Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

I'm starting to really despise the Colts. If you think about it, is their roster even that much better than ours? The defense certainly isn't, their OL is better but that's about it. RBs are a wash, we have better weapons as well. 

If you give us Rivers, we probably win 10/11 games as well. 

• Like 3

I agree with John Clayton that the Skins can get Stafford if they want to trade for him.  I think Indy wants Wentz if the Eagles let him go or if Wentz forces his way out of Philly.

Wentz is tight with the Indy Head Coach.  Wentz agent probably thinks he can also get Wentz more money with Indy.   Eagles have cap issues and an old team with injuries.

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So now I am pro Darnold all the way. 

I knew you'd come around  :D

12 minutes ago, method man said:

I would move the 3rd if it came to it but I’d rather move Settle and possibly Allen

Settle isn't remotely close to the player Allen is. One is one of the top DLinemen in the league and possible our best, Settle is a clear back up. A good one but a back up. How could you suggest trading Allen over a 3rd? That's just crazy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I'm starting to really despise the Colts. If you think about it, is their roster even that much better than ours? The defense certainly isn't, their OL is better but that's about it. RBs are a wash, we have better weapons as well. 

If you give us Rivers, we probably win 10/11 games as well. 

Last year? Yes the Colts have a better roster.

Their backs as a whole are better. Their receivers are better. Their OL is better. 

Our DL is better.

Their backers and safeties are better. 

Our corners are probably better.

I give us a slight edge on D and them a significant edge on O.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I cannot blame Stafford for wanting the Colts at all. Reich may not have the resume of a QB guru but he has shown he can work with three different QBs in three years and took two of them to the playoffs. Plus as a QB himself he probably understands the role better than most. he also probably has some QB fans since he's responsible for one of the most awesome playoff comebacks in NFL history. 

3 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

Settle isn't remotely close to the player Allen is. One is one of the top DLinemen in the league and possible our best, Settle is a clear back up. A good one but a back up. How could you suggest trading Allen over a 3rd? That's just crazy.

The thing about Settle vs Allen is that Settle has some production and is on a way cheaper contract. I doubt it would be enough to sway a Stafford deal, but there is a reason that KC wanted Fuller instead of other guys on our roster. Its partially about that price point and being able to get young cheap talent. 

• Like 1

We lose out on Stafford I kinda think we are on the outside looking in on a QB. Too far down in the draft to reasonably get a solid rookie, and I really don’t think Watson, Rodgers, or Dak become available. And I’m REALLY not interested in any of the other retreads. I’m not liking our chances. And it would be very Redskins to return to decline. Really hope I’m wrong. I just feel bad about our chances. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Last year? Yes the Colts have a better roster.

Their backs as a whole are better. Their receivers are better. Their OL is better. 

Our DL is better.

Their backers and safeties are better. 

Our corners are probably better.

I give us a slight edge on D and them a significant edge on O.

Some interesting opinions there on some position groups imo. The Colts don't have a #1 WR. TY Hilton is not even in the same stratosphere as McLaurin. Michael Pittman Jr and Cam Sims is essentially a wash. I'm taking McLaurin, Sims, and Thomas over Hilton, Pittman Jr., and Cox/Doyle any day of the week. Mainly due to the significant gap between McLaurin/Hilton and Thomas/Colts duo.

The Colts do have a slight edge at Safety but that's because Khari Willis essentially got a full season of play. 

Their backers are obviously much better. I definitely agree there. 

I think you're vastly overrating their offense tbh. They severely lack weapons. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

1 minute ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Some interesting opinions there on some position groups imo. The Colts don't have a #1 WR. TY Hilton is not even in the same stratosphere as McLaurin. Michael Pittman Jr and Cam Sims is essentially a wash. I'm taking McLaurin, Sims, and Thomas over Hilton, Pittman Jr., and Cox/Doyle any day of the week. 

The Colts do have a slight edge at Safety but that's because Khari Willis essentially got a full season of play. 

Their backers are obviously much better. I definitely agree there. 

I think you're vastly overrating their offense tbh. They severely lack weapons. 

No. I’m not overrating their offense. I’m rating ours adequately.

Cam Sims isn’t on the same hemisphere as Pittman. I agree Terry is the best receiver on either team. Then I think they have 2,3 and 4 on their roster.

And it’s significant.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. I’m not overrating their offense. I’m rating ours adequately.

Cam Sims isn’t on the same hemisphere as Pittman. I agree Terry is the best receiver on either team. Then I think they have 2,3 and 4 on their roster.

And it’s significant.

I disagree, Pittman Jr. will cap out as a better player but last year (like you said) their production is nearly identical. Actually we have #1 and possibly #2/3, since I'm counting Logan Thomas. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

I disagree, Pittman Jr. will cap out as a better player but last year (like you said) their production is nearly identical. Actually we have #1 and possibly #2/3, since I'm counting Logan Thomas. 

I’m talking about players on their roster last season and ours and not factoring in free agents, not necessarily statistically.

2 hours ago, JoggingGod said:

Somewhat relates to QB but I think the days of “building through the draft” are over. Having a high first is very valuable but outside of that the draft isn’t exactly a science. We’re seeing contenders nowadays go for big moves simultaneously while drafting with their original picks, mostly because the league is very year to year. It’s why I wouldn’t get that worked up on the capital spent on Watson or Stafford or a trade up for a QB.

