Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

4 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

Keith and Chris?

@RedskinsCult (tweets posted above) but also @imrantburgundy who tweeted a couple times making it sound like he’s got something that makes him confident beyond speculation. Could be pure speculation though, we know the leaks have been substantially cut off with Rivera 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

I’d honestly prefer Parris  Campbell. If that dude gets healthy he’s their 1b to Pittman’s 1a.

Anyone that says Cam is remotely close to being on the same level as Pittman needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

The comparison was over their play last year. You can look at the stats and see for yourself that there was very little difference in their play. Pittman Jr. had 26 more receiving yards, that's it. 

As for PFF grades they are as close as ever. 

Cam Sims: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/cam-sims/47908

Michael Pittman Jr.: https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/michael-pittman/29049

Anyone who says they weren't really close is most likely factoring in Sims' past production, and projecting Pittman Jr's future production. 

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

The comparison was over their play last year. You can look at the stats and see for yourself that there was very little difference in their play. Pittman Jr. had 26 more receiving yards, that's it. 

Anyone who says they weren't really close is most likely factoring in Sims' past production, and projecting Pittman Jr's future production. 

No it wasn’t. I just told you that above. It was about their roster. Not their statistics. I said “last year” to say I’m not accounting for free agents on either team. I explained that to you and you said you were looking at it the same as I was.

clearly... you weren’t.

1 minute ago, CapsSkins said:

IDK about RedskinsCut but Rant is a clown, he doesn't know jack about what's going on inside the org.

I follow them and others for the banter and dialogue but I take most of what they say with a grain of salt. Just speculative but this one seemed more “certain” than just speculation. But you’re right, it’s all moot. 

Washington Football Team 

Washington is presently one of the most franchise QB-starved organizations in the league. 

And despite that being the case, remember, the Football Team is coming off a season in which it won the NFC East -- although it was a result of the division being extremely weak (Washington finished just 7-9). 

The franchise already possesses a strong defense that allowed only 20.6 points per game in 2020 -- the fourth-lowest total in the league. 

Washington's defense features a potent pass-rushing unit that is led by veteran defensive end Ryan Kerrigan (5.5 sacks in 2020) -- who is a free agent this offseason -- and supremely gifted EDGE rushers Montez Sweat (a team-leading nine sacks in '20) and Chase Young (7.5 sacks). 

So, Washington head man Ron Rivera & Co. are feasibly looking to take the next step in 2021. 

Would you rather attempt to do that with a soon-to-be 37-year-old Alex Smith, a career journeyman in Taylor Heinicke, who's made just two starts in his NFL career, or Stafford

I'm willing to put a good amount of money on Rivera opting for Stafford, out of those three options. 

The cherry on top is that former Lions general manager Martin Mayhew, who was part of the regime that made the decision to draft Stafford, was recently named the GM in Washington. 

Mayhew and Stafford were colleagues of one another in the Motor City from 2009-2015. 

Mayhew's experience with Stafford could lead to him advising Rivera -- who has the final say over all the team’s personnel decisions -- to pursue trading for the longtime Detroit franchise passer. 

Washington also appears to have the draft capital necessary to pull off a trade for No. 9. It possesses eight total draft picks, including the No. 19 overall selection and two third-rounders. 

A trade package involving the No. 19 pick and one of those third-rounders could seal the deal for new Detroit GM Brad Holmes and get Stafford to the nation's capital. 

I think it would be enough for Rivera & Co. to land him. And because of that and the other factors mentioned above -- most notably Mayhew's connection to Stafford -- I believe Washington is currently the strongest suitor to acquire the Lions franchise great this offseason.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No. I’m not overrating their offense. I’m rating ours adequately.

Cam Sims isn’t on the same hemisphere as Pittman. I agree Terry is the best receiver on either team. Then I think they have 2,3 and 4 on their roster.

And it’s significant.

How bout cap space? How do we compare to the Colts in cap space? 

Colts offensive line is one of the best isn't it? That, coupled with their backs, friendly city, good place for Stafford to land.

3 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

How bout cap space? How do we compare to the Colts in cap space? 

Colts offensive line is one of the best isn't it? That, coupled with their backs, friendly city, good place for Stafford to land.

Ultimately Stafford has no say. But also ultimately... the team trading for him is going to want an assurance that he wants to go there or they risk losing the guy in a few years 

8 minutes ago, KDawg said:

No it wasn’t. I just told you that above. It was about their roster. Not their statistics. I said “last year” to say I’m not accounting for free agents on either team. I explained that to you and you said you were looking at it the same as I was.

clearly... you weren’t.

I guess I wasn't, when you say "last year" most people are going to look at the roster and players that were in place last year as a comparison. I'm not here to change your opinion dude, the comparison is so close it's laughable to even waste anymore time on it, so I'll just admit you were right and I was wrong here and I misunderstood you. 

Edited by Burgundy Yoda

Just now, Burgundy Yoda said:

I guess I wasn't, when you say "last year" most people are going to look at the roster and players that were in place last year as a comparison. I'm not here to change your opinion dude, the comparison is so close it's laughable to even waste anymore time on it, so I'll just admit you were right and I was wrong here. 

It’s not about that.

Its about how we view this roster to me.

In my eyes we have excellent pieces to build on and a bright future with a good cultural foundation. But we are severely lacking talent almost across the board. 

Our RBs are okay... but I don’t think any of them can carry the load for a full season and nor do I think that’s where their value is. 

Our receivers are really bad other than McLaurin.

Our line is... okay. 

We do have a good tight end.

