Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

28 minutes ago, method man said:

Rodgers can force the situation this offseason if he wants. Coming off an mvp, he has the leverage.

I’d give up #19 for Love. If he were in this draft, I’d place him at QB4 ahead of Lance and Jones

Love isn’t going anywhere.

My thoughts on Darnold: lots of people seem to think he’s got the goods regardless of his stats, that when reviewed are wholly uninspiring. He’s still young, has moxie, is mobile, known as an incredibly hard worker, and was originally a top 2 pick. Greeny seems to think he’s excellent, for whatever that is worth. Has thrown for just barely over 3k yards once and has never thrown for more than 19TD’s, has also missed 10 games in 3 seasons. 

For me it comes down to Scott Turner and the rest of the brain trust and how they feel about him. Obviously if they make a move for him, @Skinsinparadisewould be thrilled, so there is that. And it’d mean they feel he can flourish in our system. I don’t really see him atm as a sure fire upgrade to what we have, but they should know better then Us, so I can live with it I suppose. I don’t think he’s really the answer but QB is so tough to project imo. This is where I’d leave it to our experts and hope for the best. 
So to conclude: Who the hell knows, lol. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

They picked Love in Rodgers' career about the same time they got Rodgers in Farve's career.  The last time GB did not have a good QB was 1991.  I agree because the strategy of finding your next franchise guy before your current franchise guys is done, seems to work.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

The question here is how short do the Packers consider their window and do they think that they need that extra first round talent on the field rather than the QB in waiting. If they think they have two legit years left of Super Bowl contention with Rogers, it might make more more sense to go all in on building a team around him, especially since Rogers has been grumpy about the talent situation before.

Yep, maybe our supporting cast isn't as good as Tampa was but I watched the WFT beat Tampa the season before that.  You can rise fast with a QB.  Granted Brady isn't the average example of go get yourself a QB. :ols:

25 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

My thoughts on Darnold: lots of people seem to think he’s got the goods regardless of his stats, that when reviewed are wholly uninspiring. He’s still young, has moxie, is mobile, known as an incredibly hard worker, and was originally a top 2 pick. Greeny seems to think he’s excellent, for whatever that is worth. Has thrown for just barely over 3k yards once and has never thrown for more than 19TD’s, has also missed 10 games in 3 seasons. 

Not sure wherre the moxie narrative comes from.  Who is Greeny?

24 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

For me it comes down to Scott Turner and the rest of the brain trust and how they feel about him. Obviously if they make a move for him, @Skinsinparadisewould be thrilled, so there is that. And it’d mean they feel he can flourish in our system. I don’t really see him atm as a sure fire upgrade to what we have, but they should know better then Us, so I can live with it I suppose. I don’t think he’s really the answer but QB is so tough to project imo. This is where I’d leave it to our experts and hope for the best. 
So to conclude: Who the hell knows, lol. 

I will say, if there’s any redeeming factor it’s that the Jets organization has been absolute garbage since the moment he was drafted. That offense is as bad as it gets and when your primary weapon is Jamison Crowder it’s virtually impossible to thrive. Between the lack of weapons and Adam Gase I’m not holding failure against Sam just quite yet.

9 minutes ago, Burgold said:

The question here is how short do the Packers consider their window and do they think that they need that extra first round talent on the field rather than the QB in waiting. If they think they have two legit years left of Super Bowl contention with Rogers, it might make more more sense to go all in on building a team around him, especially since Rogers has been grumpy about the talent situation before.

If they were ever planning on going all with Aaron then they never would have drafted Love.  

4 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Yep, maybe our supporting cast isn't as good as Tampa was but I watched the WFT beat Tampa the season before that.  You can rise fast with a QB.  Granted Brady isn't the average example of go get yourself a QB. :ols:

Not sure wherre the moxie narrative comes from.  Who is Greeny?

Probably mike greenberg on espn, pretty sure he is a jets fan.

Edited by KillBill26

15 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

They picked Love in Rodgers' career about the same time they got Rodgers in Farve's career.  The last time GB did not have a good QB was 1991.  I agree because the strategy of finding your next franchise guy before your current franchise guys is done, seems to work.  

The key is to always have a bonafide HOF at QB to elevate your team around you so you never have to actually improve the talent and thus can waste first rounders.

15 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I suspect thinking in terms of windows is part of the reason so many teams suck and are willing to give up so much for guys who are not likely to help. It is mostly those teams that find a young franchise guy in the draft (or as a street FA in rare cases) and continually rebuild around him that seem to be the most successful.

Edited by Darth Tater

Just now, PartyPosse said:

If they were ever planning on going all with Aaron then they never would have drafted Love.  

I don't think that's necessarily so. They may have a BPA mentality and thought Love was head and shoulders above everyone else on their board. Besides, a good back up QB is an important position as we've seen in recent years.

1 minute ago, Burgold said:

I don't think that's necessarily so. They may have a BPA mentality and thought Love was head and shoulders above everyone else on their board. Besides, a good back up QB is an important position as we've seen in recent years.

