Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

43 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

There’s literally ZERO things wrong morally with having a memorial (with fans memories/stories of Sean Taylor, because that’s actually what the memorial is going to be) on the anniversary of his death. What’s morally wrong about honoring the man? Hmm? Answer that.

So just to clarify, you are leaving exactly 0% chance that this is a money grab or disingenuous. You don’t believe it’s at all possible. There isn’t even .0001% of you that thinks it’s possible, despite all you’ve seen from this team and owner. You feel 1000% certain and comfortable with your opinion on this as you disagree with numerous reasonable people here, to the point where you are coming off like a bit of a prick over something you can’t possibly know for sure. 

Can I just get you to acknowledge how arrogant and off-putting that is from a fellow human being? You seem to skim posts and immediately fire back with a flippant condescension that is tough to break through, but I think it would help a lot of people here take you more seriously if you acknowledged that you could be wrong on this. As most people who have ever ascribed genuine intentions to Snyder over the years have been. 

hint: What people are saying is that it’s about getting people to the games, to get them in the stadium with a ticket and buying things—not just ST-related merch. Same as mascot reveals. Same as fight song reveals. Same as all-black or all-white clothing “themed games”, same as Ring of Fame inductions and ceremonies. It’s even presented next to these other marketing gimmicks. Not hard to spot. 

That’s what people are saying, in case I haven’t given you enough credit and there was any confusion what we’re all arguing about. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

People saying this is a money grab are clueless as ****. The proceeds went to Sean’s kid.

We’re talking about a memorial for a young man who turned his life around and was taken too soon. Have some respect… and know what the **** you’re talking about before bashing others opinions.

all that said, I hate Snyder and just about everything he has done to this once proud franchise.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

My “loyalty to Snyder”? What the actual ****? You’ve clearly missed posts where I’ve called him out 😂😂😂😂  My “loyalty to his money”? I don’t spend money on season tickets, so again, what the actual ****? Lmaooooooooo. Wow. 

just wow

trying to get people to realize what they’re doing next November isn’t a moneygrab is seen as me being “disrespectful”? Yeah. Lol. Ok. 

oh, youre still here. hmph, toodaloo

Do all ticket sales go to the his family also? 

what better way to get people in the door than once again another Sean Taylor event

Edited by Fan since a Fetus

10 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Except any merch having to do with Sean taylor isnt a money grab. You realize all proceeds of Sean Taylor Merch goes to his daughter right? So how in the world exactly is that a money grab by the organization?

2 minutes ago, CTskin said:

People saying this is a money grab are clueless as ****. The proceeds went to Sean’s kid.

We’re talking about a memorial for a young man who turned his life around and was taken too soon. Have some respect… and know what the **** you’re talking about before bashing others opinions.

all that said, I hate Snyder and just about everything he has done to this once proud franchise.

Because they will sell other merch too?  And bridge the new brand to the old brand thus improve market share?  

If this were the first time, okay sure, but when people show you who they are, believe them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Because they will sell other merch too?  And bridge the new brand to the old brand thus improve market share?  

If this were the first time, okay sure, but when people show you who they are, believe them.

I’m not speaking on the game itself im speaking strictly in Sean Taylor merchandise. But even the memorial for Sean has been known for months now. This has been known since November that this was going to happen at some point this season. And the website for fans to contribute to the memorial with stories and photos has been open since Sean’s birthday on April 1st. This isn’t something that just magically appeared out of thin air. 
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-football-team-to-build-physical-memorial-of-former-pro-bowler-sean-taylor-at-fedexfield/amp/

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

I’m not speaking on the game itself im speaking strictly in Sean Taylor merchandise. But even the memorial for Sean has been known for months now. This has been known since November that this was going to happen at some point this season. And the website for fans to contribute to the memorial with stories and photos has been open since Sean’s birthday on April 1st. This isn’t something that just magically appeared out of thin air. 
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-football-team-to-build-physical-memorial-of-former-pro-bowler-sean-taylor-at-fedexfield/amp/

But it just magically appeared leading up to their first season as Commanders?  Last year was poorly planned because it was hastily thrown together to distract from current events.  This year is meticulously planned to help with the rebrand.  Not sure which is worse.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 86 Snyder said:

But it just magically appeared leading up to their first season as Commanders?  Last year was poorly planned because it was hastily thrown together to distract from current events.  This year is meticulously planned to help with the rebrand.  Not sure which is worse.

Sooo your solution is……what exactly? For the team to do nothing? To just say “never mind the fact todays the anniversary of his passing, we won’t honor him”? Then there would be people crying that they should’ve done something and that doing nothing is a slap to the face. 

Just now, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Sooo your solution is……what exactly? For the team to do nothing? To just say “never mind the fact todays the anniversary of his passing, we won’t honor him”? Then there would be people crying that they should’ve done something and that doing nothing is a slap to the face. 

Not **** it up the first 72 times?

