Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for "Next Season"??? (I didn't bump this, but I ended up being wrong anyway....)

Renegade7

Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season(2021)???  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)???

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2
  2. 2. Rookie QB or Veteran QB for next season (2021)??? - (Feb 2020)

• Draft QB first round
    • Rookie QB from outside first round
    • Sign FA Veteran
    • Trade for Veteran
    • Stand Pat with one of the QBs we have on Roster, draft QB in 2022 Draft iinstead
    • I don't know
    • I don't care
    • I'm tired of 5 year development plans burned to the ground in less then 2

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

What do we really know about him as a prospect? We've had him for a full season and I have no clue what our coaches think of him? I like his college film that I saw.

Good question, and it just occurred to me, the wild fact that 3 out of the 4 QB's on our roster are UDFA's with little or no NFL experience

I may have a very unpopular opinion here, but we we just that stupid? We are trying to trade picks AGAIN for a QB for a team that went 7-9?

We have so many holes on our team. All lines of our back 7 on defense needs an upgrade. We need another WR, need some O-line help.

I'd rather we use some FA money to sign young guys like a Corey Davis, trade back in the draft to gain draft capital for the 2022 draft and sign Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 1 year deal.

Can we ever be patient for once? We have done this same routine like 10 times over, it is it the reason why I have never seen this team even have an 11 win season in my 30 years of existence

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, RWJ said:

I'm curious why Alex Smith isn't even on the list of QB's for that stat.

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/rankings?InjuryPredictorRankingsForm[position]=QB

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Dial tone ?

I would block the number, after that !

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Skins199021 said:

I may have a very unpopular opinion here, but we we just that stupid? We are trying to trade picks AGAIN for a QB for a team that went 7-9?

We have so many holes on our team. All lines of our back 7 on defense needs an upgrade. We need another WR, need some O-line help.

I'd rather we use some FA money to sign young guys like a Corey Davis, trade back in the draft to gain draft capital for the 2022 draft and sign Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 1 year deal.

Can we ever be patient for once? We have done this same routine like 10 times over, it is it the reason why I have never seen this team even have an 11 win season in my 30 years of existence

Out of the 9 losses, only 2 were true beat downs. The difference between the Bucs of 2020 and 2019 is primarily due the fact they didn't turn the ball over.

14 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

https://sportsinjurypredictor.com/rankings?InjuryPredictorRankingsForm[position]=QB

Dial tone ?

Either they figure Alex wasn't going to play or he is 100%

And yes block that damn number lol

11 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Dial tone ?

LOL, good luck with that Philly! 

The only QB I’d be willing to send off multiple first rounders for is DeShaun Watson.  Short of that, I say we continue to build the team through the draft (including a possible flier on a promising 2nd or 3rd round QB if they are there) and pick up a serviceable free agent QB to hold down the fort

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

Wentz is an injury waiting to happen...I don't even think he qualifies as "fools gold" because his numbers and intangibles have declined so fast. Stay away.

4 hours ago, Skins199021 said:

I would agree and another bad move like those you mentioned may be enough to have me just move on as a fan. At some point I think you have to give up if you see the same mistake repeated over and over. None of the moves the team has made in the past ever looked good when they made them, but somehow each turned out much, much worse. I'm hoping there's no real truth to such a move this offseason and its just random internet rumors.

4 hours ago, Darth Tater said:

Out of the 9 losses, only 2 were true beat downs. The difference between the Bucs of 2020 and 2019 is primarily due the fact they didn't turn the ball over.

Out of the 7 wins, only two were over the opposing team's starting QB (at least for a full game).

Edited by Jericho

I would give up a 3rd round pick for wentz and I’m in the minority here... but I absolutely love the guy and think this year was an anomaly. I think we could get him back on track and I like our backups if we can’t. I prefer Mariota or Carr but would be a fan  of this move if it’s a reasonable asset in the trade 

1 hour ago, mistertim said:

I don't know if I really see the purpose of bringing in Fitz or Taylor. Neither is going to be any sort of major upgrade over Allen and/or Heinicke. Fitz is a good locker room guy but on any given down he's just as likely to force a boneheaded interception as he is to make a great play. He's mediocre and incredibly streaky. Taylor is also completely blah as a passer. He has the added dimension of being able to run but it doesn't completely make up for it.

