines as two weeks after a second dose of Pfizer or Moderna or a single dose of Johnson and Johnson — will not be available until a later date, a senior administration official said.

Click on the link for the full article

I honestly think now that they have pushed the mandate this far on Feds, they should grant every exemption request. 

Anyone at this point who is not vaccinated and willing to be fired, there's little that can be done to convince them (right, wrong, indifferent).  Firing people shouldn't be the end goal to this means. 

I think Biden would gain a ton of political will if he stopped putting a target on the unvaxed 20%.  I know this is not a popular take, but there is a legitimate "public health/responsibility" vs. "individual choice" balance.  

7 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I honestly think now that they have pushed the mandate this far on Feds, they should grant every exemption request.

From what I understand the majority of people not getting the vaccine are retirement age / eligible. I believe the have until the end of the year to file the paperwork, though it's probably dependent on the agency and how fast they are processing the exemptions.

IMO they need to ride out to the mandate till the end. Several people in my age group (35-45) are waiting for some of the older folks that refuse the mandate to be counseled out of the workforce and open up the higher grades. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Anyone at this point who is not vaccinated and willing to be fired, there's little that can be done to convince them (right, wrong, indifferent).  Firing people shouldn't be the end goal to this means. 

I think Biden would gain a ton of political will if he stopped putting a target on the unvaxed 20%.  I know this is not a popular take, but there is a legitimate "public health/responsibility" vs. "individual choice" balance.  

I'd disagree, you'll just teach the morlocks that they can hunker down and refuse anything if they hold out long enough.

• Like 5

Counterpoint:  The vaccine mandates had been advertised as a public health method to gain more uptake and push people who were on the fence to get the vaccine. At this point, there's no longer fence sitters.  Punishing those on the other side of the fence is punitive.  

55 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

Counterpoint:  The vaccine mandates had been advertised as a public health method to gain more uptake and push people who were on the fence to get the vaccine. At this point, there's no longer fence sitters.  Punishing those on the other side of the fence is punitive.  

It doesn't stop being a public health issue just because a subset of people don't want to participate, it just highlights the necessity. Also, of course it would be punitive to not follow a mandate. That's the idea of a mandate. 

Hi all - 

For those of you that recently got the booster, where are you finding it?  I'm in Howard County Maryland and I can't find any appointments sooner than a couple weeks out.  I'm reticent to pick something that far out.  I'm in sales and have a pretty crazy schedule right now.  I have a few new jobs starting up out of town and will more than likely be out of town a bunch over the next few weeks.  I won't know for sure when until a day or two before.  I've checked local pharmacies, grocery stores and the local health department.  The earliest I've found is 2nd week in December.

I'm a Pfizer guy sitting at about 7 months past dose #2.  

From all the stuff in the news and social media - you'd think you could find something within 48 hours and within 20 miles - but that's not what I'm finding.

Thanks,

GV