Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - Washington Football Team at Cleveland Football Team

TK

Just now, Passizle said:

No, but the guy has cancer. Priorities and all that. I think he will resign unless this team makes a monumental turnaround under his leadership.

Unless his cancer takes a serious turn for the worse, I think you have a really poor read on the situation. He has no mandate to win now and has said its an evaluation year. He was not brought here to make the playoffs and certainly isn’t getting too much less out of this team than he expected.

But who knows.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Passizle said:

No, but the guy has cancer. Priorities and all that. I think he will resign unless this team makes a monumental turnaround under his leadership.

Don't see that happening.  The way they approached free agency signaled that they knew it would be a process and not a one year complete turn around.  Can't see Rivera leaving after one season - he's not that type of guy.  

Just now, ExoDus84 said:

This. His inability to throw deep combined with his penchant for staring down receivers is going to result in a turnover fest. Defense just jumping routes all day. 

yeah it seems like right now it’s mostly about receivers moving the ball with YAC 

if I recall he had the least completed passes over 10 yards in the NFL before this game or close to it. I haven’t counted the passes in this game but I’d hazard a guess that trend had continued today 

Just now, SAli457180 said:

Rivera will probably ride out the season with Haskins which will be painful to watch and then on to someone new next year.  

Agreed.  Rivera knows this team isn't going anywhere and needs to build.  Hopefully at some point we can draft a QB that shows promise.