Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

If Scott Turner's offense really doesn't have any audibles, he should be immediately demoted to a position coach. You can't play modern football without audibles. The majority of DEFENSES I'm today's NFL have the ability to audible. To send a QB out there without the ability to play the chess match that modern football is about is damning. Turner can spend a few years coaching our TEs or something while he catches up with the rest of the NFL.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

We got him!  Finally, this is the smoking gun meaning Snyder serves jail time now!  Hes lied under oath and can now be charged with perjury after saying "We finally have ourselves a quarterback" and that the leadership team had "done an amazing job"

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, IrepDC said:

If Scott Turner's offense really doesn't have any audibles, he should be immediately demoted to a position coach. You can't play modern football without audibles. The majority of DEFENSES I'm today's NFL have the ability to audible. To send a QB out there without the ability to play the chess match that modern football is about is damning. Turner can spend a few years coaching our TEs or something while he catches up with the rest of the NFL.

They asked Ron about this yesterday and I couldn’t understand his response, very unclear.

It would explain a lot though, if this so true.  Sounds outrageous enough that it could be true here.

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

They asked Ron about this yesterday and I couldn’t understand his response, very unclear.

It would explain a lot though, if this so true.  Sounds outrageous enough that it could be true here.

From a fan's perspective, it seems to be true. The play where the Cowboys had the box stacked with a defender in EVERY gap, and we ran it right up the middle, into a wall, for a loss, comes to mind. We see defenses tip their hand against us, but it doesn't seem Turner's scheme has anything built in to take advantage or respond. I didn't actually see Rivera's interview on this. He probably gave a vague answer to cover for Turner, though. That seems to be the mode he's in.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

To bad Sonny J has to suffer the indignity of having his number retired in front of no Redskins fans. There will be no one left, when we play Dallas again.

Well...there will be plenty of fans there.  Just not many of the red, yellow and black.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

I heard about this before the season started. Basically yes there are no audibles. Supposedly every play design has an open receiver for any defense presented. So instead of calling an audible the QB is supposed to know pre-snap which routes are supposed to be viable. It sounds like it doesn't work but they said it was based of Norv's offensive philosophy. I honestly don't remember Norvs offense in relation to audibles. 

1 minute ago, CobraCommander said:

I heard about this before the season started. Basically yes there are no audibles. Supposedly every play design has an open receiver for any defense presented. So instead of calling an audible the QB is supposed to know pre-snap which routes are supposed to be viable. It sounds like it doesn't work but they said it was based of Norv's offensive philosophy. I honestly don't remember Norvs offense in relation to audibles. 

How is this not front page news, that everyone is aware of?

Is there anyone else in the pros doing this?  

• Like 1

Just now, CobraCommander said:

That is the laziest most delusional offensive philosophy I've ever heard of. He thinks EVERY play he calls is going to work?! The most basic audible is checking to a run when there's a two high safety look, or checking to a pass when the box is stacked. We don't even have the basics. That sounds like an excuse to be lazy and not go into the deep of coaching in the modern NFL. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Zim489 said:

I feel like the longer Ron and the Marty crew stick around, the further the gap will get between this organization and Dallas/Philly. And it’s already pretty significant. 

Giants will get their QB and catapult forward. Dallas has a good history of drafting. Eagles have the number 3 pick and theirs to trade for Lamar. Or just gouge some one else and get another 2-3 firsts out of it. 

Staring at 4th in the division for a long time right now

And you just KNOW if this crap fest continues, Ron's gonna blame it all on the O line, absolving Carson of most of the blame.  Thus, he won't sit Carson; he'll play him right out of our 2nd rounder, which we desperately need for ammo to move up in the draft for a real QB prospect.  

Ron isn't taking genuine blame anymore.  He's sure as heck not gonna do it with regard to Carson.  He's gonna ride this QB choice right into the ground even though he, at some level, knows it's not gonna work.  Carson is exactly what we knew he was: not garbage, but certainly not a QB you can with a SB with.  And if you don't have that guy at the position, you're wasting time.  

We're gonna trade own in the draft, watch all the quality QB prospects get selected, then pick a bunch of "solid" players who, unfortunately, don't move this team past anyone in the division.  

You hear that?  It's the sound of the parade passing by.   Again.  

11 hours ago, Conn said:

Must be nice 

I was saying even last year that the Giants would pass us and be in real contention (whether is was with their incoming regime or the next) before us.

I completely stand by that.

• Like 1

On 10/1/2022 at 6:54 PM, FLSkinz83 said:

Just because you're a great player, doesn't mean you'll be a great owner.....Look at Jordan. 

He might not be a great owner, but I think the Manning family is football royalty. I would love to have them associated with this organization and it might be one of a couple things that could get me to come back. 