I was thinking along those same lines but then I thought about it from their perspective and I think they are more worried about just having healthy guys that can give them the same level of play as Allen and Heinicke at a minimum.

Ideally they would probably like to upgrade over those two but I think first priority is to avoid the nightmare scenario that worries them the most.

That scenario is being in the thick of the playoff hunt next year with a defense that is becoming Elite and not even being able to field an average QB because of injury or circumstance.  They must have someone reliable and healthy available or else  they could be royally screwed and no matter how good Allen or Heinicke could be they are not reliable enough to feel comfortable there.

They might need to put Allen on PUP and have Heinicke a vet and a draft pick to feel comfortable in this regard.

• Like 1

I don't think the eagles realistically think they can get anywhere near what they're supposedly asking for Wentz. 

This is starting to feel like that guy who puts a 2002 Chevy cavalier on Craigslist for 5 grand and says " no low ballers" they ask way too much hoping some idiot will give them 50 percent of their asking price and they can laugh all the way to the bank.

The eagles saw what the lions got for Bradford so they figure they'll start there and if someone offers a first and takes that contract off their hands they'll laugh all the way to the bank.

It'll be interesting to see if anybody falls for it.

Edited by redskinss

Unless we land Watson or Rodgers(a boy can dream ok?!!), we should Just roll with TH. Maybe draft a QB if one is there. I honestly also don’t mind Carr. He played lights out in del rios last year. But I wouldn’t give up more then just 1 1st and 2nd for him.

if we somehow trade for Darnold I will be protesting the ****ing results. I won’t stand idly by for that. How anyone can think he’s good is beyond me. Dude is TERRIBLE

Edited by redskins4ever28
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Wentz is an injury waiting to happen...I don't even think he qualifies as "fools gold" because his numbers and intangibles have declined so fast. Stay away.

I know...right?...how weird his decline was...off the cliff...and all the eagles I kno would be happy to get rid of his ass...n I quote...”I don’t give a **** about his ass. Shoulda [sic] ****ing got rid of his ass last year!”

1 hour ago, Skins199021 said:

I really think the hole we have is a QB. What would we be if we had a top 10 qb? That one weird numbers lady on nfl network did the math and the team that would benefit most from Watson was us. Raising our win total by 5.4.

i know that’s all kinda bs sports talk. But just think about that. A qb giving us 5 wins extra a year. It’s not that far out there to think it’s true. Our qb play has been atrocious. TH has by far been the best one and he lost both games he was in

2 hours ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

Winston has statistically outperformed every QB available in FA. He’s still young, and I believe has the most upside of all that will be available, if we do choose to roll with a FA.  I’ve said it before I’ll say it again, give me a giant roll of the dice w/ JW.. I’d also not expect him to be cheap.

I admit, I never seriously considered JW this offseason, mostly bc of the 30 int year had me mentally writing him off.  My initial thoughts were - If we are going to take a stab on a player with potential but warts, the fact that we have a strong defense makes me lean towards a qb who protects the football over a guy who forces throws, even if his passing volume stats are better.  But some of the pro JW points have me re considering.  It seems the 30 int year was an anomaly.  

I also questioned his leadership, and there seems to be mixed feedback according to the ever so accurate internet.  I know gerald mccoy questioned his leadership at one point in 2019, but coaches/FO were applauding his leadership in 2017 and 2019.  Take both with a grain of salt.  I still always think of his immaturity in college (crab legs, shouting towards reporter, etc), which probably shouldn't be weighed heavily considering that was years ago.

I still like taylor/mariota/fitz as "value" signings, but JW is an interesting option.  A concern is he struggled when teamed up with Evans and Godwin in arians scheme, now are we going to expect him to succeed throwing to wrs such as sims and wright in turners unproven scheme?  

A bit of a risk, but every option we have has a significant level of risk, taking a flyer on JW might be a better move than I originally thought.

• Like 2