Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

56 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

I see we converted Chase Roullier's base salary into a signing bonus freeing up 3M in cap space. The NFL salary cap is still a joke and easily circumvented.

**** yeah! That's enough space to sign not 1 but 2 aging Panther castoffs once the last set gets hurt.

Gonna make a run at 8 wins in a couple months!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, Wildbunny said:

Sometimes I wonder if our @NickyJ is Nicki Jhabvala 🤣

I like that thought more than the countless times people asked if I was Nicki Minaj and inevitably get disappointed that I sing like a sputtering single engine propeller plane.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, method man said:

The one GM type I could see Snyder going for if he does go for a GM first is Kyle Smith. It has been reported that Dan has an affinity for Kyle, even after Kyle spoke his mind about the Haskins pick. It is obvious too that they miss him. The issue is that there isn’t a future HC type in Atlanta to pair him with. He’d have to find his own coach. Hopefully he is still tight with the Shanahans, McVay and KOC to get some recs.

On the PR front, it would be a good move on Snyder’s part because he is still beloved here.

Thinking back, he could’ve just had a Kyle Smith/KOC combo instead of hiring Ron 

Would want no part of Kyle Smith here. None. I dont want anyone with a single tie to Dan or anyone else associated with this organization in any way. 

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, method man said:

The one GM type I could see Snyder going for if he does go for a GM first is Kyle Smith. It has been reported that Dan has an affinity for Kyle, even after Kyle spoke his mind about the Haskins pick. It is obvious too that they miss him. The issue is that there isn’t a future HC type in Atlanta to pair him with. He’d have to find his own coach. Hopefully he is still tight with the Shanahans, McVay and KOC to get some recs.

On the PR front, it would be a good move on Snyder’s part because he is still beloved here.

Thinking back, he could’ve just had a Kyle Smith/KOC combo instead of hiring Ron 

My personal belief: that would have worked out really well.

Where was that reporting? I never heard that? I saw theories that Dan was part of Kyle NOT having a future here, potentially. I mean, the Marties definitely smelled like Ron, and the KOC interview smelled like a sham when it was followed with Scotty boy getting the job. So all of that had a strong Rivera feel to it. I didn't ever hear that Snyder actually liked Kyle Smith, I only heard that story about him speaking his mind, which made me think Dan didn't like Kyle.

16 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Would want no part of Kyle Smith here. None. I dont want anyone with a single tie to Dan or anyone else associated with this organization in any way. 

I don't know man, Smith's track record here didn't seem like it was too bad

Edited by SkinsNumberOne

8 minutes ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

don't know man, Smith's track record here didn't seem like it was too bad

Get some one from a good organization. The fascination with Kyle Smith is so perplexing to me. He was just ok here and played on a small part of the pie while doing so. He needs a bigger role thats not GM in a well established winning franchise before I would consider him. 

Edited by Zim489
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Get some one from a good organization. The fascination with Kyle Smith is so perplexing to me. He was just ok here and played on a small part of the pie while doing so. He needs a bigger role thats not GM in a well established winning franchise before I would consider him. 

We have to live in reality. No pedigreed person is coming here, unless it's with some kind of crazy contract that at this point is too unlikely. So, it HAS to be a gamble. Actually, Kyle may be too pedigreed - and I am not trying to exaggerate HIM, I am just trying to be honest about where this team is and it can actually attract at this point. Kyle Smith was, according to Ron, given a LOT of responsibilty. When he left, he had risen to VP / Personnel or something, he had most of the responsibility in draft and FA at that time. I think that is where we did get some good value in later rounds, including I believe Kam Curl. Those are building block players - you can actually WIN with those, on ANY team (good teams, bad teams, any team). That is NOT something to take lightly.

However: don't get me wrong, he had plenty of what seemed to be misses too. I just thought overall, I liked what was happening more when he was here, and from what I could see/hear of his thoughts, I agreed with them conceptually. Draft/FA process is obviously very difficult. I prefer him to the Marties; I feel like the Marties are more like proven to be bad at their jobs.

