Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

You said it best.

When I said I was hopeful for Tanya, I meant that basically anything but Dan should be a breath of fresh air.  I've laughed at her being injected into things even before they became 'official' because it was so obviously a farce.  But I did think she couldn't possibly make things worse and yet here we are, listening to her point fingers and pretend all the Snyders needed was more power.  I mean my god, I just can't even...

I listened to the interview again and it came across worse the second time.  To the extent, that I'm shocked how poorly she came off.  It might as well have been Dan doing the interview.

They are married for a reason. Anyone that can put up with Dan is probably not much better themselves.

I've been joking about Qween Tanya taking over and giving her nicknames but at the end of the day we all knew this was one big joke to cover up a toxic workplace story. 

• Like 2

lol, I got to get to listening to that interview at some point today, been bogged down with podcasts and radio about the upcoming game instead but I'll get to it.

Purely based on some of the quotes I saw, among them, the most amusing me is the one about how they could have just high tailed out of this and just enjoy their yacht as if they are making such a big sacrifice as to keeping ownership.

The thing is:

A.  A football team is a cash cow.  It's the only business perhaps that Dan can foul up and still make money unlike some of his other failures in recent years.  So financially its a windfall for them to stay the course.

B.  Many have said this is Dan's passion, it makes him feel like he's somebody who could hobnob with famous people, etc.  Supposedly that's a big deal to him where he loved to go to Vegas back in the day with Portis or break bread with Tom Cruise.  This is his life.  It's his social life, too, apparently.  Giving this up would be devastating to him according to some supposedly in the know. 

It's no sacrifice.  And I'd hazard a guess that 95% of fans would love to see them go.  

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

They are married for a reason. Anyone that can put up with Dan is probably not much better themselves.

This was always the thought in the back of my head in the past when folks would bring up Tanya's contributions to the league and how great of a person she is.  There was even some chatter about how Tanya couldn't possibly know anything about all the sexual harrassment allegations because she wouldn't stand for it, which appears to have rooted from this image that she was a great woman that happened to be married to a pathetic man.  I find it hard to believe that such a wholesome, great person could A. marry and stay married to Dan Snyder and B. spend the entire Adam Schefter interview pointing fingers and absolving her family of any blame.

• Like 2

its similar to the BR article, this part seems like an addition

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/09/08/wft-beth-wilkinson-lawsuit-documents/

Just days after the team hired Wilkinson, she had a phone conversation with Donovan, according to a declaration he filed, in which it appears they discussed the 2009 allegation and his involvement overseeing the ensuing investigation.

“I told Ms. Wilkinson that I drafted the Report and conducted an investigation with outside counsel,” Donovan stated. According to his declaration, the firm Donovan hired to investigate was WilmerHale, where he worked as a partner before and after his tenure with the team.

Donovan next spoke with Wilkinson in October, when she contacted him for an interview as part of her investigation. Donovan declined, citing the confidentiality of the settlement agreement. A few weeks later, he sued Wilkinson, seeking an injunction that would have prevented her from sharing information relating to the 2009 allegations and ordered her to destroy any related documents in her possession.

In court filings, Donovan and his lawyers repeatedly expressed concerns that Wilkinson would write a report damaging to his reputation and that he would be prohibited from publicly defending himself because of confidentiality obligations.

In her responses, Wilkinson accused Donovan of interfering with her investigation and suggested he was acting on someone else’s behalf.

“He is improperly bringing this litigation as a proxy … obstructing the independent investigation designed to uncover the truth,” lawyers for Wilkinson wrote in November.

The redacted documents don’t indicate on whose behalf Wilkinson thought Donovan was acting with his lawsuit, but they suggest Donovan had the assistance of lawyers working for Snyder in his efforts. In his lawsuit against Wilkinson, Donovan attached the opinions of two legal experts. The experts were retained by A. Scott Bolden and Jordan Siev, lawyers at Reed Smith law firm who represent Snyder personally. Bolden and Siev did not reply to requests for comment Wednesday.

Donovan’s concerns about Wilkinson’s final investigative report were unrealized. In July, the NFL announced that it had fined the team $10 million for its “toxic” workplace culture but would release no detailed findings from her investigation.

In contrast to prior NFL investigations, the league directed Wilkinson only to provide her findings verbally, not in a written report. In a news conference in July, Lisa Friel, the league’s special counsel for investigations, declined to answer questions about any specific accusations, including the 2009 allegation made against Snyder.

Friel’s name surfaced in documents released Wednesday. She submitted a 22-page declaration, in support of Wilkinson, in November. In it, Friel described her professional background as a former sex crimes investigator and prosecutor, and she affirmed that Wilkinson had the authority to do a “full, unbiased investigation.” Much of the rest of Friel’s declaration, including several entire pages, was redacted.

