Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 hours ago, Anselmheifer said:

I thought the play calling sucked last night. We ran the ball up the guy about 15 times for a total of about 1 yard. I was screaming about it by run 7 or 8. We obviously weren’t going to be able to make hay there. Run outside zone. Pass it. Jesus. So frustrating. 

You have to keep trying the run to keep the defense honest. Gibson's injury reduced their rushing options. I agree that there were some rushing plays that I wouldn't have called. Ultimately, the rushing game was weak all season. They need to address this in the offseason in some fashion, even if they don't intend to be a rushing-first team.

6 minutes ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

This would be the perfect time to introduce a name.  The franchise is riding high. 

No.  You wait until the investigation is over.  IF the investigation leads to Snyder being forced to sell later this year; you want the new owner to decide.

If Snyder remains, then you need something positive to counteract the hammer; the NFL will bring.  I still expect a fine and loss of draft picks and probably a suspension of Snyder for a while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rdskns2000 said:

No.  You wait until the investigation is over.  IF the investigation leads to Snyder being forced to sell later this year; you want the new owner to decide.

If Snyder remains, then you need something positive to counteract the hammer; the NFL will bring.  I still expect a fine and loss of draft picks and probably a suspension of Snyder for a while.

No justification for loss of draft picks.  None.  Has nothing whatsoever to do with competition on the field.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RichmondRedskin88 said:

This would be the perfect time to introduce a name.  The franchise is riding high. 

With the popularity of Heineke and the birth of the Hive, I think the only option is to go with the Washington Killer Bees. 

14 minutes ago, Burgold said:

I'm still rooting for Kyle Smith to take that job. If they're worried he can't handle all the duties then treat GM like CEO and get him a CFO.

We already have a cap guy. Forget his name but he was with Ron in Carolina and he took over the old Eric Schaeffer role.  

From JLC:

Washington to begin restructure

The restructuring of the Washington Football Team is about to begin and include a search for multiple personnel executives to assist Ron Rivera in his vision to reshape the franchise.

I continue to hear the WFT will seek to speak with 49ers executive Martin Mayhew, a former player in Washington, as well as former Panthers GM Marty Hurney, who began his scouting career in Washington. Owner Dan Snyder also thinks very highly of Colts executive Morocco Brown, who was in personnel with the WFT for years previously, and Jimmy Raye of the Lions is another name I continue to hear connection with the potential opening there. Regardless, I anticipate the team jumping wholeheartedly into the search process early this week, especially with the market already more crowded than it's been in years for general managers.

It would make a lot of sense for them to reach out to former Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, who has extensive experience and a great resume and works very well with others. Surprised more teams have not given McKenzie a legit shot in this cycle, although there is still time for that to change.

Edited by Andre The Giant

1 minute ago, Andre The Giant said:

From JLC:

Washington to begin restructure

The restructuring of the Washington Football Team is about to begin and include a search for multiple personnel executives to assist Ron Rivera in his vision to reshape the franchise.

I continue to hear the WFT will seek to speak with 49ers executive Martin Mayhew, a former player in Washington, as well as former Panthers GM Marty Hurney, who began his scouting career in Washington. Owner Dan Snyder also thinks very highly of Colts executive Morocco Brown, who was in personnel with the WFT for years previously, and Jimmy Raye of the Lions is another name I continue to hear connection with the potential opening there. Regardless, I anticipate the team jumping wholeheartedly into the search process early this week, especially with the market already more crowded than it's been in years for general managers.

It would make a lot of sense for them to reach out to former Raiders GM Reggie McKenzie, who has extensive experience and a great resume and works very well with others. Surprised more teams have not given McKenzie a legit shot in this cycle, although there is still time for that to change.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-insider-notes-texans-many-troubles-put-coach-search-under-scrutiny-washingtons-next-steps-and-more/

What would the GM do beyond scouting that's separate from Ron's responsibility and Jason's responsibility and the cap guy's responsibility?

7 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

I don't recall anyone saying this about Gruden.

Because Gruden would have signed Reid so quickly. I remember the Blackman signing and good as it was, i ws thinking this is not going to help us in the long run. I wanted to see us give time to younger guys but nope, not our philosophy. 

• Like 1

Just now, ananoman said:

Let’s just hope that Dan Snyder is now in a role similar to the Queen of England- a figure head who is briefed on the goings on but no real power to do anything 

As a 1st gen Indian-American, both my homeland and my motherland waged bloody struggles to free themselves of the tyranny of the British monarchy. So, this is a very apt analogy to me!