Defensively our DL and CBs are quality. Our LBs are some of the worst in the league as a unit. Our safeties are... okay... if you count having all strong safeties as being adequate there... which most dont. 

The point I was making that seems to have gotten lost is that we are not a clearly better landing spot than the Colts. But that doesn’t inherently disqualify us, either.

2 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

So he has some say? Maybe even a lot of say?

The Lions. But Stafford won’t be traded to a team that has doubts he’d want to be there... because that team would be nuts.

16 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I follow them and others for the banter and dialogue but I take most of what they say with a grain of salt. Just speculative but this one seemed more “certain” than just speculation. But you’re right, it’s all moot. 

Haha I feel you. From what I've seen, Keith and Chris Worthy actually seem to have some nuggets of inside info. The others idk.

24 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

Oh god. PFF.

straight up who would you rather have on the team right now?

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Nelson is their biggest weapon. 

Gibson and Taylor are different backs so it’s tough to compare but I’d give them a total wash. The Colts other backs are better than ours, though, even though I do like McKissick. 

We do have a better tight end. I will agree there, too. 

But I’d take TY and Pittman over any receiver on our team not names McLaurin.

"We do have a better Tight End"...brought a smile to my face knowing where we got Thomas from. lol

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s not about that.

Its about how we view this roster to me.

In my eyes we have excellent pieces to build on and a bright future with a good cultural foundation. But we are severely lacking talent almost across the board. 

Our RBs are okay... but I don’t think any of them can carry the load for a full season and nor do I think that’s where their value is. 

Our receivers are really bad other than McLaurin.

Our line is... okay. 

We do have a good tight end.

Defensively our DL and CBs are quality. Our LBs are some of the worst in the league as a unit. Our safeties are... okay... if you count having all strong safeties as being adequate there... which most dont. 

The point I was making that seems to have gotten lost is that we are not a clearly better landing spot than the Colts. But that doesn’t inherently disqualify us, either.

I really don't know why you're still going on about the breakdown. I pretty much agree with all of what you're saying, I just think the difference is the Colts have stronger blue-chip players. As a whole, I don't view that roster as that much better than ours, they're better, but not by a significant margin like in years past. 

The reason I think we're going to have a hard time attracting players is because we could still be viewed as a dysfunctional organization. I think that's the main reason we aren't a better landing spot than the Colts, because it isn't our roster anymore. 

2 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Oh god. PFF.

straight up who would you rather have on the team right now?

Michael Pittman Jr. He has more potential and will be the better player. 

If you're eyeing Stafford in a trade, it's already a good bet you believe he's capable of posting top-12 QB production, which he's done aplenty. Roughly top-12 money over the next two seasons, then, should not be prohibitive to a deal, especially considering how easy it'd be for an acquiring team to part ways with Stafford early, if it so chose. The Lions may be willing to soften their demands just a touch considering they'll save $14M by dealing the QB this offseason, but then again, they'll also be giving his next team the ability to cut the cord rather painlessly: Cutting Stafford outright in 2022 would result in a $20 million savings, with only a $6 million dead-cap hit.

All that said, Stafford is no slouch. He wasn't great on a bad Lions team in 2020, and he had half his 2019 wiped out with a back injury. But he's played all 16 games in nine of his last 10 seasons -- oftentimes behind a so-so offensive line and amid middling supporting casts and coaching staffs. He's thrown at least 4,000 yards in eight of his last 10 seasons. And he'll turn 33 in February -- three years younger than Matt Ryan, four years younger than Aaron Rodgers. A second-half-of-the-career renaissance is easily in the cards.

So where, ultimately, does his value lie? According to Corry and league sources, the floor for a Stafford trade is likely a first-round pick. Detroit is ready to move its QB, but it has reason to hold out for that. The upside of his resume and flexibility of his contract demand it. The ceiling, on the other hand? That could depend entirely on how many teams are bidding for his services -- the Colts and 49ers seem like logical front-runners, with the Broncos, Patriots and Washington almost sure to sniff around. But something like a first- and third-round pick -- just slightly less than what Palmer fetched the Bengals in 2011 -- feels like a peak return.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Burgundy Yoda said:

I really don't know why you're still going on about the breakdown. I pretty much agree with all of what you're saying, I just think the difference is the Colts have stronger blue-chip players. As a whole, I don't view that roster as that much better than ours, they're better, but not by a significant margin like in years past. 

The reason I think we're going to have a hard time attracting players is because we could still be viewed as a dysfunctional organization. I think that's the main reason we aren't a better landing spot than the Colts, because it isn't our roster anymore. 

Michael Pittman Jr. He has more potential and will be the better player. 

Just making sure lol.

Also, I agree about Indy. I think they have more stability and a better foundation but in terms of blue chip players they don’t have much. Nelson, Leonard and Buckner is it. Guys like Pittman, Taylor and Hooker have the potential but not there. A bunch of other high draft unknowns like Ya-sin, Blackmon etc

8 minutes ago, ExoDus84 said:

So, Staffy's $7M mansion had a wince cellar capable of holding 650 bottles o' booze.

I guess we now know how he made it through 12 years with the Lions...

If he lands here, hopefully Dan doesn't see that as his cue to try to buddy up with Stafford and hang out with him.  If I recall Dan isn't just about Crown Royal but also likes himself some wine. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

If he lands here, hopefully Dan doesn't see that as his cue to try to buddy up with Stafford and hang out with him.  If I recall Dan isn't just about Crown Royal but also likes himself some wine. 

If Stafford comes here, I won't worry until I see him cracking open a crisp Bud LIght.