Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Having the best QB on the planet (current, not of all time) doesn’t matter when you are getting out classed by the other team and defense. Granted, they have a pretty special guy at QB, too. But it’s not all about the QB, folks.

Best QB.

Best QB all time.

So... the 2 best QBs in the superbowl. And its not about the QB? 100% disagree.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Best QB.

Best QB all time.

Did Mahomes play elevate the Chiefs despite their personnel issues?

Did the better physical QB and his team win tonight or did the leader with the better team win tonight?

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, carex said:

well, I don't follow conspiracy boards but I know I'm not completely alone in believing sports are fixed.  Don't forget the first Patriots Super Bowl win was the first Super Bowl after 9/11😜

Shhhh......go to sleep. Tomorrow things will be better.........shhhhhh.

9 minutes ago, carex said:

well, I don't follow conspiracy boards but I know I'm not completely alone in believing sports are fixed.  Don't forget the first Patriots Super Bowl win was the first Super Bowl after 9/11😜

Shhhh......go to sleep. Tomorrow things will be better.........shhhhhh.

I guess Eric Fisher was the Chiefs real MVP

11 minutes ago, carex said:

My buddy is a diehard Chiefs fan and he’s convinced the game was fixed. I can’t stand that loser mindset.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mooka said:

Best QB.

Best QB all time.

To be fair, that's an exaggeration of what he said.

Still, a guy has been a starter for three years, his team has been the best in the league over that time, to back to back Super Bowls, won one. Now he loses one in a game where he was hobbled, 4/5 of his OLine was out, and everything seemed to be going wrong. Losing to an all-time great QB.

To find some lesson devaluing the QB position on that basis seems..... well, let's call it "silly".

Edited by Rufus T Firefly
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Did the better physical QB and his team win tonight or did the leader with the better team win tonight?

Nope. Reid got his &@@ kicked from a game plan standpoint. Also, the Bucs are loaded. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Doesn't matter.

The 2 best QBs were in the Superbowl.

The next best QB lost to the other best QB prior to the Superbowl.

Facts.

1 minute ago, PartyPosse said:

My buddy is a diehard Chiefs fan and he’s convinced the game was fixed. I can’t stand that loser mindset.

It wasn’t fixed, but it was clear that those early calls against KC were suspect at best. Granted I still think the way TB played they win the game, but still... could have been a lot closer.

• Like 2

Just now, PartyPosse said:

I think Mahomes is machine that drives them. But Fisher is the cog that helps the machine work. 

The Chiefs D was also woefully outmatched. Their linebackers have been meh all season despite a good DL. Corners were okay all year but big interference problems. And their safety was undisciplined.

That sounds familiar to me. 

Football is a team game. And while Mahomes is extremely important, and the most important piece on that franchise, he cannot win games if the cast doesn’t help him. 

The idea that we should trade 3-4 firsts plus players plus seconds for a quarterback who isn’t as good as the guy who just proved that should be put to bed.

We need a QBto be long term competitive. Agreed there. But we can’t be hasty and make a rash decision.

2 minutes ago, Mooka said:

Doesn't matter.

The 2 best QBs were in the Superbowl.

The next best QB lost to the other best QB prior to the Superbowl.

Facts.

It does matter. But to each their own.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, SAli457180 said:

If Heinickie can go toe to toe with Brady and come up just short, Rivera and Co. need to think they have something here.  Just find another WR or two, then shore up the defense and let's roll.  

At the very least he should be given a chance to compete. Tampa’s defence could not figure him out like they did Brees, Rodgers ,and Mahomes. 

Well, the Super Bowl is over, and Taylor Heinicke looked a hell of a lot better against the Bucs than Patrick Mahomes did.

Heinicke
26 of 44, 59%, 306 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 46 yds rushing, 1 TD

Mahomes
26 of 49, 53%, 270 yds, no TDs, 2 Int, 33 yds rushing no TDs

Just saying.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ODU AGGIE said:

Well, the Super Bowl is over, and Taylor Heinicke looked a hell of a lot better against the Bucs than Patrick Mahomes did.

Heinicke
26 of 44, 59%, 306 yds, 1 TD, 1 Int, 46 yds rushing, 1 TD

Mahomes
26 of 49, 53%, 270 yds, no TDs, 2 Int, 33 yds rushing no TDs

Just saying.

Stop

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, KDawg said:

Having the best QB on the planet (current, not of all time) doesn’t matter when you are getting out classed by the other team and defense. Granted, they have a pretty special guy at QB, too. But it’s not all about the QB, folks.

As we're watching one future HOF play another future HOF, and when the Final Four this year was 3 Future HOF's and one guy who turned in a HOF season (Josh Allen)???

I hope it goes w/o saying that the lines matter, hell I've spent the past few years trying to create a new phrase, "being David Carr'd" to explain why you have to give your franchise QB an OL (and I will note, numerous sources gave the Bucs a fighting chance for one reason going in and that was that the chiefs would be starting only one OL from last year's group due to cluster injuries and covid etc and that issue proved out big time against the Bucs front (and shockingly, that secondary too). Regardless though, QB is the end all be all, period. The Bucs were a burning trash can last year, the only major move they made in the offseason was at QB (and getting Wirfs after a bunch of teams idiotically passed on the top 10 talent), and boom, they win a super bowl? Kinda underlines the point. 

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

This is what the 1983 Raiders Super Bowl felt like, isnt it?

No. '83 was much worse. The Chiefs were in this, repeatedly driving, they just couldn't score, and couldn't block to save their lives.

The '83 super bowl was a tour de force of errors: Blocked Punt recovered for a TD, Blocked PAT, Missed FG (you should get a ST's award for that troika), Pick 6 seconds before halftime, million yard, "there's no chance he runs around in circles 5 yards behind the los, then accelerates, turns the corner and makes that, holy ----, no, No, NOOOOO! Marcus Allen TD run, and all of this after we annihilated the Rams 51-7, beat Joe Montana w/some ref help in the playoffs, and beat that same Raider team in the regular season (well, minus Marcus Allen). Let's blame the wind though (which apparently was a major problem and a part of the Lester Hayes/Mike Haynes game plan. 

'83 was a nightmare where you went from supremely confident, to slowly developing fear, to horror, to inevitably, to emotional collapse. 

This game was in doubt for some until the fourth quarter when they finally accepted that yeah, the chiefs weren't going to switch to a short passing game fast enough to cope with the pass blocking issues etc (and the exhaustion of the D).

Edited by The Consigliere
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

1.Carr

2. Darnold

3. Rookie

That is my best guess.

My choice is Carr #1 too.  Up and downs with Darnold but if Zampese and Turner can get the best out of him and we draft an LOT, resign Scherff and have a healthy Moses for a year or two we might have something.  I am a huge Mac Jones fan and hope the WFT nabs him at #19 or if they have to move up a bit to get him.  

3 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I don't know what they see in Darnold.

But Carr would be my 1st Choice as well (out of the QB's who WOULD NOT cost us a king's ransom)

I think Carr with his stats is going for at minimum at 1st rounder and change.  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Hitman#21 said:

1.Carr

2. Darnold

3. Rookie

That is my best guess.

1.  Dak Prescott

2.  Jameis Winston

3.  Mitch Trubisky

4.  Derek Carr

5.  Sam Darnold

I like Carr but I honestly don't see much difference between Carr and Trubisky.  I think Trubisky will follow the same path to success as Carr.  Just a few years ago Carr was viewed as poorly as Darnold.  I would not give up a first for Carr.

• Like 1