Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

1 minute ago, Conn said:

Don’t we have a young DB Coach who is pretty highly regarded? Is it Chris Harris? lol who gives a ****, give him a shot. Can’t be much worse than most of the last two years 

The secondary was a disaster last year.  But the DL was a disaster last season.  And the LBs were a disaster last season.  

Can Masko coach the OL and be the DC?

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

not much to this story

That is literally old news. 

Sigh.  Not that I was expecting much of anything.

I don't expect Jack to get fired, and I didn't expect the stadium thing to pass regardless of Jack's liquored up rantings.

At least Dotson looked good. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Having heard anything of JDR leaving.  Don't know anything about Eric Washington. You also got Steve Wilks who is back in Carolina and once coached under Rivera. 

Good call.  I forgot about Wilks, and he is not Carolina's DC.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Some folks look at the following and for some odd reason think that a war is going on…

image.gif.7c4b86f4c9576546660a2ee872c74d1b.gif

…Others look at it and only notice the piano in the foreground and later wonder what all the fuss over this clearly trivial  “dust up” was all about.

And some folks are just in the wrong profession.

So why is there a piano...?

Street music, wesponized???  I need more. 

Edited by CommDownMan

41 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

So why is there a piano...?

Street music, wesponized???  I need more. 

One of the great ironies of life is that often those who utilize sarcasm most frequently are the ones who fail to observe when it's being used by another.

Which is my longwinded way of saying: I'm going to answer your question as if you're being sincere. If I'm wrong and this was just a joke-- you got me.

The scene is from Saving Private Ryan which I haven't seen in at least 10 years so some if this may be off.

The piano was played by the typist earlier in the movie during a critical change in tempo; a brief interlude where all of the characters had a break from the war. Some spent that time reflecting on their lives, their loved ones, the purpose and absurdity of their unique mission to save one man out of millions when all around them thousands upon thousands lay dieing and even more are about to die.

Then the final battle begins. Chaos surrounds them. It's kill or be killed time. The ultimate survival of the fittest and the luckiest.

Then in the midst of all that edge of your seat action they run by the piano and subliminally, if just for a moment, we remember that peaceful respite and the utter absurdity and tragedy of what we behold on the screen.

Well done that.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6

38 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

One of the great ironies of life is that often those who utilize sarcasm most frequently are the ones who fail to observe when it's being used by another.

Which is my longwinded way of saying: I'm going to answer your question as if you're being sincere. If I'm wrong and this was just a joke-- you got me.

The scene is from Saving Private Ryan which I haven't seen in at least 10 years so some if this may be off.

I worked at the movie theater when that came out and don't think I've seen it since. 

I honestly forgot about this and genuinely was curious.   Ironically,  I expected a sarcastic answer.   Thanks for the full answer. 

• Thumb up 1

50 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

It it weren't for JDR's political ambitions for when he gets ****canned and Dan clearly supporting his comrades antics - you'd win the post of the day.  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Hooper said:

This isn't the first time. The fact that Ron can't just tell JDR to stop tweeting while he's on the staff is concerning. 

Agreed - so much for Rivera-led culture change. 

I can only imagine what the locker room thinks of these unhinged tweets.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Forget the political aspect to these comments.

Why share that? Why get baited into that?

As a coach, why would you allow yourself to get baited into that? Is he that tonedeaf that he doesn't understand that those comments are going to ruffle feathers in the locker room? 

Another distraction in an organization that is full of them. I wonder when Rivera throws in the towel on this.

Edited by KDawg
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

This isn't a good look. The internet people are in outrage mode, again. I think we may need to get out in front of this and just go ahead and rename our defensive coordinator. Something military themed would be perfect.

Captain Redstate it is! We need to get Tanya working on the concept art for the rebrand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Forget the political aspect to these comments, which is wildly obvious.

People believe in all sorts of things I do and don't agree with. In this case, for the record, I think he's way off base and I'm going to leave it there because this is The Stadium. 

But, on topic: As a coach, why would you allow yourself to get baited into that? Is he that tonedeaf that he doesn't understand that those comments are going to ruffle feathers in the locker room? 

