Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

4 hours ago, bearrock said:

Do the Snyders not have enough money to hire a competent PR firm or something?  I mean a new college graduate could probably do better. 

I gather they are too arrogant to do what they are told.  Because I can’t imagine anyone in PR, at any level, signing off on the messaging…and the re-messaging that tends to take place. I honestly can’t think of another example in all of pro sports that consistently puts its foot in its mouth than the top brass in Ashburn.  It’s remarkable, 20+ years of it in different capacities.

• Like 5

I've got a suspicion the PR firm is the one telling them to do this.

Snyder still sucks...like...a lot.  But I feel like he's maybe not clever enough to think of something so lame?  Does that even make sense?  Probably not, but neither does Snyder.

Edited by Alcoholic Zebra

They are banking on the teams success. If the team starts winning they can say - see what happens when we are actually involved? Those of us who have followed them very closely will know it's a bunch of bull****. But many who do not follow the details very well will likely buy it. It's a calculated risk, but really the only line they can take at this point. 

If the team doesn't start winning. look for a rinse and repeat - "well we started to get more involved but then things looked like they were turning around. But it's not working so we are going to really get involved this time."

Then when that fails, rinse and repeat. These type of people never take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. It's always someone else's fault. It's in their DNA. Once trash always trash. She may be more polished but still trash like Dan. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I gather they are too arrogant to do what they are told.  Because I can’t imagine anyone in PR, at any level, signing off on the messaging…and the re-messaging that tends to take place. I honestly can’t think of another example in all of pro sports that consistently puts its foot in its mouth than the top brass in Ashburn.  It’s remarkable, 20+ years of it in different capacities.

That would be my guess.  Jason Wright for example comes off like a bright guy.  I edit stuff from candidates at times in situations where sometimes they can't hide their contempt and they think they are clever by airing out their comtempt in a statements but think they save themselves by what they say after it.   The instinct is I'll apologize because I have to but I really don't mean it drill.  I tell them they aren't fooling anyone and I take the contempt out of the statement.  They typically let me edit it when I point it out. 

I'd be surprised if people in that building didn't have just basic 101 PR skills, I'd put money they get it but its Dan who doesn't get it and insists on the nonsense.  

The wild thing about Dan is he's not just a train wreck of an owner, he also has no clue how to hide it or defend himself or pretend to be a good owner, its beyond his grasp.  

• Like 6

20 hours ago, goskins10 said:

They are banking on the teams success. If the team starts winning they can say - see what happens when we are actually involved? Those of us who have followed them very closely will know it's a bunch of bull****. But many who do not follow the details very well will likely buy it. It's a calculated risk, but really the only line they can take at this point. 

If the team doesn't start winning. look for a rinse and repeat - "well we started to get more involved but then things looked like they were turning around. But it's not working so we are going to really get involved this time."

Then when that fails, rinse and repeat. These type of people never take responsibility for anything that goes wrong. It's always someone else's fault. It's in their DNA. Once trash always trash. She may be more polished but still trash like Dan. 

What would be interesting to watch, would be Tanya doing some good stuff with the team by doing the opposite of what here husband wants to do.

That would be priceless.

That's always kinda hard to tell the big boss that he's an asshole, and the only person that could do it is definately Tanya, and that's because of pillow power (the only one real true power in the world that really matters anyway).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

TV ratings were up on Sunday throughout the league, Sheehan speculating everywhere but here

It's going to take a lot more than good hires like Rivera and Wright to turn the tide. Honestly, I think the name change is a big part of this--WFT is so incredibly lame and boring. The crowd was better and more energetic, I thought. However, I fully expect it to be almost a road game on Thursday. I just feel like there is a lack of enthusiasm about this team that's going to take a long time to repair.

Lavar roasted Dan this morning on Outkick the Coverage.  I actually like Jonas Knox, Brady Quinn, and Lavar.  They have a good rapport.  Anyway, Dan is such an asshole.  He really truly is.  Lavar said he has no had no hard feelings towards anyone, or the team, except 'Litte Danny", or "Soft Hands" as he refers to him.  Dan really screwed Lavar over on a contract, when he was helping the team get under the cap, and told Lavar to pound sand in regards to correcting the contract.  Essentially that is why he left AND why he went to the Giants; to play us twice a year because of Dan.  There is a lot more to the story, but that is a very brief synopsis.  Snyder is honestly a cancer to our team.  He needs to stay as far away, as long as possible.  He is basically a horrible person.  A wretched entitled human. 