8 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

This was always the thought in the back of my head in the past when folks would bring up Tanya's contributions to the league and how great of a person she is.  There was even some chatter about how Tanya couldn't possibly know anything about all the sexual harrassment allegations because she wouldn't stand for it, which appears to have rooted from this image that she was a great woman that happened to be married to a pathetic man.  I find it hard to believe that such a wholesome, great person could A. marry and stay married to Dan Snyder and B. spend the entire Adam Schefter interview pointing fingers and absolving her family of any blame.

For me, got no idea if she's a better person than Dan.  But If I had to guess, I'd say yes, because that's a very low bar.   I do think she comes off more likeable purely as a speaker and more articulate from what I've seen thus far.  But I haven't listened to that recent interview yet so maybe my mind will change.   

For now, I am taking Sheehan's view on this to some degree.  Mainly because he doesn't gossip that much and when he does he pretty much always nails it.  And Sheehan despises Snyder and thinks he's a big time loser.  It's not that he's sold on Tanya at all but he's said for those he knows who have interacted with both -- Dan lives up to his reputation as being a jerk whereas Tanya comes off much nicer.   

In my view, it doesn't though mean anything whether she's better, the same or worse than Dan because I don't buy that she's anything but a cosmetic false change given to fans to say hey if you don't like me, here's my wife.  The whole thing clearly is a ruse.    

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me, got no idea if she's a better person than Dan.  But If I had to guess, I'd say yes, because that's a very low bar.   I do think she comes off more likeable purely as a speaker and more articulate from what I've seen thus far.  But I haven't listened to that recent interview yet so maybe my mind will change.   

For now, I am taking Sheehan's view on this to some degree.  Mainly because he doesn't gossip that much and when he does he pretty much always nails it.  And Sheehan despises Snyder and thinks he's a big time loser.  It's not that he's sold on Tanya at all but he's said for those he knows who have interacted with both -- Dan lives up to his reputation as being a jerk whereas Tanya comes off much nicer.   

In my view, it doesn't though mean anything whether she's better, the same or worse than Dan because I don't buy that she's anything but a cosmetic false change given to fans to say hey if you don't like me, here's my wife.  The whole thing clearly is a ruse.    

A bar so low you couldn't trip over it in the dark........

I don't know Tanya, kinda figure she's ok with whatever lets her stay married to the money, but the one miniscule ray of sunshine in this is that she might not be willing to make a public ass of herself like TheDan or screw up the franchise just because of her ego and insecurities.

THAT'S the low bar

16 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

For me, got no idea if she's a better person than Dan.  But If I had to guess, I'd say yes, because that's a very low bar. 

I agree and I'm not saying Kevin is wrong about her being more likable and a better communicator than Dan.  As you said that's a very low bar.

But as far as who she actually is as a person, basing this off her interview with Schefter, she's entirely too much like her husband.  He kept giving her chances and she failed to deliver each time.  Just more of the poor Snyders lacking the control they needed to do things right (as majority owner who notoriously interjects in team dealings) and not a mention of how the culture they own negatively impacted so many people.  She couldn't even pretend to care about others, even though Schefter gave her chances.  I'm sure when you listen, you'll feel the same.  Tough to take away anything from it other than just more of the same ole, same ole - just a different face.

• Like 1

I find Tanya to be very secretive. It's impossible to find her maiden name for example, there are no stories about her background. I'd be surprised if WaPo doesn't do some digging and come up with a piece about her. 

Googling her name last week led to very little. Now every news outlet is talking about how she made the scandal about how it was hard on her and her family. 

7 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I find Tanya to be very secretive. It's impossible to find her maiden name for example, there are no stories about her background. I'd be surprised if WaPo doesn't do some digging and come up with a piece about her. 

Googling her name last week led to very little. Now every news outlet is talking about how she made the scandal about how it was hard on her and her family. 

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/07/dan-snyder-wife-tanya-snyder/
"Prior to the couple marrying on April 30, 1994, Snyder was a fashion model known as Tanya Ivie. Snyder is a native of Atlanta, Georgia."

Just now, slinky said:

https://heavy.com/sports/2020/07/dan-snyder-wife-tanya-snyder/
"Prior to the couple marrying on April 30, 1994, Snyder was a fashion model known as Tanya Ivie. Snyder is a native of Atlanta, Georgia."

How dare you, sir! Lol thanks. 

Also interesting to see her in that renaming clip. 

Edited by Florgon79

10 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

Now every news outlet is talking about how she made the scandal about how it was hard on her and her family.

I haven't been watching to see or hear it, but I'm glad they are taking her to task for it.  It's as if the Snyder family is out to ruin football for me.  My fandom is already tainted by their ownership, by not allowing me to be as emotionally attached to the team as I once was.  We finally think the clown will have to pay for his misdeeds and yet all we get is the female version of him until the coast is clear for him to continue being him.  I'm starting to see why some folks are finding it hard to separate football from the Snyders.  Ugh.

