Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team vs Cincinnati Football Team

TK
Message added by TK,

REMINDER

Today's game is on CBS & to keep any & all politics out of here

Screen Shot 2020-11-22 at 12.12.18 PM.png

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It could be because he wasn't in on the previous plays as well. There is something to be said for spelling a back. 

Maybe.  But I think they sat him for a couple of drives.  I could see sitting him for a drive here or there but multiple drives seem like a lot.  Especially when you're turning to Barber instead.  

Just now, Long Time Fan said:

Yeah it's tough.  We've been a 14 team league for years with a relegation rule that kicks out the last place team for a year.  So we basically have 15 GMs in rotation with one sitting out each year.  It gets brutal and with the relegation rule every game becomes important.  We often get to the final week of the season with almost every team either fighting for the playoffs or fighting to make sure they retain their spot next year.  

Damn, that's rough.  We have 14 total so nobody sits out, but that's rough.  We have very clear winners and losers in our league, though.  Neighborhood teams.

Just now, carex said:

it's a new combination

Yeah, just seems like ever since Trent left I haven't been aware of who our line is.

And hell of a kick by Hopkins!  That's the kicker I know!

Just now, Mr. Sinister said:

You just hope that we are better at evaluating and drafting talent. I just can't root for us to not win (save for the Dolphins game where I wanted pain and suffering for BA/Gruden).

In a way, your point makes my point even better.

If we keep shopping in that next tier of QBs you got to be super sharp to figure that out. Clearly they haven’t been and in their defense most teams aren’t hot at it.

Its much easier to get things right when you shop in the Tiffany’s aisle of Qbs. 

Going for another rodeo to see if they can pull it off from the next grouping of QBs to me is yawn. My excitement about the off season would be pretty low 

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Nah. The Giants will win in that case. I think they wind up at 5-11 at worst.

But 5-11 really crushes our draft position. 

I'm glad more people are on board with not wanting the crap wins and have started caring about draft position.  We really need a quarterback.  If Gibson continues and Terry keeps being Terry, we would have a three-pronged approach for the first time since Johnson, Westbrook, and Davis.  Griffin/Morris/Garcon only lasted for ten minutes so I don't really count that.

The clipping penalty (weak call, IMO) really screwed that drive, but I don't like the fact that the offense is running plays so conservatively as if the game is out of reach.  I know it isn't likely the Benagls come up with 2 scores and a conversion, but why not go and put the game out of reach as soon as possible? 

Also why does it seem like there is always a certain point in the game when they just decide Gibson doesn't need to play anymore?

Archived