Of the teams who played in the playoffs this year which has given up a haul for a qb? especially one over 30?? Trading a first rounder for a QB is a sign of desperation plain and simple and on top of everything this organization stinks at it.....turn the leaf lets have a different approach to things and maybe we can be good what we've done in the past hasn't "Stafford is different" I heard the same about smith mcnabb Brunel etc...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, KDawg said:

I’m talking about players on their roster last season and ours and not factoring in free agents, not necessarily statistically.

I am as well. Honestly, if I woke up tomorrow and found out we traded McLaurin, Gibson, and Thomas for Hilton, Taylor, and Pittman Jr. I'd be furious. Those are the best 3 weapons on each of our teams. It's just my opinion though, I think their O is better than ours because their OL is very stout and absolutely better than ours. Their weapons are nearing the bottom of the league though. 

1 minute ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

Of the teams who played in the playoffs this year which has given up a haul for a qb? especially one over 30?? Trading a first rounder for a QB is a sign of desperation plain and simple and on top of everything this organization stinks at it.....turn the leaf lets have a different approach to things and maybe we can be good what we've done in the past hasn't "Stafford is different" I heard the same about smith mcnabb Brunel etc...

I support this post almost entirely.

I don’t think a first and third is huge, especially considering we have two of them this year. And I DO think Stafford is different. But we are absolutely in desperation mode.

Part of me wonders if we’re not really going all in and it’s a dog and pony show so fans don’t abandon ship if we have to roll with Allen/Heinicke and a rookie this year.

Yes, if a good QB is available and we can get them at a good cost (I believe Stafford is a good value at the 1&3 rate but I do not, under any circumstance, believe he is franchise changing by himself) then we do it. And it makes sense. 

• Like 2

I am as well. Honestly, if I woke up tomorrow and found out we traded McLaurin, Gibson, and Thomas for Hilton, Taylor, and Pittman Jr. I'd be furious. Those are the best 3 weapons on each of our teams. It's just my opinion though, I think their O is better than ours because their OL is very stout and absolutely better than ours. Their weapons are nearing the bottom of the league though. 

Nelson is their biggest weapon. 

Gibson and Taylor are different backs so it’s tough to compare but I’d give them a total wash. The Colts other backs are better than ours, though, even though I do like McKissick. 

We do have a better tight end. I will agree there, too. 

But I’d take TY and Pittman over any receiver on our team not names McLaurin.

9 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Couple guys I follow on Twitter for WFT insight strongly insinuating Ron is gonna go hard after Stafford. Who knows how reliable, but they always have good nuggets 

I think we go hard for Stafford like we did Cooper last year and that it works out exactly the same.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

Deshaun Watson is one of those 10. I am more emotionally attached to Chase as a fan, and think he’s a HOF caliber player. If you have a chance to package him for Deshaun Watson , I would do it. Absolutely. I bet our current regime views him as untouchable  however. 

Also, if I’m the Jaguars, I float the idea of the first overall pick, and maybe a 2nd for Deshaun. Houston might like the idea of starting over with Trevor Lawrence tree than their other options. And if I’m Jacksonville, Watson>>>Lawrence. 

I would trade a 1st and Chase’s production/pedigree for Watson, but I’m not trading Chase’s infectious attitude, leadership and rookie contract (along with draft picks) for Watson and his enormous contract.  I also think you’re right that the FO will see Young as untouchable.

It’s a shame Io got injured, because he would be nice trade bait.  His value is probably a fair bit lower than reality at the moment though.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Gibson and Taylor are different backs so it’s tough to compare but I’d give them a total wash. The Colts other backs are better than ours, though, even though I do like McKissick. 

Nelson is a beast but I didn't think linemen were considered weapons. If we're including him, he's the best player on either offenses but that goes along with why I said their offense is better to begin with. That OL is good, but we could see a legitimate dip in performance there since Anthony Castonzo retired. 

I just don't see a significant difference between our rosters, we've done pretty good at gathering talented players. I still think we haven't proven to be a functional organization long enough to get consideration like this from players. One 7-9 season isn't going to do it. The good thing is, we're going to at least be able to outbid the Colts (but we're also an NFC team, so that could come into play). 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

7 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’d honestly prefer Parris  Campbell. If that dude gets healthy he’s their 1b to Pittman’s 1a.

Anyone that says Cam is remotely close to being on the same level as Pittman needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

I think we go hard for Stafford like we did Cooper last year and that it works out exactly the same.

Thats my gut. If it comes down to a two horse race being reported we’re likely toast I think. Always felts like the Colts were a problem for us.

We would have to convince Stafford we can pull off some major coup in Free Agency at WR. Even TE. 

Stafford, receiver of your choice, Jonnu Smith. Looking very good.

• Like 1

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I’d honestly prefer Parris  Campbell. If that dude gets healthy he’s their 1b to Pittman’s 1a.

Anyone that says Cam is remotely close to being on the same level as Pittman needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

Paris Campbell is the reason I take their 2,3 and 4 over anyone on our roster.