Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

45 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

They could probably re-work some contracts, but they don't have anyone in their Top 10 contracts that they can easily cut to free up cap space. They have a very expensive top-end of the roster with lots of dead $$ in Martin, Zeke, Cooper, Tyron Smith and La'el Collins.

They can easily convert salary for say Lawrence and Cooper and create space that way, it gets them Dak back in on the tag, but it leaves them very little remaining space and a heap of cap pushed into future years and no star QB under contract in 2022.

Not the wisest approach so let’s hope they do it.

Edited by UK SKINS FAN 74
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

Not being an ass here

I disagree.

The chart he posted clearly shows that Brady and Ben have come back successfully to win in the 4th quarter at a considerably higher rate than Stafford, as I suspected, and Brees came in at 2 % less than Stafford.  I had forgotten the bad teams Brees played for early in his career.  You asked why Brady, Brees, and Ben were the top 3 in number of 4th quarte comebacks.  My answer was based on common sense and logic, and the chart bore it out.  It seemed obvious to me that number of opportunities should be relevant to the statistic you were referring to, and of course, it is.  You are free to continue to believe otherwise if you wish, but you might want to avoid that chart as supposedly being supportive of your claim.  It isn't.

As I said, I'm not knocking Stafford at all, in fact I'm in the camp that hopes we get him.  I was just saying that a ranking of number of games that a QB has led a 4th quarter comeback is incomplete without any reference to the number of  opportunities the various QBs have had in which to accomplish the feat.  That is of course both correct and obvious.  Why you chose to respond in such a snide manner is a question only you can answer.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

The Stafford and Watson situations, and the very lukewarm rumors about Rodgers, aren't really open market situations though.  The only wild card here is Prescott, as a result of the franchise tag, which is ultimately franchise russian roulette as we found out. 

Ahh. True and fair point. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

2. Aaron Rodgers will be on the market. If Packers cut/trade him before 2022, he's got a dead cap hit of $30-32M. They are already, what, 25-30M over the cap? They're trying to unload their MVP and take a massive hit at the same time, in order to downgrade dramatically to Jordan Love?

Again, they would save cap space by getting rid of Rodgers.

Also again, I don't believe for a second Rodgers is going anywhere. But to imply that they can't afford to under the cap is completely wrong. 

• Like 1

Just now, steve09ru said:

What could get it done for Stafford?

1st, Settle and a 6th?

Payne (with IO coming back) and a 2nd or 3rd?

I'm not advocating but in the end, I think it will take 2 1st round picks.  I think our #19, 2021 3rd and a 2022 4th conditional pick should be enough but probably not.  Teams that need a QB and there are several have better 1st round picks than us being above our #19.  

7 minutes ago, DisgruntledLionFan#54,927 said:

FYI, the Lions are 3-26 when Stafford has been out of the lineup.

You're a disgruntled Lions fan? Are you upset at the prospect of losing Stafford or do you think the organization needs a fresh start? Would the WFT be a contender right away with Stafford?

7 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm not advocating but in the end, I think it will take 2 1st round picks.  I think our #19, 2021 3rd and a 2022 4th conditional pick should be enough but probably not.  Teams that need a QB and there are several have better 1st round picks than us being above our #19.  

Yeah I agree - think the issue is the battle of teams that need a QB and have the draft capital this year.  I do think leveraging a Dline could be enticing though for Detroit as D is their biggest area of need.  Payne, Allen and Settle are all free agents after this year - I see us resigning Settle (cheaper) and 1 of Allen/Payne (preferably Payne) so I would start with Allen if we're moving one with a high pick.

• Like 2

Just now, Florgon79 said:

You're a disgruntled Lions fan? Are you upset at the prospect of losing Stafford or do you think the organization needs a fresh start? Would the WFT be a contender right away with Stafford?

He's a very good player and by all accounts an even better man.  Really easy to root for and there will be a ton of Lions' fans rooting for him and his new team even though he asked out.

WFT would definitely make some noise in the playoffs with Stafford.  After all, we just saw Brady arm punt an entire 2nd half and he's going to another SB because of his defense.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Yeah I don't think Rodgers is going anywhere buuut - could be a Favre situation.  There's been rumors about Rodger's being shipped a number of times I feel like already.

