Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 hours ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

If you want a mediocre coach that will get you 7-8 wins a year, Ron is your guy.  If you want someone who can get more than than, that person is smart enough not to come here.  That's where this franchise is right now.

You realize there are only 32 head coaching gigs in the league. Trust me there are guys who would die to get this job. 

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

ALERT:

WORD ON THE STREET--

A major story on Snyder is about to hit. Rumor is this will blow the lid off of everything and make it almost impossible fir him to survive.

Mini leaks have already been authorized. The sports junkies just teased it 10 minutes ago.

But you guys are first in line to hear the truth once I officially authorize authorize release.

Working hard here at the information center to provide updated facts as they come in.

Have faith in old man Rye!

"The victory is imminent "

100 Years of Solitude

Yawn

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

2018 didn’t “start off the rails”. They started the year 2-2 (they had a winning record at the bye week at 2-1) before winning 4 straight. 

it WENT off the rails (surprise surprise that’s what happens when your starting QB AND backup QB suffer injuries) but it didn’t “start off the rails”. 

2010 didn’t start off the rails either, seeing as how they were 4-3 after 7 games. It WENT off the rails. That’s different 

2011, same thing. 3-1 at the bye week isn’t “starting off the rails”. It WENT off the rails after. Again, completely different 

2007, same thing. 2-1 at the bye week, and they were 5-3 at one point as well. It WENT off the rails (before getting back on track to make the playoffs. 

I actually edited my post to remove 'start' since you're right, it was misleading!

33 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Add Sheehan to the list of those saying Dan might be cash poor albiet asset rich, he hit the point today -- in billionaire terms not our own personal terms.  Sheehan also as I talked about here previously that Dan has cut back on meals and perks on the road for players to save money this year. 

image.thumb.png.66e5bea6fe6d9b994e3dc250c980a18f.png

3 minutes ago, max21 said:

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 4

55 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Um...define "off the rails"???

I'll try.

When this team is in the rails, season is between 6-10 to 8-8. 9-7 if the ball bounce our way once or twice.

So I believe "off the rails" is 5-11 or below.

* Adapt as you please for the 17 games schedule.

28 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

If hes getting cash strapped then really his only path to success is essentially turning into the Tampa Bay Rays. Be elite talent evaluators and drafters. Trade your players you dont want to resign for hauls and find the next ones. 

Elite evaluators and drafters are needed to be paid. You're not gonna get them by paying them less than the other teams.

• Like 1

I watched some clips of a recent interview Sean Payton did with Graham Bensinger and there is a particularly interesting section that covers what he was thinking when he first visited with Mickey Loomis and toured the facility.  

He was talking about how it simply wasn’t a place he could imagine himself, didn’t want the job, was checked out the whole time, thinking “I love Mickey, but good luck with this…”.  It wasn’t until the Packers notified him they were going with McCarthy over him that he even remotely considered it.  Basically, it took a valued personal relationship and no other alternatives to even get him to embrace the thought of coaching in New Orleans.  He had a hard time even putting together his staff because nobody wanted to go there.

I thought it was a nice glimpse into what the situation is like here, which at this point, is clearly worse than NO was- all things considered.  It also adds a layer to the Dallas scenario, where if they let McCarthy go for Payton, it’s like his ultimate payback.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

I've been doing some research and I have a theory on what's coming next....this is assuming Rivera doesn't turn this around....

We interviewed Rick Smith prior to hiring Ron.   We then interviewed Smith the year after for the Mayhew role.   My guess is that he wanted final say on personnel and that's why it didn't happen.  Especially when you consider that one of the biggest Issues in Houston was his power struggle with Bill O'brien....

I found it odd that we were so interested in Smith...what connection would Dan have with him?     Guess where he was before Houston?    Denver....10 years with Shanny...he was on his coaching staff and then in the front office.

Dan is seeing all this stuff about the Shanny coaching tree and how they were all here, etc.   He's also seeing their success....

So Rick Smith will be the GM.....Who will be the coach?    Well...Who's currently the D-Coordinator for Kyle Shanahan?   DeMeco Ryans.