Edited by SkinsNumberOne

7 minutes ago, SkinsNumberOne said:

We have to live in reality. No pedigreed person is coming here

Theres a ton of guys including some in the list I put earlier in here that interviewed for other bad teams. Ron was seen as a good hire at the time. Theres zero reason to believe that the same cant be done for a GM. I refuse to believe something that hasnt even been tried. 

Edited by Zim489

19 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I think we all want the things that you want.

Up and coming GM, with some clout, from an organization with recent success.  Full autonomy to hire his head coach with a shared vision.

But this is Dan Snyder’s DC team with the crappy headquarters and facilities in Ashburn, VA, that plays in a crappy stadium in MD.

• Like 4

LOVERRO: Snyder’s cozying up to Jones sends defiant message to NFL

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/oct/3/dan-snyders-cozying-jerry-jones-sends-defiant-mess/

Washington Commanders owner Dan Snyder flew to Dallas Sunday morning on one of his private jets with a mission in mind.

It wasn’t to watch his Commanders beat the Cowboys. Not even Skipper Dan the Sailing Man likely thought that was going to happen — and it didn’t, as the Commanders helplessly went down in defeat 25-10 for their third straight loss early in this NFL season.

No, it was with one purpose in mind — to get a photo on the field at AT&T Stadium with powerful Cowboys owner Jerry Jones.

Mission accomplished.

There was Skipper Dan, dressed in his finest sailing gear — blue blazer, khaki slacks, wearing what may have been sailing shoes — standing next to Jones, with Commanders executive Jason Wright and Snyder’s wife and co-owner Tanya in the photo, all of them posing for the shot.

It wasn’t a coincidence that this was the first time this season Skipper Dan had been seen down on the field. This wasn’t for the skipper’s scrapbook. This was a message for his fellow league owners — you know, the ones who have anonymously been talking to the Washington Post about losing their patience with the embarrassment and turmoil Skipper Dan has brought them and their willingness to consider the possibility of ousting Skipper Dan.

The message? Jerry Jones has Skipper Dan’s back. And if Jones has Skipper Dan’s back, he’s not going anywhere.

That photo told those brave owners who are trying to grow spines that Skipper Dan ain’t selling, and if you try to force him out … well, you’ll have to go through Jones.

The two men have had much in common over the years and have been linked for a long time. They were seen as business mavericks, newcomers to a chummy old-boys’ club who were going shake things up.

As we know by now, one turned out to be a contender. The other? A pretender.

They are both self-destructive embarrassments to humanity. Both have faced persistent accusations of sexual misconduct. But one of them hasn’t let his self-destructive tendencies affect his business.

The other? He has turned one of the most popular and successful sports franchises into a bottom-feeder.

The Cowboys were recently valued at $8 billion by Forbes. Skipper Dan’s Commanders were priced at $5.6 billion. They were once close in value. In fact, after Skipper Dan bought the Redskins in 1999, their value would shoot to the top of the list for seven straight years.

Now they are $2.5 billion apart, and the Commanders have fallen from the top of the league to sixth in valuation, now surpassed by the Patriots, Rams, Giants and Bears.

Let it be noted that the Commanders’ value increased 33% from 2021, according to Forbes.

The Commanders/Redskins have grown in value in spite of Skipper Dan’s disastrous ownership that has driven away thousands of fans and television viewers.

Skipper Dan had the good fortune of buying into the NFL, a business juggernaut that seems immune to outside forces like a war with the president of the United States and a pandemic that shut the entire country down and the aura of self-destruction that surrounds the Washington franchise.

The Cowboys have grown in value in part because of Jones and his business acumen, even though both teams have had little success on the football field over the past two decades.

Skipper Dan has been one of Jones’ customers and intends to be so in the future. Jones started a business with the New York Yankees called Legend Hospitality. They handle the concessions and suite sales for many of the other franchises in the league. In fact, the Redskins hired the company in 2013 for concessions at Ghost Town Field, a deal that lasted just one year.