And none of us really know what it's like behind the scenes...he can't hold a woman and I have a feeling he has issues with coaching too. Great player but probly will cry if you don't let him do what he wants to do with the offense. I'm just speculating on what I see, hear and read. They drafted Love in the 1st round instead of a WR for a reason...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

And none of us really know what it's like behind the scenes...he can't hold a woman and I have a feeling he has issues with coaching too. Great player but probly will cry if you don't let him do what he wants to do with the offense. I'm just speculating on what I see, hear and read. They drafted Love in the 1st round instead of a WR for a reason...

Cant hold a woman?  Wut?

Oh.  User name checks out.

16 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

What could get it done for Stafford?

1st, Settle and a 6th?

Payne (with IO coming back) and a 2nd or 3rd?

For some reason it always seems that teams would rather picks then actual players under contract in offseason trades, unless it's a real difference maker. I don't know if it's usually contract related or what but you would think one or all of our top 4 interior defensive linemen would draw trade interest around the league. I don't know how a 2021 1st and Deron Payne wouldn't be very appealing to a defensively challenged team like Detroit? I would hate to lose Payne but being realistic we need to get something for these excess linemen before we have to let them walk because of cap reasons. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wit33 said:

Not that it matters, but these kind of reports are difficult for me to connect: the logic would be Stafford is now ready to uproot his family after 10 years from a place he’s been because another man was removed from his position. 

It doesn’t matter though lol Just reeks of a guy creating a headline to ride the wave of attention currently on Stafford. 

Could be headline seeking from Ian.  One Lions reporter already disputed it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Payne, Allen and Settle are all free agents after this year - I see us resigning Settle (cheaper) and 1 of Allen/Payne (preferably Payne) so I would start with Allen if we're moving one with a high pick.

Payne would be on the 5th year option in 2022. But I agree, and I would be looking for trade packages for Allen regardless. There is no way we are going to retain all 4 DTs, and I think the difference between what Allen and Settle will be paid will be far greater than the difference in their playing abilities, and we should be able to get a decent amount for Allen in a trade. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

Cant hold a woman?  Wut?

Oh.  User name checks out.

Olivia Munn. Danica Patrick....how bout this, I don't know if it's still true but Rodgers wasn't talking to anyone in his own family back when he was courting Munn. Again, I'm going off of memory and what I read but this dude has been with some high profile women and they don't seem to stick. Just makes me wonder if he's the problem? 

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Olivia Munn. Danica Patrick....how bout this, I don't know if it's still true but Rodgers wasn't talking to anyone in his own family back when he was courting Munn. Again, I'm going off of memory and what I read but this dude has been with some high profile women and they don't seem to stick. Just makes me wonder if he's the problem? 

He comes across as a real ahole to me.  But Derek Jeter also had issues keeping women.  Maybe he's just too entrenched in the single life to care about the challenges of compromise relationships require.  But I'm more inclined to believe he's a selfish, whiny, conceited jerk.

4 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

Yeah I agree - think the issue is the battle of teams that need a QB and have the draft capital this year.  I do think leveraging a Dline could be enticing though for Detroit as D is their biggest area of need.  Payne, Allen and Settle are all free agents after this year - I see us resigning Settle (cheaper) and 1 of Allen/Payne (preferably Payne) so I would start with Allen if we're moving one with a high pick.

I'm not a fan of giving up any of our D Linemen but I think it's going to take more than our 1st and 3rd to get Stafford here.  I think Indy is going to put a lot on the table for Stafford and I can easily see us needing to offer two 1st or a deal similar to the ones you suggested to beat out Indy.  I hope I'm wrong, but looking at Indy's cap space and current QB situation, I don't see them letting Stafford slip away without offering some serious compensation.  

Hahahahahahahaha

This is so ridiculous.  First Rodgers cant keep a woman, now Derek freaking Jeter cant either.  And one coming from a guy that voluntarily goes by "kingdaddy".

Y'all are too much.  

If you want to call him an asshole, fine.  But these guys get action on levels you clearly dont understand lol.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, oraphus said:

If Lions said... Give us Chase Young straight up for Stafford.. do you make the trade?

I'd laugh in their face.

I don't think there are ten players in the league I'd trade Young for straight up. He's gonna be this generation's Reggie White.

• Like 2