Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Flowers is currently grossly out of shape. That should tell you enough. It has nothing to do with any of the other players.

Oh I dont doubt hes badly out of shape and not fit to play right now, but also in fairness being around this team will strip anyone of their interest in football.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Peyton would hire Eli as head coach.

Dude...just when I think you couldn't possibly top yourself. 😁

14 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Yea the guy in charge of personal doesnt do a very good job…..

He has personal problems. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

27 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Just because you're a great player, doesn't mean you'll be a great owner.....Look at Jordan. 

Most successful people in life are only successful at one thing. They try the same formula with different ventures and it rarely works because they only know one way to be successful. There are some rare exceptions, but they have to be open minded about learning new things and taking criticism...hard for egotistic athletes to grasp when their playing days end.

1 hour ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Just because you're a great player, doesn't mean you'll be a great owner.....Look at Jordan. 

I truly don't care.

Peyton and his hypothetical ownership group could be mediocre owners and it still would be a significant improvement over the unmitigated disaster we've witnessed throughout the Snyder regime.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 7
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Most successful people in life are only successful at one thing. They try the same formula with different ventures and it rarely works because they only know one way to be successful. 

Where were you 25 years ago when Doofus Dan could have used this information?

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or Elway....

But, it can't possibly be worse than Snyder.

I'm not saying Manning wouldn't be a good owner, just that a great player doesn't necessarily make a great owner.

I would still rather have an owner who was a fan of the team and understood the history, but is more personable and isn't an awkward douche...or at least someone who knows the difference between New Years and Thanksgiving. 

7 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Most successful people in life are only successful at one thing. They try the same formula with different ventures and it rarely works because they only know one way to be successful. There are some rare exceptions, but they have to be open minded about learning new things and taking criticism...hard for egotistic athletes to grasp when their playing days end.

I think danny boy suffers from a couple of syndroms. The first being Midas touch, he's so arrogant business wise that he thinks everything he touches will turn to a huge pile of $.

The second one being Icarus complex which is concomitant to the previous. I hope the Congres will be Icarus Snyder's sun.

"Often, these leaders have let adulation go to their heads. They display symptoms such as:

• Placing excessive confidence in their own judgment
  • Harbouring feelings of omnipotence
  • Becoming reckless and restless
  • Displaying contempt for the advice and criticism of others
  • Ignoring the practicality, cost or damaging consequences of their various endeavours.

As the subordinates of such leaders realise that any disagreements with the boss only triggers contempt, the culture becomes one where bad news is taboo. Furthermore, hubristic leaders tend to disregard company values and policies, thinking these don’t apply to them. The constant overstepping of boundaries demoralise and disempower their teams, which may contribute to psychological disengagement, making it more likely that the best employees will leave." Link

• Like 2

8 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I'm not saying Manning wouldn't be a good owner, just that a great player doesn't necessarily make a great owner.

I would still rather have an owner who was a fan of the team and understood the history, but is more personable and isn't an awkward douche...or at least someone who knows the difference between New Years and Thanksgiving. 

So you would choose to stick with Dan Snyder rather than roll the dice with someone else, like Manning ?!?  Wow

28 minutes ago, ananoman said:

So you would choose to stick with Dan Snyder rather than roll the dice with someone else, like Manning ?!?  Wow

I never said that.   I'm sure there will be many others who would be interested in buying the team and people shouldn't get all excited about a great player buying the team.

9 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I just want someone that isn't one of the worst owners in sports.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

So you have a personal ax to grind with Manning.You don't like him. That's fine, you have that right. Just say that. Don't cloak it in some invalid point about preferring someone else due to thier personal attachment to the te4am. Just say, "I think Manning is an asshole and would make a terrible owner.".  I disagree but I could respect that way more than this line of great players do not make great owners. While Jordan is a recent example - and literally the only one in recent tyears, what about George Halas? But fair enough, that was a long time ago. My point was there really is not much precident. 

Agian, feel free to not like Manning, but that's the only valid basis for your argument, you just don't like Manning. And that's fair. I lived in Indy and Manning and Marvin Harrison were litterally the only thing I liked about that franchise. I have met 100s of people who have met Manning personally and he was never anything respembling an awkward douche. He was kind, gracious, giving of his time and generally a very good person. Yes, there were those proven wrong allegations of sexual assault when he was very young. But literally nothing else and agan that proved to be false. 

With zero cameras or reporters - on purpose - during the offseason him and his wife would go to the local childrens hospitals in both Indy and noxville and spend hours with the vkids. He never advertized, never invited cameras, never had it written about. He did it to give back. And that is just one example of the many things he did for the community, both in Indy and in Knoxville. Just for the record I hate the Vols so not part of my decision making. I lived in east TN and man thier fans are obnoxious! I rooted for them to lose every game, and that includes when Manning was there.  

I am sure you have reasons for not liking Manning and I respect your right to feel that way. But we could do a lot worse than Manning as a replacement for that POS that is the current owner. It;s just your argument about ex players not making gooid owners does not make much sense since it has just not happened very often at all. There have been a lot of great ex players as team executives but not owners.

10 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Or Elway....

But, it can't possibly be worse than Snyder.

Agree with your overall point but to be clear Elway does not own part of the Broncos. He remians with close ties as does Manning but niether have ownership. Apperently Elway was offered 10% and turned it down.