Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

2 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

As long as we are not one of those idiot FOs.

Some exceptions who experience inconsistent play early on, but odds are all QBs will suck, even “your favorite” (whoever that is that requires you to speculate). 

Edited by wit33

13 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Why do reporters even waste their time writing how the Seahawks are getting calls for Russ?  You need to use scientific notation to report the odds of that happening.

Actually, I saw something earlier in the season where Wilson is unlikely to re-sign with Seattle when his contract expires. The report was on NFL Network I believe and it made it sound virtually unlikely that Wilson would want to re-up in Seattle? Maybe that's where this is all coming from, the idea that Wilson won't re-sign there? 

Just a thought about Darnold.  No matter how bad he looks to some people, he's going to end up on a team, probably with a chance to start.  Looking back to 1990, the only first round QBs to bomb out and not go anywhere were Todd Marinovich, Jamarcus Russell and Johhny Manziel.

So that says to me, you have to suck AND be a total dumbass for that to happen.  From what I know, Darnold has only sucked

• Like 1

Having the best QB on the planet (current, not of all time) doesn’t matter when you are getting out classed by the other team and defense. Granted, they have a pretty special guy at QB, too. But it’s not all about the QB, folks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Having the best QB on the planet (current, not of all time) doesn’t matter when you are getting out classed by the other team and defense. Granted, they have a pretty special guy at QB, too. But it’s not all about the QB, folks.

Agreed we will find ours im hoping without having to give up draft picks

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RWJ said:

Now back to more important talk after this horrible SB game.  QB situation for the WFT. 

so i guess if we get the next available first ballot HOF QB this offseason then we should be ready to go!

Ok now its time to all-in for trading for Rodgers!

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

This is what the 1983 Raiders Super Bowl felt like, isnt it?

Actually that's a pretty good comp. The big difference I see is there was no reason to expect us to be shut down, but KC's OL problems at least portended some reason for concern in this one.

And we knew Tampa's defense was tough. The Raiders was never much more Ethan decent. But Mike Haynes hadn't played much before the postseason.

13 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We should have signed Brady last offseason. :)

I would refused to watch the NFL till he retired or left the team if we had.  I wouldn't root against us.  But with Brady I wouldn't root for us either. 

Just now, KDawg said:

That’s kind of ridiculous. 

well, his teams have been shown to cheat and I'm being sincere when I say he's made me wonder about the NFL.  Okay, maybe he's the best ever.  But in addition to seven rings he's also the only QB to win the Super Bowl in OT and the only QB to win the Super Bowl in his team's home stadium.  Those accolades will always be his and yet they're things that are at least partially out of the control of his ability

Just now, carex said:

well, his teams have been shown to cheat and I'm being sincere when I say he's made me wonder about the NFL.  Okay, maybe he's the best ever.  But in addition to seven rings he's also the only QB to win the Super Bowl in OT and the only QB to win the Super Bowl in his team's home stadium.  Those accolades will always be his and yet they're things that are at least partially out of the control of his ability

You have a lot of out there takes. And I applaud a lot of them because of your desire and ability to think outside the box despite the way many others think. 

However... this is wild. :ols:

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

You have a lot of out there takes. And I applaud a lot of them because of your desire and ability to think outside the box despite the way many others think. 

However... this is wild. :ols:

well, I don't follow conspiracy boards but I know I'm not completely alone in believing sports are fixed.  Don't forget the first Patriots Super Bowl win was the first Super Bowl after 9/11😜

Just now, carex said:

well, I don't follow conspiracy boards but I know I'm not completely alone in believing sports are fixed.  Don't forget the first Patriots Super Bowl win was the first Super Bowl after 9/11😜

Oh boy... I’m bowing out. Fixed? :ols:

He is the greatest of all time. Most skilled? Probably not. Best intangibles? Nope. A leader who has an extremely high football IQ and good enough tools to take advantage of his intelligence? Yup.

There isn’t a debate. He is the greatest. 

He has a better shot of making a conference title game than Steph Curry has of making a three.

Statistically he has a better chance of making a Super Bowl than Mike Trout has of getting a hit in an at bat.

Statistically, his odds of winning the Super Bowl are higher than most players batting averages in baseball in any given season (.333).

• Like 1