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

It was planned three months before the rebrand happened. And idk maybe JUST Maybe it could have something to do with you know the 15 year anniversary of his death. Look you can call it a money grab whatever. Maybe it is maybe it isn’t. But why does it matter? Like seriously in the grand scheme of thing who cares? Sean deserves it that’s the only thing in the world that should matter. He deserves to have the fans there to celebrate him. I could give two craps whether Dan gets the money or not because my life doesn’t revolve around Dan and my love for the team and for Sean far outweighs my hate for Dan. Dan very well might be using it as a marketing gimmick who knows. But either way Sean absolutely deserves this honor and for once I wish people could just stop and look at that for a second 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Thats beside the point though. I’m talking about NEXT season, on 11/27. What’s your solution for this upcoming 11/27? To just do nothing? 

It IS the point.  Precisely.  They lost the benefit of the doubt so Dan and Sean need a break.  Dan needs to be on his own for awhile.

3 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

It was planned three months before the rebrand happened. And idk maybe JUST Maybe it could have something to do with you know the 15 year anniversary of his death. Look you can call it a money grab whatever. Maybe it is maybe it isn’t. But why does it matter? Like seriously in the grand scheme of thing who cares? Sean deserves it that’s the only thing in the world that should matter. He deserves to have the fans there to celebrate him. I could give two craps whether Dan gets the money or not because my life doesn’t revolve around Dan and my love for the team and for Sean far outweighs my hate for Dan. Dan very well might be using it as a marketing gimmick who knows. But either way Sean absolutely deserves this honor and for once I wish people could just stop and look at that for a second 

3 whole months?  Well suck me sideways.  And here I thought they were linked.

4 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

It IS the point.  Precisely.  They lost the benefit of the doubt so Dan and Sean need a break.  Dan needs to be on his own for awhile.

So they should just wait and do this 5-10 years later? The fans aren’t going to hate Dan any less 5-10 years later than they do now. Time wouldn’t fix this at all. So if that’s what your solution is, that doesn’t work any better. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

2 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

3 whole months?  Well suck me sideways.  And here I thought they were linked.

Way to completely miss the story entire point of the rest of the post. You wanna be pissed off because they wanna honor Sean again so be it. Doesn’t mean everyone has to be. Personally I don’t care if they honor the man every year because the dude deserves it. And not just because of what he did on the field but because of the man he was becoming and because he died trying to protect his family and for his daughter to feel the love this fan base had for her father. Sign me up for the all the marketing gimmicks if that’s the case 

9 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

So they should just wait and do this 5-10 years later? The fans aren’t going to hate Dan any less 5-10 years later than they do now. Time wouldn’t fix this at all. So if that’s what your solution is, that doesn’t work any better. 

Yeah, prove its not about the rebrand.  Do it for his 21st.  15 has no special significance anyway.

7 minutes ago, Mrshadow008 said:

Way to completely miss the story entire point of the rest of the post. You wanna be pissed off because they wanna honor Sean again so be it. Doesn’t mean everyone has to be. Personally I don’t care if they honor the man every year because the dude deserves it. And not just because of what he did on the field but because of the man he was becoming and because he died trying to protect his family and for his daughter to feel the love this fan base had for her father. Sign me up for the all the marketing gimmicks if that’s the case 

I share every word of your sentiment for Sean.  Them botching his jersey retirement was the final straw for me as a fan under this owner.  This is the only thread I visit in the Stadium anymore, purely in hopes of Snyder going down in flames so I can come back.

That’s enough though.  You fellas can take it from here.

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, 86 Snyder said:

Yeah, prove its not about the rebrand.  Do it for his 21st.  15 has no special significance anyway.

I share every word of your sentiment for Sean.  Them botching his jersey retirement was the final straw for me as a fan under this owner.  This is the only thread I visit in the Stadium anymore, purely in hopes of Snyder going down in flames so I can come back.

That’s enough though.  You fellas can take it from here.

Look man I get it. It pissed me off too. And i get the feelings about Dan 100% I do. And im sure some will think its hypocritical that im a first time season ticket holder this year and to be honest i had no intention of buying season tickets. I just decided that if I didnt do it just to spite Snyder then I felt like i was letting him take away a life long dream and something I loved even more so than he already had. I refuse to give Snyder even more power than he already has

I don't get all the "Sean deserves it" arguments here. People slamming Dan Snyder or the organization for transparently using any lever to generate just a little interest in their team doesn't mean they are also slamming each and every one of those levers. 

I can think the Sean Taylor thing is tacky and a money grab while not hating Sean Taylor. As an aside, I do think it's a little ridiculous that he has been elevated to the status of sainthood or angel and now essentially has his own annual holiday on the Redskins calendar. He was an improving player and an improving human who was tragically killed, but his status as "probably the best safety of all-time" is grossly overstated. Anyway, that's beside the point :)

The point is...Snyder uses any excuse he can to put an extra 100 people in his seats to buy a few beers, maybe buy a jersey, hopefully not break a guard rail, and pay for parking. If he can think up a theme night or rename the press box after a great coach or player (who most likely played or coached before he bought the team), he'll do that. 

