Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

13 minutes ago, carex said:

younger, doesn't have the bad leg.  If he can give us Alex Smith level talent for six or seven years while Alex Smith can only give us Alex Smith level talent for a year then acquiring Carr puts us ahead theoretically

Yep, Carr has definitely grown on me as a very good option after we missed on Stafford. I would be pressing the Raiders on his availability, no way they want Carr and Mariota on the books in 2021.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Ability to withstand an NFL season is the critical way. 

Sam Darnold Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Nov 1, 2020 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Darnold re-injured his shoulder in the loss vs. Kansas City. He missed 2 games
Oct 1, 2020 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Darnold suffered a sprained shoulder in the loss vs. Broncos. He missed 2 games
Sep 12, 2019 NFL Cervical Throat Mononucleosis Darnold was diagnosed with mononucleosis and missed practices ahead of the Week 2 game against the Browns. He missed 3 games due to the illness
Nov 4, 2018 NFL Pedal Foot Sprain Darnold missed 3 games with a sprained right foot.
Sep 29, 2017 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Darnold dealt with an ankle injury for much of the 2017 season. He didn't miss any games but was pulled early from at least 1 game.
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Anselmheifer said:

Imagine drafting Darrisaw, Freiermuth, and a bell pen RB, and then landing Rodgers next year. 

The offense would be incredibly improved with just Rodgers. Same goes with a draft of those two guys and a bell cow or how about a serious slot guy

20 minutes ago, skinsfan_1215 said:

Ability to withstand an NFL season is the critical way. 

Actually neither has proven to be able to stay healthy. Darnold has never made it more than 13 games

I am not a Darnold fan but you got him for a 4th or 5th is probably worth a shot if the staff indeed believe they can fix him. 

1 minute ago, tmandoug1 said:

Sam Darnold Injury History

Date League Injury Details
Nov 1, 2020 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Darnold re-injured his shoulder in the loss vs. Kansas City. He missed 2 games
Oct 1, 2020 NFL Shoulder A/C Joint Sprain Darnold suffered a sprained shoulder in the loss vs. Broncos. He missed 2 games
Sep 12, 2019 NFL Cervical Throat Mononucleosis Darnold was diagnosed with mononucleosis and missed practices ahead of the Week 2 game against the Browns. He missed 3 games due to the illness
Nov 4, 2018 NFL Pedal Foot Sprain Darnold missed 3 games with a sprained right foot.
Sep 29, 2017 Non-NFL Pedal Ankle Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1 Darnold dealt with an ankle injury for much of the 2017 season. He didn't miss any games but was pulled early from at least 1 game.

Been banged and dinged up with no OL but non the less not like Wentz.  I'd stay away from.  We need Carr.

• Like 1

Just now, DWinzit said:

I am not a Darnold fan but you got him for a 4th or 5th is probably worth a shot if the staff indeed believe they can fix him. 

I agree. It’s not ideal, but as a low cost route, yeah, you just have to trust the FO judgment and roll with it....even though it is very uninspiring on the eye.

• Like 1

Yep on both points, Finlay reading this thread?

Where will Carson Wentz end up? From the moment new Eagles coach Nick Sirianni refused in his introductory news conference to guarantee that Wentz would be on the roster in 2021, the scramble for Wentz's new home began. While Philly is more than open to keeping him, it does appear that trading the former franchise QB is the more likely option. The Eagles have received significant interest, and quarterback-needy teams like the Colts and Bears are among several who have called general manager Howie Roseman. The Eagles may not get the haul the Lions did for dealing Stafford, but it should be significant.

Who will the Saints starting QB be? Drew Brees hasn't announced it yet, but this week's contract maneuver further solidified that he's moving to the next phase of his life. He's retiring. So, who is next? When it became clear that Stafford and Goff were available, it was noteworthy that Sean Payton's Saints called on neither. Barring a potential draft option, it appears that Payton is set to go into the season with Jameis Winston and Taysom Hill as his top two QB options. Winston is a free agent, but there is mutual interest in his return. Assuming he re-signs, Winston appears to have first crack at winning the starting job, as the team will see for real the improvement they saw in practice every day.

