Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Football Team vs Eagles Game Day Thread

TK

I'm confused why people thought this team was going to be so much better this year. I think we will absolutely see improvement. 

First drives do have a build up of nerves. But I think this is a basic view of what this team has that it's working with.

Offensive line is going to be a huge problem.

Linebackers and secondary are going to be a huge issue as well. 

I've seen some folks say the DL was underwhelming, and they certainly weren't great, but when the LBs don't flow properly, or tackle, it makes the DL look worse than they are. That is a very symbiotic relationship. 

This is the team, this has been the team. 

This may wind up being a team that winds up in position for Penei Sewell. We won't be able to evaluate Haskins appropriately given the state of the line.

But I do think this squad is going to be overall better. They will adjust. They will improve with experience and time... We may even see them get better drive by drive. 

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Bye Felicia 

and you repeated the violation with the quote, dummy, :) so go edit

same with anyone else quoting 'bad posts'--it's called rule 6

you all need to know that by now ;) 

i didn't realize this would also be a culling thread

How long are we supposed to be waiting on guys like Jonathan Allen & Payne to live up to all the excitement there was when drafted?  They aren't young anymore (by NFL standards).  I thought they both had pretty good rookie seasons that seemed to show potential for the future, but ever since then I really haven't seen any reason to believe that at the NFL level they are more than just JAG players.

Just now, KDawg said:

I'm confused why people thought this team was going to be so much better this year. I think we will absolutely see improvement. 

First drives do have a build up of nerves. But I think this is a basic view of what this team has that it's working with.

Offensive line is going to be a huge problem.

Linebackers and secondary are going to be a huge issue as well. 

I've seen some folks say the DL was underwhelming, and they certainly weren't great, but when the LBs don't flow properly, or tackle, it makes the DL look worse than they are. That is a very symbiotic relationship. 

This is the team, this has been the team. 

This may wind up being a team that winds up in position for Penei Sewell. We won't be able to evaluate Haskins appropriately given the state of the line.

But I do think this squad is going to be overall better. They will adjust. They will improve with experience and time... We may even see them get better drive by drive. 

I expected our defense to be better, for obvious reasons.  And they failed on the first drive.  Horribly failed.  

Archived