Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

33 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Aaron Rodgers may suddenly be available.

I expect him to finally demand a trade, now that GB hired Joe Barry as their DC

I got the alert and I had to re read.  Thought maybe there is a young up and comer with the same name. Shocked a super bowl contender will put their eggs in that basket.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Hey I didn't think Heinicke was known for throwin picks

thatsthejoke.jpg

I'd love to see Wentz get moved to one of the well built teams that is lacking a QB. Makes us a much more attractive option to other QBs that are looking for good situations. All at the cost of a QB we probably could not get without paying an excessive price as Philly is in the same div as us.

Double that if its an NFC team

• Like 1

The only QB that will make me really question the FO and Ron is if they go get Wentz. The guy is just not a very good QB at all. He can make a few wow plays a game. But the other 60+ plays he is less than pedestrian and he can't stay on the field. I would rather they do nothing than bring in Wentz. To me that would be subtraction through addition. 

Not real interested in Aaron Rodgers - ity's a combination of age, cost botht in trade and his contract, and i have shown the data he is not a come from behind guy at all. I would go all in on Watson. I know people keep talking about holes on the roster. There will always be holes in the roster. And a few 1st rd picks are not going to do that much to hamper progress if the QB the team goes after works out. At some point you have to get a QB. If Watson is the guy, do what you have to - within some reason of course. A couple of 1st and from later rd picks is not too steep for a guy with his potential here. And if Ron wants him, than that's who I want Ron to have. I think @Skinsinparadise was saying this earlier, I want who Ron wants - unless that's Wentz and then of course he would be wrong..  🙂

And I know there are many on here with the standard washington football man crush on the Heinke but please keep in mind he has had 2 starts in his career and he was injured in both. Not saying he should not get a chance. But that's all he has earned, is a chance to compete. 

BTW: I did not expect to see anything happen this week in terms of an actual deal. It's SB week. The brand does not like competition from within for air time 🙂  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andre The Giant said:

No idea how accurate...

She seems legit.  Local Philly broadcaster 48K plus following.  So both teams get QBs, Foles back to Philly to backup Hurts and Wentz to lead the Bears.  That helps us if this transpires as far as getting one of the 4/5 QBs in the upcoming draft.  

I think a lot of fans are wanting to see us somehow or another work a fair deal for Carr.  I know I do.  

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

She seems legit.  Local Philly broadcaster 48K plus following.  So both teams get QBs, Foles back to Philly to backup Hurts and Wentz to lead the Bears.  That helps us if this transpires as far as getting one of the 4/5 QBs in the upcoming draft.  

LOL, I literally joked about a Wentz for Foles trade earlier today in this thread !

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

What bothers me is they could go Pitts 6, WR 20 and really change that offense. 

I hope there isn't a 1st in there.  Bears would really be bailing them out.

Our D and fortunately our DB coach (highly touted for DC jobs) can make this work.  We would be OK.  We need a field general.  Carr is my pick but the top 5 or one the Skins are in love with you go get him and get points.  Our D feeds off our O and visa versa. 

3 minutes ago, jsharrin55 said:

What bothers me is they could go Pitts 6, WR 20 and really change that offense. 

I hope there isn't a 1st in there.  Bears would really be bailing them out.

Or, they go Fields at 6 (maybe slight trade up) and commit to a mobile QB offense and to hedge for if (when) Hurts busts...

1 minute ago, SAli457180 said:

Seriously unless Wentz is traded to this team, which I doubt, what does he have to do with this thread?  That's the Philly's and whoever wants him issue to deal with.

It effects our QB search.

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

It effects our QB search.

Assuming Wentz was somehow being considered by us.  I know they said all options are available the other day but I'd be shocked if Wentz was ranked highly by Rivera and the front office.

It affects our search in the sense that there's one less QB off the board.  That's really it.

It's my hope that we could get Watson, although I don't think we will.  I'd be ok with Carr depending on what was given up.  I'll flip my **** if we draft a QB and I will go apoplectic if we somehow draft Justin Fields.   I can see Dan wanting to still somehow try and prove that he's the smartest guy in the room by going ahead and trying to make up for the Haskins fiasco by meddling and drafting another OSU quarterback.  I didn't want to believe the whole "don't draft an OSU quarterback" thing when we picked Haskins but the list is long and awful.  

Anyway, whatever.  I hope the Bears get Wentz and Jalen Hurts fails miserably.