For one, from everything I've read and watched about them, they seem like good people. Given the past 20 years, that's become increasingly important to me. I can't tell you how much I wish now (with hindsight, of course) I could go back in time and just wave a wand so that JKC left the team to his sons. Secondly, I think Peyton is a smart guy and hard worker. The comparison to MJ is flawed in that Manning wasn't great because he was just so physically gifted. He was driven (so was MJ) but he was also just determined to overcome his physical limitations to outsmart his opponent. His offenses were always a step ahead of everyone except Belichick. Not a bad guy to have running a football organization, setting a culture, and hiring people. 

29 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

"Well for the most part it's about going through your progression.  And that's on him and those are decisions that he gets to make.  You know we practice those things, he works through those things, he understands those concepts."

Very vague.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, DJHJR86 said:

"Well for the most part it's about going through your progression.  And that's on him and those are decisions that he gets to make.  You know we practice those things, he works through those things, he understands those concepts."

Very vague.

What does going through progressions have to do with changing the play at the LOS?

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

13 hours ago, Catatonic said:

The best thing anyone could do, is to use the name change as the final straw to divorce themselves from this team.  Face it, these are no longer the Redskins most of us grew up with and loved.  They are a clown show lead by losers that deserve all of the indignities they bring upon themselves.  Why continue to emotionally invest in this?  The ownership surely doesn’t give a damn, and neither do I anymore.  I never signed up to be a Commanders fan.   

You didn't have to wait for the name change...you could have used the fact that he nefariously filmed his cheerleaders naked for his own pleasure. What billionaire does that??? Look, he's a man and I know they were beautiful women...but he could pay $10,000 per day for an endless stream of beautiful women to walk into his house and dress as Redskin cheerleaders without needing to order the filming of these girls without their consent. It's disgusting and sickening. THAT'S what you can use if you're looking for an eject button from this team. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

What does going through progressions have to do with changing the play at the LOS?

I think it all goes back to audibles. Since we don't have any bascially Carson is supposed to know where  to go with the ball pre-snap. It sounds like he isn't getting it and he's looking at either the wrong receivers at the wrong time or the right receiver at the wrong times. 

I don't know honestly. Sounds like a bunch of excuses for poor play all around. 

Never forget when Jason Wright compared a packed summer concert from a popular musician to a completely un related NFL football team. Just a foreshadow of different electricity we’re going to get!! Never forget #neverforget 

• Haha 7

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

Never forget when Jason Wright compared a packed summer concert from a popular musician to a completely un related NFL football team. Just a foreshadow of different electricity we’re going to get!! Never forget #neverforget 

Yeah. Maybe if this team was any good……sadly, that’s not the case :( 

10 minutes ago, max21 said:

Jason is nothing more than a big-word-speaking, incompetent fool with absolutely zero knowledge of this franchise's past or the depth of hatred for the owner by the few remaining fans.  

He brings nothing to the table.  

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, CobraCommander said:

I think it all goes back to audibles. Since we don't have any bascially Carson is supposed to know where  to go with the ball pre-snap. It sounds like he isn't getting it and he's looking at either the wrong receivers at the wrong time or the right receiver at the wrong times. 

I don't know honestly. Sounds like a bunch of excuses for poor play all around. 

That was my point though.  I’m certain the poster was being facetious in that Ron’s explanation wasn’t vague, and that it’s all Carson’s fault- just based on his posting history.

Ron didn’t provide a direct answer.  You can either audible or not.  Explaining that it’s all about progressions is a worthless answer as that’s the case with every offense.

56 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

How is this not front page news, that everyone is aware of?

Is there anyone else in the pros doing this?  

I don't know how cutting edge I am, but is it possible that the concept of audibles is outdated? What I mean is...maybe this is being overblown a bit and that there is enough variation in each play call based on the defense that "audibles" are baked into each call, so to speak. Just because the team doesn't check out of play A into play B, might not mean they aren't allowed to adjust route concepts on the fly based on the looks that they get. 

10 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

That was my point though.  I’m certain the poster was being facetious in that Ron’s explanation wasn’t vague, and that it’s all Carson’s fault- just based on his posting history.

Ron didn’t provide a direct answer.  You can either audible or not.  Explaining that it’s all about progressions is a worthless answer as that’s the case with every offense.

He never will provide a direct answer, that's how he operates. To my understanding Carson cannot audible because there are none in this offense. 

1 minute ago, TD_washingtonredskins said:

I don't know how cutting edge I am, but is it possible that the concept of audibles is outdated? What I mean is...maybe this is being overblown a bit and that there is enough variation in each play call based on the defense that "audibles" are baked into each call, so to speak. Just because the team doesn't check out of play A into play B, might not mean they aren't allowed to adjust route concepts on the fly based on the looks that they get. 

Do you hear Carson calling anything at the line? I don't. I really don't think there is anything to change at the line. He's literally just supposed to know where to go with the ball. If it's a run play the RB obviously. If it's a screen then the screen receiver. If it's pass play then it depends on coverage and if there is a blitz and where it's coming from, I think the center is supposed to identify those for the most part. 

Seems like he is just scanning the defense and calling the snap.