• Like 2

"And yes, she thought he was sexy. "He's not the tallest guy in the world, but I thought he was cute," she says. They clicked. After she returned to Atlanta, he sent roses all the time: One bouquet was so big it wouldn't fit through her door."

• Haha 1
  • Thumb down 1

3 minutes ago, slinky said:

"And yes, she thought he was sexy. "He's not the tallest guy in the world, but I thought he was cute," she says. They clicked. After she returned to Atlanta, he sent roses all the time: One bouquet was so big it wouldn't fit through her door."

There really needs to be a "puke" reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, LD0506 said:

A bar so low you couldn't trip over it in the dark........

I don't know Tanya, kinda figure she's ok with whatever lets her stay married to the money, but the one miniscule ray of sunshine in this is that she might not be willing to make a public ass of herself like TheDan or screw up the franchise just because of her ego and insecurities.

THAT'S the low bar

Agree super low bar.  I am not saying this with hyperbole just to make a point -- I genuinely believe that any reasonable person with a small amount of business sense and decent people skills would do a much better job than Dan.  

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I haven't been watching to see or hear it, but I'm glad they are taking her to task for it.  It's as if the Snyder family is out to ruin football for me.  My fandom is already tainted by their ownership, by not allowing me to be as emotionally attached to the team as I once was.  We finally think the clown will have to pay for his misdeeds and yet all we get is the female version of him until the coast is clear for him to continue being him.  I'm starting to see why some folks are finding it hard to separate football from the Snyders.  Ugh.

I get that.  I just have to forget about it when I am watching football but I get the ones who checked out.  As a lifelong Yankee fan who got decades of Steinnbrenner, I am used to it so maybe that helps me comparmentalize.    The thing that drives me more than anything is I have so many memories with this team along with a deep family connection to rooting for it -- that I hang on to that and tell myself I am not going to let Dan ruin that for me. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Florgon79 said:

I find Tanya to be very secretive. It's impossible to find her maiden name for example, there are no stories about her background.

Took like two minutes to to find out her name was Tanya Ivey. Her dad worked in computers. Grew up in the Atlanta suburbs. Was previously married for two years, and was a commercial and print model.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Spearfeather said:

Took like two minutes to to find out her name was Tanya Ivey. Her dad worked in computers. Grew up in the Atlanta suburbs. Was previously married for two years, and was a commercial and print model.

She left her first marriage for DAN?? Why 😂😂😂 if i didnt before, I’m definitely questioning her life choices now. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Spearfeather said:

I found all the other info, just couldn't find her maiden name for some reason. But thanks. 

the last couple pages here has been interesting--in a good way---with the hard takes on tanya (and 'ownership' at large still)

this isn't 'personal' of course or meant to be hostile in any way, just objective (through the subjectivity of my judgments/values) and blunt

fyi---i haven't watched any of tanya snyder's pressers :o

let's review: she's been married to the same dan that dan has been all this time and we never heard a peep from her as to any of the team's issues before they needed an across-the-board pr makeover before everything went totally terminal

why had she not been 'there' in some more visible capacity before?

becuase it wasn't 'her place' or 'part of her business'  to comment publicly?

and now all of a sudden it's time for her to take this key role because she's been 'studying up' for it and there's the need football-wise or business management wise ?

no, because it's necessary at a vital pr level to protect the $$$

it could be said she has been part of the crapfest by complicity and choice all along in that way, and whitewashing, pr spinning, and 'being a better media face for the org' (diversity!) isn't all that out-of-the-box redemptive for the ownership imv...but to all that actually  has been and will be redemptive to date, i will credit ron and his people in the fo and the rest of his staff, and will give credit to dan for hiring him and for how much he gets and stays out of the way 

understand i believe tanya snyder is a very intelligent and competent person with her share of well-developed skills and assets, as indicated over the years when she has spoken on various matters at times, but all that didn't get her chosen to be the new 'ceo' type face of the org---we know what did

from what i see and hear from most fans, and while anything is an improvement over dan in that role, it is still lipstick on a pig (ownership wise) at this point

ron's culture being dominant over the team, and winning on the field for a few seasons is what it will take for this team to be credible and respected again

window-dressing pr, team name games, and a newly-discovered embrace of 'diversity', isn't going to cut it 

but we all appreciate the 'keep dan out of things' moves, and most seem to agree that tanya snyder is a vast improvement over dan as a public face,  and while agreement may drop off on this next thought, there may be potential for her to evolve into another useful force for actual improvement of the overall 'product' in ways that really helps we fans...it's a hope :) 

if tanya snyder stays in this role, grows and evolves with it over time, and the team continues steadily improve in every way, then the accolades will come her way in volume and with sincerity, and they will have been earned at such a point

• Like 5