Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

Right...that's the part I hate. If you want to follow the team despite the owner, I get it. But the folks who say "Oh here goes the WaPo again" 

I'm thinking "yeah, here they go covering a billionaire who's wronged dozens of his former employees with no repercussions!"

Agreed.

It's always a 'witch hunt' to some.  Which I'll say okay to that, but that means witches are real, and Dan Snyder is a witch.  Because yes - they do have an agenda and yes - Dan makes it easy for them to check things off on that agenda.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ntotoro said:

Ooh fah... imagine the medical staff of last year and how different it would be with them in place. You’d have to field the radio crew to have a full 53.

I bet Gruden is a Covid denier. Nothing to base that off of except his idiot brother who still doesn't know how to wear a mask properly.

Smith is already VP of Player Personel. What makes you think he would stay behind a new GM and wait his turn in the same role he is already in after he’s proven his ability 3 straight years? Just about every offseason acquisition in his first year on the job has outplayed their contract by a mile.

You either promote him to GM, or expect him to take that job somewhere else. 

• Like 3

Just now, Skin'emAlive said:

Smith is already VP of Player Personel. What makes you think he would stay behind a new GM and wait his turn in the same role he is already in after he’s proven his ability 3 straight years? Just about every offseason acquisition in his first year on the job has outplayed their contract by a mile.

You either promote him to GM, or expect him to take that job somewhere else. 

A GM is more than a scouter.  Him hitting some good draft picks doesn’t qualify him  as a GM.  Don’t you think if Ron thought he had the qualifications he would have given his blessing to Snyder? When has Ron ever tried to hold a person back. 

• Like 1

Not sure but I think a lot of that is all around the super bowl.

Possibly DPOTY, ROTY, Gibson could have been in the running for OROTY, Coach of the year, comeback player of the year.

Plus, making a mistake and immedietlly correcting it (Sean Davis), talented trouble makers (Guise) cut asap, Moving on from Dwayne.

4 QBs saw the field for us and we're in the playoffs. Everyone bought into it and play unselfish team ball.

Culture change indeed.

• Like 4

Stefanski also got his team eliminated by not taking Covid seriously. Rivera wins it Easy. 

Gibson had no shot at offensive rookie of the year. Herbert is the real deal. Jefferson has been incredible. I still celebrate lauries decision to go with Raegor over him. 

Edited by Skin'emAlive

30 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Kevin Stefanski broke the Browns playoff curse. Its his to lose. But Rivera has done a great job.

I'd vote brian flores.  The way he has turned around a laughingstock to a 10 win team is remarkable.  Browns had talent when stefanski arrived, and we are still a 7 win team.  Rivera did a great job and I'd vote for him 2nd, but flores deserves it imo.

8 hours ago, Rdskns2000 said:

Brian Flores would be my choice.  Then Kevin.

Noone who post a losing record deserves that honor; even in a year when that losing record gets them a playoff spot.

Ron won a weak division.  He proved he's the best coach the  NFC East; which bodes well for the future.

Maybe, but we finished 6-3 and did it with 4 QBs seeing the field and making the playoffs, even with our record, after being 3-13 and also doing it while battling Cancer is ****ing impressive.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, ConnSKINS26 said:

Not even a whisper of the prospect of an interview request for Kyle Smith with all these GM positions open. I think we’re safe to season him a bit more, if that’s what the plan entails. 

I like it, and I think he is an impressive guy but as some have pointed out on this board, his resume isn't something that you can take into any interview and just drop the mic. Add to that the fact that he is probably inexperienced in the contract negotation and trade negotation stuff and it gives pause to giving him that promotion. Personally, I would like him over anybody from the Patriots organization (which seems like it was a well built machine but running mainly by Brady's greatness). This is the opposite of the 80s and 90s where we had the Walsh and Parcells trees where it seemed that anybody from those trees could be great. Those are mainly coaches but we have also seen scouts and front office positions picked from those trees as well. 

It seems like the best thing Smith has going for him is his name. If he weren't the son of a famous GM, I wonder if he'd have the rep he has here, or if he would have even been given the opportunity. What I'd like to see him do is get outside of his "comfort zone". We saw him in 2019 draft a WR in the 3rd who is looking like a steal. We also found a 4th round WR in Jamison Crowder, but whose find was that? I think Scot Mc probably gets credit for that. There have also been some low round CBs - Breeland (but is this Bruce or somebody else since its before his promotion), Moreland, Curl, Stroman, Nicholson. 

But how good is he at finding other positions? OL? He drafted Wes Martin and Ross P, but neither has made an impact. He drafted Ishmael but we never saw him play. Geron Christian was looking OK, but Lucas looks like a much better player. LB? We found Holcomb, but that was a Jay move. Hudson looked ok late in the year but far from a gem. SDH was somebody I liked but he rarely saw playing time. DL? We found a bunch of guys in the first and that's something that is very important - hitting on your first rounders, but other than that we have found Settle and Matty Ice, who was a Gruden pick. There are other guys who are backups now that could emerge but I can't say much about them right now. 

So I think he is a good candidate for GM, but I can see why the fan hype about him is more than the league hype. 

• Like 1

4. WASHINGTON FOOTBALL TEAM

Washington’s top 2020 Draft picks:
Pick Player Pos. PFF grade Snaps
2 Chase Young EDGE 87.2 770
66 Antonio Gibson RB 80.9 405
216 Kamren Curl S 68.0 763

The Football Team was the only franchise to have two rookies produce PFF grades above 80.0 this season.

It isn’t a massive surprise that Chase Young finished the regular season with an astounding 87.2 PFF grade that ranked sixth among all NFL edge defenders this season. After all, he did shatter PFF College records in 2019 as the best non-quarterback prospect we have ever evaluated.

The Ohio State product closed out his first regular season on an absolute tear from Week 12 on, grading at 90.6 (just a tenth of a grading point behind Khalil Mack) over that span.

Antonio Gibson finishing the season as the fifth-highest-graded runner in the league is certainly a surprise, given that he hardly saw any work in the ground game in college. Still, the biggest surprise has been the performance of Kamren Curl.

There is an argument to be made that Curl should be the runner-up Defensive Rookie of the Year behind his teammate, Chase Young. The seventh-round pick had to go through a learning curve to start the year but emerged down the second half and came away with a whopping position-best 37 defensive stops — the second-most ever recorded by a rookie safety behind only Derwin James.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JCB said:

Beautiful to hear that from Moses. Definitely feels like a shift.

Yep. If Snyder can just let ron, Wright, and company do their jobs for however much longer he owns the team (pending the outcome of the whole situation, obviously), i think those guys will have this team winning consistently for the foreseeable future. Just stay the **** on your yacht, Snyder, and everything will be ok. Fans might actually start wanting to attend games, even! The solution is that simple! (Aside from the obvious solution, which we all know isn’t going to happen). 

i dont even feel embarrassed to be a fan, even after tonight’s loss. 

42 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

I thought the play calling sucked last night. We ran the ball up the guy about 15 times for a total of about 1 yard. I was screaming about it by run 7 or 8. We obviously weren’t going to be able to make hay there. Run outside zone. Pass it. Jesus. So frustrating. 

We ran the ball a bit too often on 2nd and long and that 2 point play was bad but beyond that I didn't have too many issues. At the end of the day we did manage to put up 23 points with a 4th string QB with our two best skill players hobbled by injury.