Another distraction in an organization that is full of them. I wonder when Rivera throws in the towel on this.

Because Ron is employing an individual who is an adolescent in adult clothing.  Del Rio has demonstrated this ad nauseam.  Extremely unfortunate.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully, Ron is still bashing him for being stupid and won't stop for quite some times. You're a pro sports football coach. Stick to football and keep your personnal opinions for yourself.

Especially when you're part of an organisation with that much scandals surrounding you.

Ron said it not so long ago that all those noise was boring and do not helping him work quietly. Now that's one of your own coaches that puts on a mess he could have seen coming from miles away.

As usual, this shows how ****ed up we are.

First-rate people hire other first-rate people.

Second-rate people hire third-rate people

Third-rate people hire fifth-rate people.

We're obviously sixth-rate people, at best.

• Like 2
  • Thumb down 1

OK. There was a BIG warning post from TK about a page ago - let me make it even clearer. In the Stadium we do NOT talk about politics. Period.

In this thread feel free to talk about Del Rio the defensive coordinator and how he handles the D. If you want to talk about his politics take it the Tailgate. There is however a grey area of  how his public statements might impact his ability to coach the D, thats fair game in here but you can have that conversation without getting into the specifics of any political position. If you are in doubt if what you are going to say gets into the political area - don't post it.

From here on out any poster talking in this thread about politics or sharing tweets which are not specifically about Del Rio in a football context will be getting warnings and bans.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MartinC said:

OK. There was a BIG warning post from TK about a page ago - let me make it even clearer. In the Stadium we do NOT talk about politics. Period.

In this thread feel free to talk about Del Rio the defensive coordinator and how he handles the D. If you want to talk about his politics take it the Tailgate. There is however a grey area of  how his public statements might impact his ability to coach the D, thats fair game in here but you can have that conversation without getting into the specifics of any political position. If you are in doubt if what you are going to say gets into the political area - don't post it.

From here on out any poster talking in this thread about politics or sharing tweets which are not specifically about Del Rio in a football context will be getting warnings and bans.

Amen. I don’t care about his politics, only if he can coach. And his track record says he can. I have a feeling people would not be complaining about it if his politics agreed with theirs.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 hours ago, KDawg said:

Forget the political aspect to these comments, which is wildly obvious.

People believe in all sorts of things I do and don't agree with. In this case, for the record, I think he's way off base and I'm going to leave it there because this is The Stadium. 

But, on topic: As a coach, why would you allow yourself to get baited into that? Is he that tonedeaf that he doesn't understand that those comments are going to ruffle feathers in the locker room? 

The political comments on this can go to the tailgate.

Jack is free to believe what to believe what he wants. 

Making his comments on twitter; a public forum is stupid. Jack has brought an un-needed distraction to the team that has plenty of distractions.

His views brings another unwanted spotlight.

Then, we really don’t know how the defensive players may feel about his views. We know they aren’t buying his coaching/schemes due to their poor play.

The player will say, **** that guy; I am not listening to him.  Because he made his personal views public; the players who don’t care for those views will use that as another reason to tune him out.

I actually think this will impact our defense this year and even if the offense does well; the defense won’t. This could put a kibash on any playoffs this year.

Edited by 88Comrade2000

You know what’s sad that team has with various problems has crossed the line where the political realm has intruded. 

It will be nice when that no longer happens and it’s just football.

4 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

If the defense lets this situation negatively impact their play on the field, then they probably shouldn’t be playing anyway. Leave all the disagreements behind and go out and destroy QBs and intercept passes/recover fumbles. That’s their job 

True, but we’ve heard the players aren’t buying into what Jack wants to do on defense and this will just feed into further resistance to Del Rio.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, woodpecker said:

Amen. I don’t care about his politics, only if he can coach. And his track record says he can. I have a feeling people would not be complaining about it if his politics agreed with theirs.

You were Ok up to the last sentence. That last sentence is bringing politics into the conversation. You will be getting a warning for this and I am flagging that publicly so people can see where the line is being drawn here.