Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Vaccine Thread

Cooked Crack

The "religious exemption" thing still drives me nuts. If a person is a hardcore xtian who believes in a literal interpretation of the bible and they want a religious exemption, they should be forced to find a passage where god tells people it's a sin to cover their face.

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

There are billions of rapid tests already in existence, we just don't have access to them, because of decisions by the FDA to incorrectly assess them for authorization. And we would have time to scale this up if we hadn't waited until Omicron was 73% of cases in America and rising. 

I may have misunderstood you. I thought you were only griping about the turn around of such a large volume.

Honest question, because I simply don't know, are those billions specifically for Omicron? For this current batch of 500 mill, were they waiting on more data from Omicron to make them more accurate?

This should go over like a lead balloon:

Implanted microchip could be used to verify COVID-19 vax status

STOCKHOLM, Sweden (TND) — Microchip technology invented by Swedish startup company "Epicenter" is now being presented as a possible way to carry around a COVID-19 vaccine passport under a person's skin, according to a viral video.

082b585d-750f-4615-9464-74ed4afaf709-lar

Click on link for the full article

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, Metalhead said:

I may have misunderstood you. I thought you were only griping about the turn around of such a large volume.

Honest question, because I simply don't know, are those billions specifically for Omicron? For this current batch of 500 mill, were they waiting on more data from Omicron to make them more accurate?

The existing rapid tests from major manufacturers work for Omicron - there are two mutations in the N protein that won't impact detection thankfully.

In the past week, Kamala Harris told a podcast we didn't see Delta and Omicron coming, and Joe Biden scoffed at a reporter for just now getting rapid tests to Americans free saying we didn't know Omicron would spread this fast.

This administration has been fully incompetent in response, maybe just a smidge better than Trump if we're being honest. Those quotes are embarrassing - we were warned of variants in early 2020, and scientists sounded off on the incredible contagiousness of Delta and Omicron weeks before they became dominant in America - yet nothing was done. We're always a step behind when we don't need to be.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sticksboi05 said:

This administration has been fully incompetent in response, maybe just a smidge better than Trump if we're being honest. Those quotes are embarrassing - we were warned of variants in early 2020, and scientists sounded off on the incredible contagiousness of Delta and Omicron weeks before they became dominant in America - yet nothing was done. We're always a step behind when we don't need to be.

Omicron became the dominant variant here in like two weeks. I'm not sure what else this administration can do. Especially considering a good third of this country refuses to get vaccinated. Handing out free test kits isn't going to solve a damn thing. Testing has been free at pharmacies for almost two years and hasn't stopped folks from spreading covid. 

23 minutes ago, clietas said:

Omicron became the dominant variant here in like two weeks. I'm not sure what else this administration can do. Especially considering a good third of this country refuses to get vaccinated. Handing out free test kits isn't going to solve a damn thing. Testing has been free at pharmacies for almost two years and hasn't stopped folks from spreading covid. 

Easy access to at-home testing absolutely would make a difference. Meet people where they are - getting tests occasionally at pharmacies that give you results in 48-72 hours will never put any dent in transmission. Being able to test several times a week whenever you feel, is much more effective. The UK, India, Germany etc. all provide free or $1 rapid tests whenever you want and we are still expecting people to stand in line for hours and wait for useless results in days whenever there's a big wave. It's actually sad.

We should have prioritized access to testing as soon as Biden took office. At the very least Delta should have been the wave that made us like you know what, we don't have enough testing. Nope, had to wait for an even more contagious variant.

• Like 2

Free PCR tests at pharmacies with results back in less than 24 hours. That's been a thing for awhile now but rapid tests will help curb the spread. 🙄

I've had three pcr tests. All free. No waiting. Had the results in less than 24 hours. I'm not seeing how more testing is the answer.

Get vaccinated and boosted. Bidens administration has been clear about that since the beginning. To compare his administration's response to Trumps is absurd. 

