Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

33 minutes ago, Llevron said:

I had moment this morning reading this where I fantasized about giving these people exactly what it is they seem to think they are getting, just for a few weeks, and then sending them back on their way with a new outlook on life. 

I was ashamed to say it at first but ya know. We all have our kinks I guess. 

Oh it was that kind of fantasy, eh?

Don't worry, I'm not a kink shamer.

• Haha 1

On 11/13/2021 at 2:10 PM, tshile said:

Took the son. What a disaster. He’s super anxious/terrified of shots (and the covid test, and ever since he had the test he thinks every doctors visit will be another thing up his nose.) the site was 30 minutes away. After trying to coax him into it for over an hour and a half the wife called me out to help. 

he basically passed out while getting the shot :(

he’s perfectly fine and happy now and proud he got his shot. He was super excited for the picture with the sign. 

But geez that was an ordeal. I had to hold him which I guess is a good think since he basically passed out…

My daughter is also terrified of shots.  We just scheduled her booster for immediately after a dentist appointment where they are going to laughing gas her.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 5
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, mistertim said:

These Karens who talk about how we're living in a fascist country because of vaccine and mask mandates and how their persecution for not wanting to get vaccinated is akin to the Jews during the holocaust should be relocated to a country like North Korea for a month or two. Just long enough for them to get a taste of what an actual totalitarian country is like to live in. Give these assholes a bit of perspective. I'm guessing after a couple months in NK they'd kiss the ground as soon as they got back onto US soil.

Oh, one of my problems with their Karen-hood is that they're perfectly fine with living in a Nazi country.  As long as they get to be the Nazis.  

In fact, their constant claiming of victim-hood is a part of their plan, to try to justify enacting it.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 4

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine.  Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies. 

Then, she recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

In reality, in addition to being potentially harmful as a skin and eye irritant, a borax “detox bath” will not remove the effects of the Covid vaccine from your body.

The video is one of several methods anti-vaccine influencers and communities on social media have in recent weeks suggested to their many followers who have capitulated and received the Covid shot. Anti-vaccine message boards are now littered with users caving to societal pressure or work mandates and receiving a coronavirus  vaccination. 

“Once you’re injected, the  lifesaving vaccination process has already begun. You can’t unring a bell. It’s just not physically possible,” said Angela Rasmussen, a virologist and adjunct professor at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada.

Detox remedies and regimens have been staples of the anti-vaccine movement for years. Long before Covid, anti-vaccine influencers and alternative health entrepreneurs promoted unproven and sometimes dangerous treatments they claimed would rid children of the alleged toxins that lingered after routine childhood immunizations. 

Click on the link for the full article

3 hours ago, China said:

Covid vaccine holdouts are caving to mandates — then scrambling to 'undo' their shots

In a TikTok video that has garnered hundreds of thousands of views, Dr. Carrie Madej outlined the ingredients for a bath she said will “detox the vaxx” for people who have given into Covid-19 vaccine mandates.

The ingredients in the bath are mostly not harmful, although the supposed benefits attached to them are entirely fictional. Baking soda and epsom salts, she falsely claims, will provide a “radiation detox” to remove radiation Madej falsely believes is activated by the vaccine.  Bentonite clay will add a “major pull of poison,” she says, based on a mistaken idea in anti-vaccine communities that toxins can be removed from the body with certain therapies. 

Then, she recommends adding in one cup of borax, a cleaning agent that’s been banned as a food additive by the Food and Drug Administration, to “take nanotechnologies out of you.”

In reality, in addition to being potentially harmful as a skin and eye irritant, a borax “detox bath” will not remove the effects of the Covid vaccine from your body.

The video is one of several methods anti-vaccine influencers and communities on social media have in recent weeks suggested to their many followers who have capitulated and received the Covid shot. Anti-vaccine message boards are now littered with users caving to societal pressure or work mandates and receiving a coronavirus  vaccination. 

“Once you’re injected, the  lifesaving vaccination process has already begun. You can’t unring a bell. It’s just not physically possible,” said Angela Rasmussen, a virologist and adjunct professor at the University of Saskatchewan in Canada.