Do you honestly believe that was the mindset? GB, with holes all over especially at WR, trades UP to grab a back-up QB who’s biggest knock is that he wasn’t nfl ready yet to fill a need?

JLC on Super Bowl pre game show:

Eagles aggressively shopping Wentz.  Bears and Colts most interested. 

Houston so far not interested in trading Watson.  May change by draft. SF, Carolina, and NYJ very interested. 

if NYJ gets Watson, they would trade Darnold.

Kyle Shanahan very high on Darnold.  If they got him, would trade Jimmy G.

Pats very high on a potential Jimmy G reunion.

Edited by Andre The Giant

9 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Yea, Yea, Yea, Yea...suuuuure you're not gonna trade Russell Wilson, Seahawks.

That's what the Texans are saying about Watson.

Do we have to wait until after the Superbowl to ask about Mahomes?  That's usually how it works for coaches.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, KillBill26 said:

Probably mike greenberg on espn, pretty sure he is a jets fan.

OK. 

https://clutchpoints.com/redskins-news-mike-greenberg-says-dwayne-haskins-was-the-best-qb-in-the-draft/

Mike Greenberg says Redskins rookie Dwayne Haskins was the best QB in the draft

https://buckeyeswire.usatoday.com/2019/04/19/mike-greenberg-defends-ohio-state-buckeyes-dwayne-haskins/

ESPN's Mike Greenberg comes to the defense of Dwayne Haskins

If you’ve been following all the buzz and news coming out as we lead up to the 2019 NFL Draft, you know that there are more and more negative things coming out about Ohio State quarterback Dwayne Haskins.

While some of it might just be posturing and a spin on what teams are planning to do, more and more chatter has the Heisman finalist dropping down the draft board.

Apparently Mike Greenberg of ESPN has had enough of all the talk and he’s beside himself in disbelief on some of the comments and analysis on Haskins. So much so that he came to his defense in a segment today on Get Up that he posted to his Twitter account.

You can hear Greenberg’s comments in their entirety below.

Forgive me if I repeat myself.
But this needed to be said again. @getupespn #NFLDraft #OSU pic.twitter.com/fT4pvw5dO0

— Mike Greenberg (@Espngreeny) April 19, 2019

Preach it Greeny. Sure sounds sensible to me. However, I have a feeling that Haskins will be off the board early in the first round. Don’t believe everything you’re hearing.

• Haha 3

Just now, jsharrin55 said:

Do we have to wait until after the Superbowl to ask about Mahomes?  That's usually how it works for coaches.

Can we hypothetically fantasize about Wilson though, for a second ?

What would you all give for Wilson ?

3 minutes ago, PartyPosse said:

May as well bring back Brissett while they're at it and see if Matt Cassel is interested in a coaching position.

Bledsoe makes the most sense.

Never got a fair shake in New England.

Loses his job due to injury...and to a 6th round pick, of all people.

Then kicked to the curb.

Give that man his dignity back, and his job, and his greatness.

That tweet below to me is a key point on Darnold, you aren't just betting on maybe, you likely got to bet on him being the dude.  Even Sheehan who is pushing this says you got to go all in and give him the big contract right away because you don't want to give up draft capital and then lose him, too. 

I rewatched most of the Jets-Browns/Jets Patriots games on coach's film this morning.  Watching him more closely, let me add another beef to his game -- staring at his first reads and big time so.  His eyes/body language all directed towards his target.  Maybe that could be fixed considering when it comes to getting picks, nothing helps more (aside from shaky accuracy which Darnold has too) than a Qb staring right at his targets.

I am not a big Mac Jones guy but i also don't mind him.  One thing I dig about him is he is good at manipulating safeties with his eyes/body language.  Darnold IMO isn't hot at using his eyes to manipulate safeties.  If you watch any of Peyton's QB specials he makes a real big deal about how he works on manipuating defenses with his eyes and body language

Screen Shot 2021-02-07 at 2.37.21 PM.png

50 minutes ago, Darth Tater said:

Its expensive though. The longer your 1st round QB sits the closer he gets to a new contract. They are paying big money for Rodgers and it looks like he can play another 3 or 4 years. If Rodgers play s4 more years they are going to be picking up Love's 5th year option without him ever playing any meaningful football. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

That tweet below to me is a key point on Darnold, you aren't just betting on maybe, you likely got to bet on him being the dude.  Even Sheehan who is pushing this says you got to go all in and give him the big contract right away because you don't want to give up draft capital and then lose him, too. 

I rewatched most of the Jets-Browns/Jets Patriots games on coach's film this morning.  Watching him more closely, let me add another beef to his game -- staring at his first reads and big time so.  His eyes/body language all directed towards his target.  Maybe that could be fixed considering when it comes to getting picks, nothing helps more (aside from shaky accuracy which Darnold has too) than a Qb staring right at his targets.

One thing about him, he's sneaky fast ;)