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

The thing LAST year was a joke. AGREED. That’s not what the topic is though. Maybe try to keep up.

The topic, FYI, is the memorial for NEXT season (which will be shown on 11/27, the day he died). 

I'm not here often but I see you continue with the bad takes.  Trotting out a Sean Taylor tribute every time the team is under scrutiny, and no team ever has been under more scrutiny than this group, is just so weak and a disservice to the memory of the great Sean Taylor.  This is not just my opinion. I heard a radio guy voice the same opinion and so have others in this thread.  The first tribute was hastily done to try to buy good will at a time when Snyder was under fire, this is obvious. Equally obvious is that he is doing this again to try to buy good will. 

I'm not saying we should not honor the 15 year anniversary but the question has to be asked:  Why at 15 years? Would the 10 year anniversary not be more significant?  Of course it was, but they weren't under this much pressure 5 years ago. This should be obvious.    

But please continue with your "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" approach because it keeps the board interesting.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thumb up 1

13 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I'm not here often but I see you continue with the bad takes.  Trotting out a Sean Taylor tribute every time the team is under scrutiny, and no team ever has been under more scrutiny than this group, is just so weak and a disservice to the memory of the great Sean Taylor.  This is not just my opinion. I heard a radio guy voice the same opinion and so have others in this thread.

But please continue with your "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" approach because it keeps the board interesting.  

Please, share with me what the team is under scrutiny for 5 months from now 😂 11/27 is the anniversary of his death. That’s it. That’s the reason. This whole thing is people whining just to whine. 

as someone else said, it’s literally a memorial with memories and pictures from fans. Oh my, HOW AWFUL! How DARE they allow fans to share memories and pictures of the guy and turn it into a nice memorial of the guy. Shame on them!! 

Seeing this as a good thing isn’t a “bad take”. Good lord 🙄

Edited by Cooleyfan1993
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Please, share with me what the team is under scrutiny for 5 months from now 😂 11/27 is the anniversary of his death. That’s it. That’s the reason. This whole thing is people whining just to whine. 

as someone else said, it’s literally a memorial with memories and pictures from fans. Oh my, HOW AWFUL! How DARE they allow fans to share memories and pictures of the guy and turn it into a nice memorial of the guy. Shame on them!! 

You refuse to see how Snyder is simply over using this tragedy to take the heat off of him as he continues to try to buy good will.  You can't see the interesting timing of this announcement, again why at 15 years and not at 10?  That's because he was not under this amount of pressure 5 years ago.  Everyone can see this. Other than you. 

You pretty much defend Daniel Snyder at every turn against well deserved criticism because he was nice to you when you were a kid.   LOL.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Haha 1

I'd agree if they had started it in 2008, but they didn't. It just became a great idea in 2021 for some reason. Then they buffooned it. Now want a mulligan.

Also, back in 2007 they trashed GW for running the 10-man formation and decided that was disrespectful of Gibbs, therefore he wasn't worthy of the head coach job. 

Clown owner is the only common denominator in all of this. Clowns gonna clown after all!!!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

You refuse to see how Snyder is simply over using this tragedy to take the heat off of him as he continues to try to buy good will.  You pretty much defend Daniel Snyder at every turn against well deserved criticism because he was nice to you when you were a kid.   LOL.  

Clearly you’ve missed my posts where i TRASH the owner. he 👏🏻 Is👏🏻 A👏🏻 piece👏🏻 Of 👏🏻 garbageeeeeeeeee👏🏻 I quite Literally agree. How clearer can i make it 😂 should i offer you some glasses? Hmm? 

also, what “heat” can the team possibly predict for FIVE months into the future? If he did something next November and they THEN throw this together, that’s one thing (that was the case last season, yes. But as of this point in time, this isn’t being used to cover for any bad press. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993

Clearly you’ve missed my posts where i TRASH the owner. he 👏🏻 Is👏🏻 A👏🏻 piece👏🏻 Of 👏🏻 garbageeeeeeeeee👏🏻 I quite Literally agree. How clearer can i make it 😂 should i offer you some glasses? Hmm? 

also, what “heat” can the team possibly predict for FIVE months into the future? If he did something next November and they THEN throw this together, that’s one thing (that was the case last season, yes. But as of this point in time, this isn’t being used to cover for any bad press. 

This isn't about 5 months from now. They made this announcement NOW, when the heat has never been higher. 

Jeez you are one stubborn poster.  

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

This isn't about 5 months from now. They made this announcement NOW, when the heat has never been higher. 

Jeez you are one stubborn poster.  

They made this announcement in November actually. Try again. 

the memorial has been in the works since NOVEMBER. 

Edited by Cooleyfan1993