Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

9 hours ago, dyst said:

Ron and company think they have built a great team and any QB can take us over the top. What they fail to realize is that we are at best an ordinary team and only an elite QB can put us over the top. Any other QB and we’re where we are currently at.

Remember, Ron and co believed we had a 11-12 win team; when all is said and done they maybe right about the 11-12 number. Thing is instead of 11-12 wins, they will have 11-12 losses.

Ron peaked in year 1. 2023 will not be any better. The division will get stronger and we will fall further behind.

And when Ron is finally given the boot; the next guy will be worse.

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Flowers is easily worth $10M? Nobody else in the NFL agrees, and he’s looking like John Goodman ate another John Goodman right now. So what exactly are we talking about this guy for

Im not talking this point - im talking when the team made the moves to sign two washed up guys instead of flowers

38 minutes ago, tomwvr said:

Im not talking this point - im talking when the team made the moves to sign two washed up guys instead of flowers

…but Flowers is not in the NFL right now for multiple reasons, including that he can’t because he’s so over his playing weight…so who is more washed up? 

I’m on board with the idea that we shouldn’t have banked on two older ex-Panthers OG to hold down the interior. The Flowers stuff is what is puzzling to me. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Remember, Ron and co believed we had a 11-12 win team; when all is said and done they maybe right about the 11-12 number. Thing is instead of 11-12 wins, they will have 11-12 losses.

Ron peaked in year 1. 2023 will not be any better. The division will get stronger and we will fall further behind.

And when Ron is finally given the boot; the next guy will be worse.

Murphys-Law-2.jpg;)

• Thumb up 1

10 hours ago, Conn said:

…but Flowers is not in the NFL right now for multiple reasons, including that he can’t because he’s so over his playing weight…so who is more washed up? 

I’m on board with the idea that we shouldn’t have banked on two older ex-Panthers OG to hold down the interior. The Flowers stuff is what is puzzling to me. 

My thought was that if they had kept flowers he would not be out of shape but it football shape and would have done better than these guys.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Riggo#44 said:

Maybe there is a reason they let Flowers walk...

Maybe theres a reason they didnt treat Williams well enough to keep him.  Maybe theres a reason they let Moses walk.  Maybe theres a reason they let Scherff walk.  Maybe with 1 of those they had a good reason, though I dont think too many people are going to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Its hard to get credit for maybe making a good move the 4th time when you botch 3 before it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Peregrine said:

Maybe theres a reason they didnt treat Williams well enough to keep him.  Maybe theres a reason they let Moses walk.  Maybe theres a reason they let Scherff walk.  Maybe with 1 of those they had a good reason, though I dont think too many people are going to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Its hard to get credit for maybe making a good move the 4th time when you botch 3 before it.

Flowers is currently grossly out of shape. That should tell you enough. It has nothing to do with any of the other players. I don't recall anyone complaining about letting Scherff walk for that much money.

6 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

Still pains me to see how we did Trent. Dude was am absolute warrior and gave this franchise everything and we couldn't even up his contract to mediate the situation. 

Yeah, but one, that bridge was mostly torched by Allen. I'm fairly certain Williams wanted the moon to stay. I still love watching Williams crush people.

• Like 3

If crashing this season is an inpetus for Dan to sell, i am all for it.

It's just a theory obviously I got no idea for sure.  But reading some tea leaves.

A.  This is a key season for the rebranding to take.

B.  They are expecting an upticket of ticket sales

C. Dan is expecting a good season -- a season where he's redeemed where the franchise looks to be on the right track because they FINALLY have a QB

D.  they think Virginia will reconsider the stadium money if they have a good season this year

E.  Launching the stadium -- getting this deal done next year is critical

So if all of this goes afoul wonder if Dan might actually consider it...or at a minimum the pressure is amped on him. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So if all of this goes afoul wonder if Dan might actually consider it...or at a minimum the pressure is amped on him. 

According to Forbes, the value of the team went up over a billion dollars between 2021 and 2022.  Looking at all NFL teams, the value of the average franchise went up 18%.

It's hard to imagine anyone, and especially Mr. Snyder, selling an asset that is increasing in value year after year.  Even if 2022 was an anomaly and the value only goes up by a mere $250M in 2023, that should at least cover his beer tab.  I just don't see him walking away from that kind of money.  There are very few companies that can turn a profit if they are hated by their customers, but in the NFL, it just doesn't matter.  Every owner makes massive money every year, even if they make no effort to be good.

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

6 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

According to Forbes, the value of the team went up over a billion dollars between 2021 and 2022.  Looking at all NFL teams, the value of the average franchise went up 18%.