Edited by clietas
  • Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Sticksboi05 said:

This administration has been fully incompetent in response, maybe just a smidge better than Trump if we're being honest

I object to the idea that it’s just a smidge better. The vaccine rollout under trump was a ****ing disaster, we had lots of vaccines sitting around with the manufacture telling reporters they’re waiting for the government to tel them were to send them. I realize the rollout happened after the election but it took a bit into Biden’s administration for al of that to be fixed. And there’s tons of articles on it, produced in real time, explaining all this. 

trump also publicly mocked basic, proven mitigation advice. He pushed alternative ideas - including dumb **** ones like drinking bleach and injecting light. 

biden isn’t just a smidge better. He’s in a completely different league than trump. 

but that’s quite a low bar to clear. 

i, too, am very disappointed with the administration. I half wondered if Harris said that just to hurt the administration because her time as VP has don’t nothing but damage her reputation and (I think) torpedo any chance of being the head of the ticket 2024. I think she knows that. And I thought she was being vindictive. 

Then Biden said the same thing. So, obviously I was wrong, they literally didn’t see it coming. 

which is dumb cause I saw it coming simply based on cdc data my wife receives. 

i actually think they’re lying. I think they were told. And this is just a lie to excuse the situation. I’m having a hard time believing my wife knew how bad it was, but the president didn’t. He either isn’t taking meetings, isn’t paying attention in meetings, or is lying. Because the information was known. 

im not a Biden fan. I voted for him. I liked him more after watching his campaign than before - but I’m far from a fan. I think he’s had multiple blunders - from sticking to this bull**** and impossible compromise standard he’s set, to how he’s dealt with machine, and now this. 

and while I may have given him a pass for how ****ty Afghanistan withdrawal was, at the time, over time its looking more and more like one incompetent ****up that fits nicely right alongside all the other incompetent ****ups. 

this administration will go down as a miserable failure. Part of that will be because of the GOP’s refusal to govern if they can’t get their exact way every time; part of it will be on manchin and sinema. But another part will be the incompetence of the administration, which spans multiple topics/issues. 

30 minutes ago, clietas said:

Free PCR tests at pharmacies with results back in less than 24 hours. That's been a thing for awhile now but rapid tests will help curb the spread. 🙄

I've had three pcr tests. All free. No waiting. Had the results in less than 24 hours. I'm not seeing how more testing is the answer.

Get vaccinated and boosted. Bidens administration has been clear about that since the beginning. To compare his administration's response to Trumps is absurd. 

This is great to hear but it has unfortunately not been that way in huge parts of the country - it is very common to get 48 hour+ results, primarily when we enter huge waves and demand spikes - when tests results are needed the most in a fast manner. The vaccines are great but as the WHO has said repeatedly they will not end the pandemic by themselves. They are great for stopping severe disease, decent at best stopping transmission and that becomes even harder with Omicron - this is not a knock on them, you can only do so much with a respiratory virus in terms of transmission.

Obviously we are in agreement the Trump response was terrible. Whether I say smidge or "mildly" better, my point is I was expecting us to not still be a step behind at every turn. Biden did improve the vaccine rollout but we need more tests to cut off transmission chains, we need to seriously increase production of GSK/Vir's antibody drug as it's the only one that works against Omicron, and we need to ramp up production of Pfizer's antiviral - as of now the supply of both is minimal. Maybe more will come out on plans for that this week but if not, again, let's be ahead of the virus.

24 hours doesn't seem that long but this virus, and especially in the age of Omicron, is really hard to keep up with waiting that long. You can go from little virus in your body to superspreader levels in less than a day, which is why events with a "negative test within 1-2 days" is not going to do enough to prevent outbreaks. Ideally you'd have to test literally right before entering an event.

• Like 2

Finally got my Moderna booster.

Nurse was smokin' hot.  No ring, late 30's early 40's.  Figured what the hell and went with the first line I could think of that was Covid related : "ya know...Nicki Minaj says someone should keep an eye on my testicles for swelling later".

Admittedly not good.  Was going for the absurd laugh, reached, and overshot.  In my defense I only had a few seconds to stick the landing and its been a stressful last few weeks.

Nurse didn't bat an eye and came back with "Probably only half an eye."

...not gonna lie...that one hurt.

• Haha 16

7 hours ago, clietas said:

Rapid at home tests let’s you know if you’re contagious or not. That’s the value of them. You can get back to more of normal

life.