But they are hoping to do business again soon. Skipper Dan made a deal with Legends to sell sponsorship and premium seats for a new Commanders stadium, according to a June 2021 report by venuesnow.com.

That’s an optimistic business arrangement, isn’t it?

Just look at their stadium situations. JonesAT&T Stadium is one of the top venues in the country, hosting Super Bowls, NCAA Final Fours, College Playoff National Championships and major title fights, among other major attractions.

Skipper Dan’s Ghost Town Field was deemed unfit by FIFA to host a World Cup soccer game. It cost Washington its shot at being a World Cup city for the 2026 games. He is no closer to a new stadium than he was when the plans for a new home surrounded by a moat were first announced in 2016.

Jones is one of the most powerful owners in the league, if not the most powerful. He is the one who brokered the game-changing Fox television deal. He may be a poor excuse for a human being, but that doesn’t get in the way of his pocketbook.

Skipper Dan is the NFL’s pool boy. He’s a seat at the table, nothing more, and now his wife sits in that seat because NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell believes he has banished Skipper Dan from the day-to-day operations of the team.

That “banishment” was for the sins attorney Beth Wilkinson uncovered in the investigation she conducted last year into the franchise’s record of sexual misconduct and workplace bullying — the documented results of which remain hidden by the league.

If those results are ever revealed or if the seven different government, NFL and NFLPA probes into Skipper Dan’s business uncover unprecedented public damage, Jones might very well back away from his embrace of Skipper Dan

But perhaps no owner in the league can relate to the notion of “there, but for the grace of God, go I” than Jones when it comes to the idea of getting rid of NFL owners.

Whatever misconduct by Skipper Dan is revealed, Jones may just see as the weekly calendar in Dallas.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Up and coming GM, with some clout, from an organization with recent success.  Full autonomy to hire his head coach with a shared vision.

But this is Dan Snyder’s DC team with the crappy headquarters and facilities in Ashburn, VA, that plays in a crappy stadium in MD.

Theres more good people than there are jobs. Some one good would take it. Seen as a savior of a franchise. One yearning to be great again

8 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

LOVERRO: Snyder’s cozying up to Jones sends defiant message to NFL

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/oct/3/dan-snyders-cozying-jerry-jones-sends-defiant-mess/

Its amusing to me that people believe Dan isn't smart enough to hire a GM and run his money printing business but that hes at the same time smart enough to blackmail the entire NFL out in the open like some kind of criminal mastermind. 

Either hes an idiot or hes not 

Edit: I dont think Lorverro can be trusted with anything regarding Dan, btw,. Its so clear it personal to him that at some point you have to question if his judgment is clouded by his feelings on the matter. Maybe its me but i feel like he is reading wayyyyyyy too far into Dans actions here. 

Edited by Llevron
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

But would they be able to succeed here?

Chances are, no. 

if I was a GM though, and was being interviewed, I’d look at that piece of **** right in the face and say “look. if YOU want this team to turn into a consistent winner again, YOU have to get the **** out of the way—-go sail on your yacht—and let me make the changes around here. Let ME hire the coach. Let ME draft the players. And stay on your yacht. Don’t come back until I tell you to”

surely ONE of these GMs out there has to have the ***** to tell Snyder that, right? Heck, I’m surprised Gibbs hasn’t told Snyder that’s what needs to be done! 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Chances are, no. 

if I was a GM though, and was being interviewed, I’d look at that piece of **** right in the face and say “look. if YOU want this team to turn into a consistent winner again, YOU have to get the **** out of the way—-go sail on your yacht—and let me make the changes around here. Let ME hire the coach. Let ME draft the players. And stay on your yacht. Don’t come back until I tell you to”

surely ONE of these GMs out there has to have the ***** to tell Snyder that, right? Heck, I’m surprised Gibbs hasn’t told Snyder that’s what needs to be done! 