It's hard to imagine anyone, and especially Mr. Snyder, selling an asset that is increasing in value year after year.  Even if 2022 was an anomaly and the value only goes up by a mere $250M in 2023, that should at least cover his beer tab.  I just don't see him walking away from that kind of money.  There are very few companies that can turn a profit if they are hated by their customers, but in the NFL, it just doesn't matter.  Every owner makes massive money every year, even if they make no effort to be good.

If it causes no joy and you have cash flow issues on top, it might make sense to sell regardless. Also, while NFL teams obviously are a pretty safe investment, it's not like he ain't gonna be able to make a similar ROI somewhere else.

Let's hope that's the case.

• Thumb up 1

12 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

An argument we are all familiar with.

But there are arguments from some plugged in people, some of whom were once pessmistic on this front, who see it as a possibility. 

I don't feel like rehashing all those arguments but its been hit on this thread quite a bit.

Russell, of all people among others (a dude who actually doesn't hate snyder ironically) who has had decent contacts in that FO said recently -- its actually naive to think its not possible now.  In the past he used to think its naive to think it is possible.  He's far from alone.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So if all of this goes afoul wonder if Dan might actually consider it...or at a minimum the pressure is amped on him

I cant remember a season with so much placed pressure. 

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Russell, of all people among others (a dude who actually doesn't hate snyder ironically) who has had decent contacts in that FO said recently -- its actually naive to think its not possible now.  In the past he used to think its naive to think it is possible.  He's far from alone.

People give Russell a ton of crap but hes been exceedingly well connected in the upper portions of the organizations. He had a the ear of the ownership group for a long time outside of the snyders. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

31 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

I cant remember a season with so much placed pressure. 

Yep that's why I wonder if a bad season has more legs than usual.

31 minutes ago, Zim489 said:

People give Russell a ton of crap but hes been exceedingly well connected in the upper portions of the organizations. He had a the ear of the ownership group for a long time outside of the snyders. 

He's cranky on the radio and some don't like him for it.  He got the Cowher thing wrong years back, etc.  But he's done well for years as for FO leaks -- he along with Grant broke the Scot was let go story, the Doug hire, a bunch of assistant coaching hires among other things. 

16 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Actually, there won’t be too many people left who can afford an nfl franchise; as franchise values skyrocket.

This franchise can be sold at minimum $5 Billion and likely much higher than that.

Some think maybe 7 billion

• Thumb up 1

25 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Well, I'm sure it's "possible".  Its also possible that he is compelled to sell by the other owners.  Here's why I think it's only a longshot:

1.  I'd bet everything I own that he has dirt on almost all of the 31 other owners and Goodell.  Really good dirt that the public has no inkling of. He'll fight until the end.

2.  Most people think of Mr. Snyder as "the jerk who owns the Redskins/Football Team/Commanders."  If he sells, he'll just be thought of as "the jerk."

3.  If he sells and the Commanders become successful - and it's bound to happen sooner or later - it will confirm that he was the sole cause of three decades of futility.

The best scenario for Mr. Snyder selling is if the other owners pay him to sell.  And I doubt that will happen.  The next best scenario is if he gets a super deal on a new stadium. That might boost the team value high enough for him to sell at a price that would cement his place as the world's greatest businessman. 

I'm not holding my breath though.

• Thumb down 1

15 minutes ago, theTruthTeller said:

Well, I'm sure it's "possible".  Its also possible that he is compelled to sell by the other owners.  Here's why I think it's only a longshot:

1.  I'd bet everything I own that he has dirt on almost all of the 31 other owners and Goodell.  Really good dirt that the public has no inkling of. He'll fight until the end.

2.  Most people think of Mr. Snyder as "the jerk who owns the Redskins/Football Team/Commanders."  If he sells, he'll just be thought of as "the jerk."

3.  If he sells and the Commanders become successful - and it's bound to happen sooner or later - it will confirm that he was the sole cause of three decades of futility.

The best scenario for Mr. Snyder selling is if the other owners pay him to sell.  And I doubt that will happen.  The next best scenario is if he gets a super deal on a new stadium. That might boost the team value high enough for him to sell at a price that would cement his place as the world's greatest businessman. 

I'm not holding my breath though.

Cool. All arguments I am among others are familiar with as others here are, too.  I know house money is on Dan being on the throne forever.

But as have been pointed out by some who in the past were VERY skeptical about Dan ever selling, there are more moving parts that could compel him to sell than in the past and by a mile.  Points that i and others have posted on here.  I just don't have the energy to repackage them.

My gut is he does sell.  Not any time soon.  Maybe 2-3 years but eventually it happens.   Will see. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

37 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

There aren’t too many people left who can 5 Billion or greater for a franchise.

You will probably see groups of people joining together to buy franchises in the future.

This has been happening for decades. Most teams have ownership groups with a majority owner. Including us until last year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1