Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

53 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

@Cooleyfan1993 DEA raiding team facility = related to the team. Has something to do with the team.

It might, and it really might not.  If he was playing it fast and loose with drug regulations, it's possible he did it from the facility, because that's literally where he was.  So even if there is not one iota of evidence to suggest the team or players had anything to do with it, it would be extremely fair for the DEA to search his office and area of work.

i have no idea if there is any connection or not.  Frankly, it just looks bad and sketchy.  And where there is smoke, there is normally fire.

I remember when I was a wee young thing sitting in cube-land at a big consulting firm, the doors were busted open and Fairfax County Police came in and searched the cube of a guy who sat near me.  He had been arrested on some drug charges, and they were going through his "office" for any evidence they could find.  They took his computer.  And scared the living hell out of a 22 year old me.  

20 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Can an athletic trainer prescribe medications in any capacity?

Well, after a little half-assed internet research, (I looked at his LinkedIn page) it looks like he has nothing more than a Bachelors degree from the University of Miami. Which would lead you to believe, no, he could not himself prescribe medication.  

I checked with a few doc friends, and they confirmed that.  Now, might he have some certifications which are not public?  Sure.  

I do feel for Rivera in the sense that he's obviously trying his best to fix things (ie the black cloud story). But you can't fix everything that has been broken with this franchise. And there is one common denominator....Dan ****ing Snyder.

I used to think that eventually he'd get his **** together, learn from the other owners, and fall in line. But as I recently told my son (blrss his heart, I raised him to be a fan), I truly believe now that we are doomed as long as he owns this franchise.

Hey Dan, if you truly love something, you sometimes have to let it go.

You putz.

HTTR!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mojo said:

I’m not sure how you lay this at Snyder’s feet? This was Rivera’s handpicked guy. He’s been with him for 18 years and brought him from Carolina as one of his first hires. 

Yeah. 

I'm about as anti-Snyder as they come and I think Rivera needs to own anything that comes from this. I'm not saying he knew anything about it, but even so, the best case here is that Rivera completely misjudged someone's character and brought him over to help with a culture overhaul. 

1 minute ago, mojo said:

I’m not sure how you lay this at Snyder’s feet? This was Rivera’s handpicked guy. He’s been with him for 18 years and brought him from Carolina as one of his first hires. 

Not necessarily laying this particular incident at Snyders feet, per se. However, this is simply a culmination of douchebaggery that has happened under his stewardship.  

I reckon you could say he continues to be the black cloud that hovers over this team regardless of what tomfoolery occurs. At the end of the day, it's still on him as he's the owner (and tanya lol) and they prove time and again they are useless and a detriment to the team we love.

HTTR. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Yeah. 

I'm about as anti-Snyder as they come and I think Rivera needs to own anything that comes from this. I'm not saying he knew anything about it, but even so, the best case here is that Rivera completely misjudged someone's character and brought him over to help with a culture overhaul. 

I mean, I’d say placing him on administrative leave (or whatever it was called) was owning anything that comes from it, or at least it’s a good start. Even if he didn’t know anything about it (which my guess is he didn’t), Ron has to fire him if the investigation concludes that vermillion DID do what he’s accused of 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

I mean, I’d say placing him on administrative leave (or whatever it was called) was owning anything that comes from it, or at least it’s a good start. Even if he didn’t know anything about it (which my guess is he didn’t), Ron has to fire him if the investigation concludes that vermillion DID do what he’s accused of 

No, I'd agree. I think Rivera is handling the situation fine. All I mean is that this is a Rivera, not Snyder, mess...regardless of how big a mess you believe it to be. It's almost certainly as innocent as he misjudged someone he thought he could trust. But it's HIS mistake, not Snyder's. And that's VERY difficult for me to admit for the owner. :)

Im sorry if this is in the wrong thread since it's a new staff, coaches ownership topic etc... but what's going on with Jon Gruden and what he said an a email back in 2011 where it has the media's attention. He sent that email to Bruce Allen our GM at the time. If Snyder is aware of this, and knew and didn't do anything about it how much can Snyder hide with the things he did as an owner of this team?

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Im sorry if this is in the wrong thread since it's a new staff, coaches ownership topic etc... but what's going on with Jon Gruden and what he said an a email back in 2011 where it has the media's attention. He sent that email to Bruce Allen our GM at the time. If Snyder is aware of this, and knew and didn't do anything about it how much can Snyder hide with the things he did as an owner of this team?

What a ****ing surprise.  The only racist email thats emerged from the NFL ever was sent to Bruce Allen?  This is my shocked face.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, RedskinsVa7 said:

Snyder is a guy that luckied into being rich and then luckied into buying the Redskins. But the guy clearly don't know how to manage anything.

Now he's still wealthy because the team and the NFL is preventing him from bankruptcy. Otherwise he's got 0 for him if he get canned out of the NFL.

• Thumb up 1

11 hours ago, 86 Snyder said:

What a ****ing surprise.  The only racist email thats emerged from the NFL ever was sent to Bruce Allen?  This is my shocked face.

the 'snyder' touch...it turns anything touched into ****

• Like 5
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

"

The league reportedly became aware of the email during its investigation of the Washington Football Team. Gruden was communicating with former Washington CEO Bruce Allen, who worked with Gruden in Tampa and Oakland. In 2011, Gruden worked as the main analyst for Monday Night Football.

The WFT investigation resulted in a review of, per the report, more than 650,000 emails. Earlier this week, a summary of that review was presented to Commissioner Roger Goodell. The league said it will be sharing emails regarding Gruden to the Raiders."

That's a lot of emails...

Like everyone I got my share of things wrong.  Not this though.  If I could have a dollar for everyone who told me i was too tough on Bruce and he wasn't that bad.  The Allen legacy hasn't aged well on a number of fronts.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb up 1