• Like 2

On 9/12/2021 at 2:56 AM, Wildbunny said:

What would be interesting to watch, would be Tanya doing some good stuff with the team by doing the opposite of what here husband wants to do.

That would be priceless.

That's always kinda hard to tell the big boss that he's an asshole, and the only person that could do it is definately Tanya, and that's because of pillow power (the only one real true power in the world that really matters anyway).

The problem is they are not really much different. She is just more polished in front of people. That whole line of the reason things were bad in Dan was NOT involved enough is telling. 

On 9/11/2021 at 2:07 PM, Skinsinparadise said:

I'd be surprised if people in that building didn't have just basic 101 PR skills, I'd put money they get it but its Dan who doesn't get it and insists on the nonsense.  

The wild thing about Dan is he's not just a train wreck of an owner, he also has no clue how to hide it or defend himself or pretend to be a good owner, its beyond his grasp.  

There's a school of thought amongst some of the rich and powerful that you should never admit any mistakes or liability, and that even if you lose you should claim that in fact you won. Say it often enough, and loud enough, and then enough people will believe you to allow you to carry on.

The reality is that people like Dan live in an entirely different world to the rest of us, they are so shielded from the consequences of their own actions that they don't even realise there are any consequences.

3 hours ago, goskins10 said:

The problem is they are not really much different. She is just more polished in front of people. That whole line of the reason things were bad in Dan was NOT involved enough is telling. 

I don't know here at al, so I can't judge in anyway, but my first thought would be that yes, she's alike.

But she's being put in front line here. She might react differently.

Wait and see I guess...

3 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

I don't know here at al, so I can't judge in anyway, but my first thought would be that yes, she's alike.

But she's being put in front line here. She might react differently.

Wait and see I guess...

She is the one the nanny had to sue for overtime wages. If was reported Danny did it but wifey is the one who abused the nanny on a daily basis. 

46 minutes ago, goskins10 said:

She is the one the nanny had to sue for overtime wages. If was reported Danny did it but wifey is the one who abused the nanny on a daily basis. 

Here's the original story. Imagine having the amount of money the Snyders have, and still being cheapskates when it comes to paying an employee...a trend we saw many times, just ask LaVar Arrington and Bruce Allen:

Nanny, $44,880; Redskins Owner, 0

By THE NEW YORK TIMES

A nanny who said that Daniel M. Snyder, owner of the Washington Redskins, had underpaid her won $44,880 last week when a Montgomery County Circuit Court in Maryland agreed that she had not been compensated for overtime hours she had worked.

Juliette Mendonca sued Mr. Snyder for $60,000 in overtime that she said she had earned while caring for the three children of Mr. Snyder and his wife, Tanya. This was on top of the $162,000 she was paid during that same period, from April 2003 to November 2004.

She testified that Mr. Snyder confronted her late one night in 2004, saying: “I pay you more than my Redskins park people! I can’t afford to pay you like this!”

Mr. Snyder, who is also chairman of the amusement park giant Six Flags, did not take the stand. But his wife testified that Ms. Mendonca could not have worked all the hours she claimed. They offered her a $65,000 salary, but she refused it, preferring to work on an hourly basis, the couple’s lawyer said.

The jury did not explain how it arrived at the amount of the award, according to Ms. Mendonca’s lawyer, Frank J. Coviello, but it rejected her demand for damages of $180,000 in the case.

There is no word so far on whether the Snyders will appeal.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I don't see anything in that article about Tanya Snyder abusing her on a daily basis.

Abusing her hours by making her work overtime without paying her. Tanya is the one who ran the house which is why she testified instead of Dan. And yes, that is abuse.

• Thanks 1

On 9/7/2021 at 4:43 PM, Voice_of_Reason said:

Bruce can be the worst GM in the league AND Jay can be one of the worst coaches in the league. 

How did a team with the worst GM in the league and one of the worst head coaches in the league, go .500 for three years in a row?  We should have gone 3-13, 1-15, 0-16 like the Browns did those three years.

6 minutes ago, Tsailand said:

How did a team with the worst GM in the league and one of the worst head coaches in the league, go .500 for three years in a row?  We should have gone 3-13, 1-15, 0-16 like the Browns did those three years.

Tsailand up in here fighting the good fight of 2018 in 2021.  Just let them believe they were right, my man.  🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Did NFLN show one shot of Snyder’s suite last night? I could be wrong but i dont think they did, and usually there’s a closeup of Snyder at some point during a primetime game. And especially with all the stuff that went on this offseason, I’m surprised it wasn’t a topic, or at least to show the co-owner Qween Tanya 😂