Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

I've upped my ante on what I would give for Stafford.  I'd do our #19 and our 2022 2nd round pick or my original which was our #19 and our highest 3rd this year and a 2022 conditional 4th rounder.  

Edited by RWJ

1 hour ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I mean they are doing him a solid by trading him, but they are under no obligation to take an inferior offer I would think. I can't see Washington being a team he would automatically eliminate either.  I would think it would be a good spot for him to land. 

The issue is not whether or not Detroit is obligated to take an inferior offer or whether Stafford has any say in what offer they  accept.  This issue is will the offering team still make  the same offer if Stafford says I do not want to play for you.   If you are the WFT are you going to make a huge trade for stafford if he basically says I do not want to come there under any circumstance?  I dont think so.  This is why stafford has a say in where he gets traded and also whether or not he will get a new contract if he does.  Because everyone has to be on the same page for it to work correctly.

Do I think the Packers are going to trade Aaron Rodgers? I do not. Do I think there was a purpose behind his postgame comments that was very intentional? A million percent, yes. Look, Rodgers is whip-smart, and very self-aware. There are accidents in these areas. So when he says that “a lot of guys’ futures [are] uncertain, myself included,” it’s worth heeding those final two words. Rodgers had an absurd year, and will win the MVP by a wide margin. The shotgun marriage to Matt LaFleur and the Shanahan doctrine of offensive football has worked out better than anyone could’ve guessed. But if he looked across the landscape on Sunday, he saw three teams that moved aggressively over the last calendar year to top one another (see: Stefon Diggs, Tom Brady, Rob Gronkowski, Le’Veon Bell, etc.), and a fourth that valued continuity over trying to maximize the window they’re in (for the Packers and Bucs, it’s what’s left for legendary quarterback; for the Chiefs and Bills, it’s having young star quarterbacks at an affordable rate). Now, Rodgers’s situation isn’t exactly where, say, Tom Brady’s was in New England a year ago. He has a top-10 receiver (Davante Adams), an emerging star at tight end (Robert Tonyan) and a top-shelf stable of backs (Aaron Jones, Jamaal Williams, A.J. Dillon). The line was good too, before David Bakhtiari went down. So, sure, it’d be a little overdramatic for Rodgers to complain too much about his situation. But it’s also understandable why he’d be frustrated if he doesn’t feel like the team-builders at Lambeau are acting with the same urgency to win that he needs to at his advancing age. Which puts the Packers in a tricky, but not untenable, spot.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If it wasnt for the injury concerns I would be all in for Taylor Heinicke.  It may have only been one game but he has everything I want in a QB. Wheels, accuracy, play recognition, and clutch ability.

THe more I watch that game and the more i learn about him the more I like him.  I think he could be the real deal... seriously.  But only if he can stay on the field, and that is a big if.

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I've upped my ante on what I would give for Stafford.  I'd do our #19 and our 2022 2nd round pick or my original which was our #19 and our highest 3rd this year and a 2022 conditional 4th rounder.  

I'm not sure that would be considered upping the ante.  A high third this year may actually have greater value than a 2nd in 2022.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CurseReversed said:

If it wasnt for the injury concerns I would be all in for Taylor Heinicke.  It may have only been one game but he has everything I want in a QB. Wheels, accuracy, play recognition, and clutch ability.

THe more I watch that game and the more i learn about him the more I like him.  I think he could be the real deal... seriously.  But only if he can stay on the field, and that is a big if.

I like Heinicke.  But hearing that the team is concerned about his durability (now two different beat guys saying so) and are going full out for a Qb this off season -- that's all I needed to hear that they aren't sold on him as QB1.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I like Heinicke.  But hearing that the team is concerned about his durability (now two different beat guys saying so) and are going full out for a Qb this off season -- that's all I needed to hear that they aren't sold on him as QB1.  

Yea what he did in that one game against that bucs team with those crazy circumstances says a lot.  He looked just like Russel Wilson on steriods out there.  But his injury history is wild. 

So apparently he started out in minnesota as a UDFA but ended up going on  IR because of a freak foot injury outside of football.  Then when he went to Houston he actually got a start coming in for Yates only to have a concussion after his first pass.  Then in Carolina he managed to play a few games but got injured again and put on IR.  This is both positive and negative because it shows that he still has not really had a legit shot yet, but also that he has never been able to hold up either. 

I agree that its smart to still go after a number one guy but I am really happy, assuming they keep him, that he could get another shot at some point because I think he has the skills and especially that killer mobility they really need on this offense.

Edited by CurseReversed

37 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If we had seen more of him, I think he'd have a shot at QB1. No reasonable coach, even a gambling one, is willing to say that we've solved QB based on 5 quarters of play. 5 games? Would have been more reasonable.

37 minutes ago, Number 44 said:

I read somewhere that Detroit only has 5 picks in the upcoming draft.  My guess is that this year's picks are of particular interest to them.

Sorry to ask outside of the draft thread,  but what do we have? 8 total with the extra Trent 3rd?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si.com/nfl/lions/.amp/onepride-plus/raiola-discusses-negative-impact-of-matt-patricia

It appears that New England is out of the running for Stafford.

He didn't get along with Matt Patricia!?

Mayhew and Rivera. will open up Snyder's wallet to get the deal done.  A 1st and two thirds should be enough.  Do we pull the trigger if Detroit accepts the terms?

Would love for Wentz to be traded to the Colts but that is not realistic.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CurseReversed said:

Yea what he did in that one game against that bucs team with those crazy circumstances says a lot.  He looked just like Russel Wilson on steriods out there.  But his injury history is wild. 

So apparently he started out in minnesota as a UDFA but ended up going on  IR because of a freak foot injury outside of football.  Then when he went to Houston he actually got a start coming in for Yates only to have a concussion after his first pass.  Then in Carolina he managed to play a few games but got injured again and put on IR.  This is both positive and negative because it shows that he still has not really had a legit shot yet, but also that he has never been able to hold up either. 

I agree that its smart to still go after a number one guy but I am really happy, assuming they keep him, that he could get another shot at some point because I think he has the skills and especially that killer mobility they really need on this offense.

Can’t Taylor just put on some bulk in the offseason?  If Haskins can lose the weight, why can’t Taylor gain it? 🙂

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The further away from the Bucs game we get, the more I think theres no way he could stand up to the rigors of a full season as starter.  Making it 4 or 5  full games might even be a stretch.  Seems the team thinks the same.

He was fantastic though.  Really hope he sticks on the roster.

It was written in Aug. of 2020 Jon Gruden Isn’t Hiding His Desire to Replace Derek Carr With Marcus Mariota (sportscasting.com)

Carr would be a good QB to trade for.  He's had solid stats throughout his career.  Will RR and the THs come a calling?

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

The further away from the Bucs game we get, the more I think theres no way he could stand up to the rigors of a full season as starter.  Making it 4 or 5  full games might even be a stretch.  Seems the team thinks the same.

He was fantastic though.  Really hope he sticks on the roster.

That's why I think IF he hits the weight room and puts on some weight and muscle that could change.  I don't know how much he could put on though with his frame.

• Like 1