Hand me blank checks. Ill fill you in on some big decisions on where I am leaning. I need autonomy to build this front office and it could require a larger staff. If you want to win this is the way it needs to be done. Spend the extra 2 mil a year and youll make 3 times that back with what I can produce. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

21 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Chances are, no. 

I'm not. Gibbs is a nice guy, but he's also pretty naive when it comes to Snyder. He doesn't seem to know about all the hatred from the fan base...or if he does, he just ignores it so Snyder will keep paying for his hotel room and meals when he comes up to DC.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

Theres more good people than there are jobs. Some one good would take it. Seen as a savior of a franchise. One yearning to be great again

Not always, especially when it comes to high end FO guys. They make good money—many stay in a lieutenant role in a good, stable organization for years longer than they “need” to until the perfect fit opens up. The personnel talent pool is much different than the coaching talent pool in this regard imo 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

I'm not. Gibbs is a nice guy, but he's also pretty naive when it comes to Snyder. He doesn't seem to know about all the hatred from the fan base...or if he does, he just ignores it so Snyder will keep paying for his hotel room and meals when he comes up to DC.

Neverminding Gibbs seemed out of date with football in 2006. 

2 hours ago, Zim489 said:

Theres a ton of guys including some in the list I put earlier in here that interviewed for other bad teams. Ron was seen as a good hire at the time. Theres zero reason to believe that the same cant be done for a GM. I refuse to believe something that hasnt even been tried. 

Zero?  Someone mentioned Kyle Smith -- stories abut Dan overruling him and took Haskins and Guice despute his strong objections. The stories in the past about him overruling the scouts on a series of players.

JLC reported that they don't pay personnel guys like other teams, too.

Dan is known to be a douche to work for.

So I doubt Dan gets the pick of the litter to say the least.  And if the past is prologue, we got Dan as co-GM.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

25 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Chances are, no. 

The guys who would say that would never accept an interview here lol. And who knows if Snyder would even pursue them.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Zero?  Someone mentioned Kyle Smith -- stories abut Dan overruling him and took Haskins and Guice desiute his strong objections. The stories in the past about him overruling the scouts on a series of players.

JLC reported that they don't pay personnel guys like other teams, too.

Dan is known to be a douche to work for.

So I doubt Dan gets the pick of the litter to say the least.  And if the past is prologue, we got Dan as co-GM.

I dont think the pick of the litter either unless hes putting word out there hes paying 5 mil for a GM role. Even then he wont get all the bites. But there would be some interested. Its a better plan than effing Ron rivera or any other non Sean Payton led HC leading organization. 

Just for once ****ing try and do things the right way. Ill take bad results in a good process over bad results in a bad process. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Agree.  And I'd add notorious cheap with what he pays scouts.  And the dude might overrule you on big decisions.  He will depend on you for his social life.  And he can be an absolute douche to you and his employees -- the idea that the people there have to eat lunch at their desk until recently among other things is wild.  Other that than, Dan sounds wonderful to work with. :ols:

2 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I dont think the pick of the litter either unless hes putting word out there hes paying 5 mil for a GM role. Even then he wont get all the bites. But there would be some interested. Its a better plan than effing Ron rivera or any other non Sean Payton led HC leading organization. 

Just for once ****ing try and do things the right way. Ill take bad results in a good process over bad results in a bad process. 

We've had coach centric models:  Marty, Gibbs, Shanny, Rivera.

We've had GM centric models:  Bruce, Vinny with Zorn, Jay, Spurrier.

You are acting like the GM centric is the first time.  But it isn't.

The GM centric model is where Dan reputation wise is at his most nefarious.  Same dude who told someone he wasn't having "fun" when Marty was in charge.  Dan wants to meddle and have the FO guy be his BFF -- he clearly doesn't care about the pedigree of the GM.  Some say Scot was an exception but even Scot was an employee of Bruce -- Bruce was his boss, Bruce (Dan) had final say. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 3