Will the Raiders trade Derek Carr? For the last few years, the answer has been a firm no. That may not be the case now. Teams have been calling the Raiders to gauge interest in trading for Carr, and at least right now, the team appears open to considering it in some form or fashion -- as long as it can replace him with someone on the same level. In reality, teams believe Las Vegas is open to dealing one of two QBs -- Carr or Marcus Mariota. Guaranteeing Nathan Peterman $1 million in 2021 was a sign they could part with another QB. Will someone make them an offer good enough?

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfl-quarterback-carousel-has-only-just-begun-to-spin?campaign=Twitter_atn

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

Me stating a 7th round shows you how much I don't like the guy.  He's Patrick Ramsey all over again.  Gun shy.  Same mental issues, IMO when Spurrier ruined him, SIP by letting Ramsey get killed by no OL.  I see Darnold the same way.

I don't like the guy either.  I'be probably trashed Darnold more than anyone on this thread.  And I'd hazard a guess I've watched more of him than the typical poster here.  The Jets get a lot of air time strangely in Florida. 

But I try to give any new regime some leeway early on as to their decisions.  We have no idea that they want Darnold by the way.  All Rapoport said was that we are poking around on QBs so he'd assume we'd poke around this one, too.  Will see.

Them probing about Goff surprises me.  Though I don't trust Rapoport completely.  He's the same dude who said Kirk was actually traded to the Browns during the draft.  I believe he also said at one point a Kirk-Romo trade was being considered or something else crazy like that one year. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Am I the only one surprised there aren't more rumors about Jordan Love being traded?  If they're going to stay with Rodgers, he's a guy I'd definitely be picking up the phone and inquiring about.  I'd much rather roll the dice on a guy like him than Darnold. 

Yeah, and they could use the return to get Rodgers the support he was looking for to begin with.  Seems like it would make some sense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I don't like the guy either.  I'be probably trashed Darnold more than anyone on this thread.  And I'd hazard a guess I've watched more of him than the typical poster here.  The Jets get a lot of air time strangely in Florida. 

But I try to give any new regime some leeway early on as to their decisions.  We have no idea that they want Darnold by the way.  All Rapoport said was that we are poking around on QBs so he'd assume we'd poke around this one, too.  Will see.

Them probing about Goff surprises me.  Though I don't trust Rapoport completely.  He's the same dude who said Kirk was actually traded to the Browns during the draft.  I believe he also said at one point a Kirk-Romo trade was being considered or something else crazy like that one year. 

In agreement with bolded stuff.  :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

Am I the only one surprised there aren't more rumors about Jordan Love being traded?  If they're going to stay with Rodgers, he's a guy I'd definitely be picking up the phone and inquiring about.  I'd much rather roll the dice on a guy like him than Darnold. 

Rodgers is gone after next year. Love was always seen as a developmental guy. This was the plan all along regardless of how well Aaron plays. 

8 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

Rodgers is gone after next year. Love was always seen as a developmental guy. This was the plan all along regardless of how well Aaron plays. 

Rodgers can force the situation this offseason if he wants. Coming off an mvp, he has the leverage.

I’d give up #19 for Love. If he were in this draft, I’d place him at QB4 ahead of Lance and Jones

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Why in the world would we chase after Tyrod Taylor, Sam Darnold, Fitzpatrick, Andy Dalton, or the other terrible free agent options when we have the equivalent, already in house, at a fraction of the cost? 

Sign Tyrod then if we draft a QB at 19, he'll probably turn into a apparent franchise guy (esp. if he replaces Tyrod because Tyrod gets hurt). Mayfield and Herbert couldn't beat him out at first (both ended up playing because Tyrod got hurt).  Allen came in the year after Tryod's last year with the Bills.

• Like 2