Detox remedies and regimens have been staples of the anti-vaccine movement for years. Long before Covid, anti-vaccine influencers and alternative health entrepreneurs promoted unproven and sometimes dangerous treatments they claimed would rid children of the alleged toxins that lingered after routine childhood immunizations. 

I’m not even mad at that grift.  I’m actually impressed.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

Reminder as the holidays come up, leverage rapid tests to keep friends and family safe vs. standing in line for PCR results that come back at a pointless time (24-28 hours in the age of Delta means nothing)

from where? If i go to Kaiser, i can get my rapid results within 8-10 hours

5 hours ago, China said:

I hear dropping a hair dryer in the bathtub will reset the tracking chips, too. 

• Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, skinfan2k said:

from where? If i go to Kaiser, i can get my rapid results within 8-10 hours

I don't think they offer rapid antigen unfortunately. Also their website says rapid tests should only be used for people with symptoms. This is completely false - rapid tests aren't positive on symptoms, it is simply about viral load - if you have no symptoms with a high viral load, it will go positive and you can transmit to others. The fact that almost two years into this, we have major healthcare providers still presenting bad information is an embarrassment.

I live in NYC, one of the folks on our health committee just yet again said "PCR is gold standard for accuracy", which is not correct.

I might look into mobile testing trucks in your area, or you can pick some up at CVS, Walgreens - typically BinaxNOW, which is 97% accurate at detecting contagious-level infections.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, China said:

I hope someone trolls the MAGAs into believing that they need daily colonics for 6 months straight in order to counteract the COVID vaccines.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

I don't think they offer rapid antigen unfortunately. Also their website says rapid tests should only be used for people with symptoms. This is completely false - rapid tests aren't positive on symptoms, it is simply about viral load - if you have no symptoms with a high viral load, it will go positive and you can transmit to others. The fact that almost two years into this, we have major healthcare providers still presenting bad information is an embarrassment.

I live in NYC, one of the folks on our health committee just yet again said "PCR is gold standard for accuracy", which is not correct.

I might look into mobile testing trucks in your area, or you can pick some up at CVS, Walgreens - typically BinaxNOW, which is 97% accurate at detecting contagious-level infections.

You can got the drive through at Walgreens or CVS here in Atlanta and get results of the rapid antigen test within hours. You just have to make a appointment which is wide open, at least here. Also, our local Urgent Care will turn around PCR tests within hours if needed. If needed, you can also get a faster response if you pay for it. I had to have mine expedited for international flights and used a service called Sameday service. 

• Like 1

^^No shock to me. A woman friend of my wife is a cardiac nurse with an MS in nursing. She told us last night she's not getting the booster - and I quote "I probably already had Covid from working in the hospital. I don't see the point in getting the booster". It was on the tip of my tongue to say, "When did we stop listening to recommendations from the CDC?" Then I caught the stink eye from my wife & I bit my tongue. 

• Like 1

Starting in January, Disney Cruises requires passengers 5 and up to be fully vaccinated.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/why-cruise-disney/experience-updates/us/

Wondering which parts of the private sector could move the needle most in requiring their customers to be vaccinated in order to protect employees?

Supermarket chains?

Strip clubs?

Medical providers? If not vaccinated you will be treated outside in all weathers in the parking lot next to the dumpsters.

Edited by Corcaigh

21 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

^^No shock to me. A woman friend of my wife is a cardiac nurse with an MS in nursing. She told us last night she's not getting the booster - and I quote "I probably already had Covid from working in the hospital. I don't see the point in getting the booster". It was on the tip of my tongue to say, "When did we stop listening to recommendations from the CDC?" Then I caught the stink eye from my wife & I bit my tongue. 

It’s reasonable for a customer to think that the medical provider is taking appropriate health measures, such as sterilizing equipment, washing hands etc.

A good pressure campaign would be to have as many customers as possible of healthcare providers ask if all the staff are fully vaccinated and if not, take their business elsewhere.

I have seen this starting to happen, but would be nice if it was more widespread.

Years ago in Ireland there was an incredibly effective anti-smoking campaign that encouraged non-smokers to not tolerate anyone smoking in their presence. It had Larry Harman at the peak of the Dallas TV show popularity saying.

”Don’t be polite about your health!”

• Like 3