Where did Ryans play?   Houston....who was his GM?  Rick Smith.     Who was in SF with Ryans for 4 years?   Martin Mayhew,

So I expect Rick Smith as President of Football Operations with final say on personnel....Mayhew stays in his current role....Ryans as the coach....The Offensive Coordinator will be from the Shanny tree.

Side note:  Ryans played at Alabama.  We seem to like that.    Rick Smith's wife died from breast cancer.   Tanya had breast cancer.  I'm sure there's a bond between Smith and Snyder.

Good stuff....what will happen to RR? I can't see the Dan just kicking him to the curb after everything Ron has dealt with in DC. Dan has to let RR carry this culture change thing through if RR wants to stay.....doesn't he? 

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Word on the street sources in panic over the soon to be released news on Snyder.

Says one anonymous source, "This is the most terrifying thing I've heard since the lion attacked and consumed Roy while poor Siegfried wept."

Rye and his team of intrepid internet sleuths is all over this story!

Are you on Shrooms?  LSD?  :) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Never!!!

Just sniffing bath salts, smoking some weed saturated with embalming fluid and drinking grain alcohol mixed with prune juice for my digestive issues.

Sounds healthy!

Maybe this is the real reason Dan was taking pictures with Jerruh....it's his last time there as an owner.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Sounds healthy!

Maybe this is the real reason Dan was taking pictures with Jerruh....it's his last time there as an owner.

Could be.  The Cowboy colors Dan was wearing telegraphiing perhaps a new role for Dan in the Dallas FO. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Word on the streets...

Alert- breaking news!!!

Redskins One reportedly took off in a hurry less than an hour ago with Dan Snyder in Winnie the Pooh pajamas running up the ramp.

The plane was packed to capacity with boxes of cash, gold ingots, diamonds, furs, and a collection of "Good Bits" dvds of cheer leaders

Flight plan indicates Venezuela is the destination. Incidentally the US has no extradition treaty with Venezuela 

Snyder was the lone passenger.

It is believed that Tanya is still in Dallas being personally "entertained" and "satisfied" by Jerry Jones.

More details to come.

Fear not friends old man Rye and his fact finding team are working non-stop just for you!

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Confused 1

Lots of horribly wealthy dudes dress poorly. For one, they stop having anyone around who would dare say anything and they’re cut off from the modern world at whatever frequency and level they like. But for those dudes they stop even wanting to do normal wealthy guy stuff like interact with a tailor for a half hour. Nobody has access to them that they don’t specifically want to be around. They exist in a bubble and have a warped perception of themselves and the world that is reinforced daily. It’s stupid but dressing like a slob is a natural downstream effect of that for some of these guys.

Also, there’s not even a whiff of this anywhere else, even on twitter. Just people reacting to EB’s tease. So idk what EB’s source is but people are going to be mad if it’s nothing. 

It’s me. I’m people. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

I wouldnt be surprised if this was a minority owner coming with maybe a plan to transition to majority over time. Knowing Dans liquidity seemingly all but confirmed liquidity issues.

But just guessing 

Edited by Zim489

1 hour ago, Conn said:

My god if it’s actually true that a huge story breaks today…it will instantly be the top moment of the season. Nothing matters until that evil asshole is gone so any sniff of hope about that will lift my spirits in a way that on-field happenings just cannot any longer (not that those moments happen often anyways lol)

I'd take anything to get rid of Dan.   And while I do feel bad for Ron and the players.  I see major value in things piling on to Dan's misery that may compel him to sell.

If they have few butts in the seats this Sunday and they lose -- good luck selling tickets this season

Part of me wants to see a series of events that hopefully become too much for Dan to endure

A.  Miserable season in a rebranding year

B.  Being at the bottom of the league in ticket sales

C.  The current NFL investigation into him not going well for him

D.  Virginia tells him in the off season to take a hike as for any funding for a stadium

Sort of a series of things ala the Seinfeld episode where George pushed Steinbrenner to the breaking point albeit it backfied in the episode. 😀

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Zim489 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if this was a minority owner coming with maybe a plan to transition to majority over time. Knowing Dans liquidity seemingly all but confirmed liquidity issues 

Idk. EBs teaser makes it sound as if whatever is supposedly coming out soon is going to be bad. A minority owner coming in wouldn’t be a bad thing.