Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

3 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if this was a minority owner coming with maybe a plan to transition to majority over time. Knowing Dans liquidity seemingly all but confirmed liquidity issues.

But just guessing 

Dan needs cash, so getting a new owner would be a good thing. A minority as owner, would help with pr.

Those thinking any news will lead to him gone, keep dreaming. Even if there's another sex scandal, doubt it gets Dan the boot. I am not holding out any so called breaking story amounting anything.

10 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I wouldnt be surprised if this was a minority owner coming with maybe a plan to transition to majority over time. Knowing Dans liquidity seemingly all but confirmed liquidity issues.

But just guessing 

There are no minority owners. The NFL gave Snyder a loan last year to buy out all the minority owners. He is the sole owner now

edit: oh I see, you meant a new minority owner buying in from the outside as part of a transitional plan. Doubt it but technically possible 

Edited by Conn

1 minute ago, Conn said:

There are no minority owners. The NFL gave Snyder a loan last year to buy out all the minority owners. He is the sole owner now

Pretty sure he was speculating about a NEW minority owner coming in, not that there are any still with the team at this current moment.

• Thumb up 1

The ‘Dan is cash poor line’ seems wildly over played to me. We’re certainly in the lower portion on the league in terms of in year cash outlay, but still above 2 divisional rivals. Even committed spend, it’s broadly a wash, in context, league wide.

7 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

This is just super duper crazy speculation but...

What if Joe Gibbs led a prospective ownership team and made a serious offer to Dan.

Do you think he might be willing to sell the team if he was approached in a compassionate and respectful way by his childhood idol?

Gibbs of course was and will always be legendary in the story of this franchise. That said, I've grown weary of the narrative of every significant decision this organization makes of having his validation. Move on.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Let me ask a question.

Who is EB?  And why / is this a trusted source or just some online entity that spews rumors as facts on a regular basis?

I just can't allow myself to believe there is a straw that will eventually break the camel's back when it comes to having Dan gone.  Can't allow myself to go there emotionally again.

Just now, Redwards said:

Let me ask a question.

Who is EB?  And why / is this a trusted source or just some online entity that spews rumors as facts on a regular basis?

I just can't allow myself to believe there is a straw that will eventually break the camel's back when it comes to having Dan gone.  Can't allow myself to go there emotionally again.

EB, Eric Bickel from the sports junkies, on 106.7

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

What if Dan becomes the minority owner?  He sells 51% of the team but remains a minority owner. He still enjoys being an owner, but all th e responsibility goes to new owner. He gives the new majority owner, right of first refusal to buy the rest.

Think Modell did this with Ravens. Well, Modell was still m majority owner but he gave that minority owner the chance to buy it.

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

7 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

Gibbs of course was and will always be legendary in the story of this franchise. That said, I've grown weary of the narrative of every significant decision this organization makes of having his validation. Move on.

Well said. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

What if Dan becomes the minority owner?  He sells 51% of the team but remains a minority owner. He still enjoys being an owner, but all th e responsibility goes to new owner. He gives the new majority owner, right of first refusal to buy the rest.

Think Modell did this with Ravens.

When the turnaround does happen, who does the trophy get handed to first?

It ain't Dan, if he's the minority owner.

This is what it's about at this point and why that won't happen.

10 minutes ago, hail2skins said:

I was  trying to visualize a scenario that could potentially lead to Snyder voluntarily selling the team.

I know Joe Gibbs at 81 is not the Gibbs 1.0 we all know and revere. His involvement in Dan's decision to hire Rivera is certainly questionable but who better was going to work for Snyder?

Ae you saying that Gibbs wouldn't at least be an improvement over Snyder? Particularly if, as he does with his racing team, he acts as a figurehead and pays the bills while giving freedom to his employees to do their jobs without micromanaging them.

I don't know H2S I'm just frustrated and looking for some sign of hope in this mess.

58 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Word on the streets...

Alert- breaking news!!!

Redskins One reportedly took off in a hurry less than an hour ago with Dan Snyder in Winnie the Pooh pajamas running up the ramp.

The plane was packed to capacity with boxes of cash, gold ingots, diamonds, furs, and a collection of "Good Bits" dvds of cheer leaders

Flight plan indicates Venezuela is the destination. Incidentally the US has no extradition treaty with Venezuela 

Snyder was the lone passenger.

It is believed that Tanya is still in Dallas being personally "entertained" and "satisfied" by Jerry Jones.

More details to come.

Fear not friends old man Rye and his fact finding team are working non-stop just for you!

alright that might be enough internet for me today 

• Haha 1