He is the biggest coward of the bunch and is the only one able to tell the truth regardless of what his followers thought it was he wanted them to hear. 

****s hilarious and really sad. He legit changed his mind about it but they are unable to because he told them they shouldn’t lol. ****ing idiots. 

Edited by Llevron

D.C. Will Require Proof of Vaccination for Indoor Dining in 2022

Patrons 12 and up must show proof of at least one dose by January 15

Anyone who wants to dine and drink inside D.C. restaurants and bars will be required to show proof of vaccination at the door, Mayor Muriel Bowser announced on Wednesday, December 22, in response to a recent record-setting spike in new COVID-19 cases.

Starting Saturday, January 15, 2022, customers 12 and over will be required to show proof that they have received at least one dose of the COVID-19 vaccine. Come Saturday, February 15, proof of two doses will be required.

D.C. joins a growing list of urban areas cracking down on vaccine requirements as the highly infectious omicron variant rapidly spreads coast to coast. New York City has required vaccine proof for months, but cities like Philly, Boston, Chicago, and Los Angeles recently announced or introduced proof-of-vax mandates in order to dine indoors.

In addition to restaurants, bars, food halls, and nightclubs, many other indoor establishments are included in the D.C. mandate. That includes gyms and “indoor cultural and entertainment facilities” like music and sports venues, movie theaters, and more.

https://dc.eater.com/2021/12/22/22850182/d-c-require-proof-vaccination-for-indoor-dining-in-2022

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

It's funny to watch Trump not being able to **** on the vaccine cause he wants credit for it. Hopefully he actually convinces some of his people to get it.

Reminds me of how Biden and Kamala publicly  questioned getting the vaccine because it was produced while Trump was in power. It’s all such bull****.

• Confused 1
  • Thumb down 2

26 minutes ago, mojo said:

Reminds me of how Biden and Kamala publicly  questioned getting the vaccine because it was produced while Trump was in power. It’s all such bull****.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/jul/23/tiktok-posts/biden-harris-doubted-trump-covid-19-vaccines-not-v/

President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris have been pushing Americans to get inoculated against COVID-19. But a video on social media suggests that they actually had reservations about the safety of the vaccines.

"Keep doubting, They actually said this, it’s not editing," says the heading on the video, which contains clips of statements made by Biden and Harris appearing to cast doubt on the vaccine while they were campaigning last year. 

In fact, the clips are selectively edited to take the statements out of context. The parts that are left out make clear that Biden and Harris were raising questions not about the vaccines themselves, but about then-President Donald Trump’s rollout of the vaccines and the risk that the effort would become rushed or politicized.

9 hours ago, Llevron said:

He is the biggest coward of the bunch and is the only one able to tell the truth regardless of what his followers thought it was he wanted them to hear. 

****s hilarious and really sad. He legit changed his mind about it but they are unable to because he told them they shouldn’t lol. ****ing idiots. 

If 1/6 didn't happen, I would be happy with our government PAYING him to promote the vaccine. He's a pitch man to dumb people, which is the target demographic. 

29 minutes ago, mojo said:

No. That simply did not happen. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

33 minutes ago, mojo said:

I wonder if you post stuff like this just to get attention or if you are actually that confused about it. Something about your posts makes me want to expect you to know better but thinking back im not sure what it is. 

I mean that to say, I have this conversation with clearly stupid people at work all the time. Young conservative woman at work who makes......questionable....decisions in life at best is a good example. She says this all the time. I correct her all the time. She also believes JFK maybe could come back. And that Bill Gates is clearly behind the pandemic to control the population! He even said years ago how he would do it! 

I don't want to put you in that category........but my man...... You say some really dumb **** lol. Consistently! 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

6 minutes ago, TheDoyler23 said:

If 1/6 didn't happen, I would be happy with our government PAYING him to promote the vaccine. He's a pitch man to dumb people, which is the target demographic. 

No. That simply did not happen. 

I’m not going hijack the thread so this is my last word on the matter. 
it most certainly did happen.  They both politicized the vaccine by questioning its safety under the guise of “I trust scientists, not Donald Trump” like Trump is making vaccines in his kitchen sink and sending them out to the masses.