Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

22 minutes ago, Hooper said:

My buddy is a Raiders fan and said JDR's tweeting issues goes back to his Head coaching job days in Oakland and that his tweets divided the locker room.

How can he not simply stay off social media? Why can't Ron simply tell him to or else? Bizarre. 

Yes, that's not the first time he got caught with his pants down for stupid tweets. You have to wonder if the guy will ever learn about using his right to shut up sometimes...

24 minutes ago, COWBOY-KILLA- said:

He’s an idiot. Plain and simple. Either dont talk about any of this bogus lunacy or lose your job. Just shut it. 

He's obviously an idiot, and it's nothing new for many people outside the NFL.

Then you have to wonder why it takes so long for those within the NFL to acknowledge that this guy is an idiot and will make you look like one too...

Simple answer would be that they already are and can't help themselves too...

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

I wonder who sat JDR down n told him he needs to write an apology?  🤔

My guess: they had a meeting, which included lawyers and HR, and then probably a lawyer told him. Or somebody from HR. 

But this wasn’t Ron pulling him aside in a hallway.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

My guess: they had a meeting, which included lawyers and HR, and then probably a lawyer told him. Or somebody from HR. 

But this wasn’t Ron pulling him aside in a hallway.  

Why would lawyers have to get involved? He can’t be sued for his tweets can he? He can get fired, so HR sitting him down would make sense though. 

i could also see Rivera finding out about the tweets today and finally sitting him down and saying “look, STOP TWEETING! They’re making YOU look bad, and they’re making the team look bad, i dont want to have to fire you but i will if i have to” 

2 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Why would lawyers have to get involved? He can’t be sued for his tweets can he? He can get fired, so HR sitting him down would make sense though. 

i could also see Rivera finding out about the tweets today and finally sitting him down and saying “look, STOP TWEETING! They’re making YOU look bad, and they’re making the team look bad, i dont want to have to fire you but i will if i have to” 

It was probably Rivera and Wright.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

As an employer there are rules about what you can tell employees about what they do in their private lives and private social media.  If you overstep those bounds you open yourself up to a lawsuit.  Especially if they fire Jack at some point, they do not want to leave themselves open to any type of violation. 

Especially for an organization which was criticized for not having an HR department and lack of policies, and they are being graded on that quarterly by an outside auditor, you want to make sure you follow all the rules.  

20 minutes ago, FLSkinz83 said:

It was probably Rivera and Wright.

It might have been, but I doubt it.  See above.  They might have been involved.  But I bet there were other players.  

• Like 1

Sadly, as much as I wish for Zimmer or Fangio, I think it's too late in the season to bring in a new coordinator 6 months into the offseason. Between Ron, the new DC, and the players, I don't think it would be doable to get everything working together this late.

If they have a Social Media policy that says something like "don't make posts detrimental to the team" maybe they could argue JDR's done that more than once. If he was warned about it before and has continued to post anyway, I guess that might be enough?

Or Dan might just be annoyed enough about the vote and be looking for a scapegoat. He may not have lost because of JDR, but he can sure blame him for it.

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, he’s out the team in a bad spot.  You really shouldn’t fire anybody for their political views as long as they are not impeding them from doing their job. Just like you shouldn’t fire somebody for their race, gender or sexual orientation.  

Are his political views impeding him from doing his job? Maybe.  

But firing people because of their beliefs (even if I don’t agree with Jack here at all) is a massively slippery slope.  He would almost certainly have a wrongful termination lawsuit which, unless they can prove his views and tweets were impacting his ability to do his job, he almost certainly would win.  (Or would settle, most likely)

I mean, if they could figure out how to do it, I’d fire him today and bring Fangio or Zimmer in for a season.  

But I don’t know if they can. 

He needs to stop tweeting for sure, however

And the true Irony is Dan is probably livid with him because Of the bad press around the stadium vote but might also agree with him.  

The false equivalency here is baffling.

Conduct detrimental to the team. If a ****ing barista at Starbucks needs to tow the company line because they represent Starbucks, then the No. 2 coach on the ****ing team needs to conduct himself antithetically to how he is.  And to double down! How stupid does a guy have to be to double down?!

He did it in Commanders gear, at an event for Commanders employees, speaking for the Commanders. The mental gymnastics to give him even the slightest benefit of the doubt is way more than I can do.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Revenge Of The Sith Prequel GIF

A few reminders. :)

You are HERE: 

The Stadium

Enjoy speaking about the Washington Commanders Football Team in friendly confines amongst your fellow Commanders fans.

You ARE NOT here:

The Tailgate

Use this forum to participate in off-topic discussions (politics, entertainment, history, technology, humor, etc.)

Read This To Avoid a Ban: Only One Forum Here is for Political/Sociopolitical Comments---the Tailgate

4. Please post your message in the appropriate forum.
Familiarize yourself with each forum description. Please be considerate and respectful to our visitors who frequent particular forums to gain knowledge on particular topics. Resist the temptation to post irrelevant topics in an inappropriate forum to achieve a wider audience. Moderators may move your post if it's more relevant to another forum or administer a penalty.

18. Adhere to the directives and recommendations of the ExtremeSkins Staff.

darth vader GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

The false equivalency here is baffling.

Conduct detrimental to the team. If a ****ing barista at Starbucks needs to tow the company line because they represent Starbucks, then the No. 2 coach on the ****ing team needs to conduct himself antithetically to how he is.  And to double down! How stupid does a guy have to be to double down?!

He did it in Commanders gear, at an event for Commanders employees, speaking for the Commanders. The mental gymnastics to give him even the slightest benefit of the doubt is way more than I can do.

I don't disagree with you, but there are laws.  And there are lawyers.  And both of those things make things more complicated than maybe they should be. 

The question is, is it REALLY conduct detrimental?  I mean, I think so.  You think so.  But there are a lot of folks who probably agree with Jack, and don't think so.  And I don't know that the NFL or the team has a stance that forced everybody to follow on any of these political topics.  So, if there isn't something saying "though shalt not say whatever" then it becomes harder.

Look, I've seen this at play.  One of my former colleagues who believes exactly what Jack does went on a twitter rampage, and the company couldn't really do much about it.  

So, we'll see. 

Perhaps a statement from Mr Snyder is forthcoming:

"An important message to all  Commander fans from their beloved owner.

It pains me to say this but you don't deserve a fine owner like me. I am tired of dealing with your constant bickering, whining and slovenly behavior. You disgust me. All of you. Yes you too!

For that reason and for the good of the my beleaguered family I have regretably decided to sell the team and take my billions away with me to a far far better place. 

But first I want to curse and spit on those of you who bad mouthed me-- especially you vile heathen Extremeskins scum.

May God continue to bless me and may my enemies receive the terrible fate that awaits them as they suffer eternal agony in the fiery pit of damnation.

You will miss me when I am gone.

Best wishes and happy Hanukka,

Daniel Poindexter Snyder,

Owner Extraordinaire"

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Sadly, as much as I wish for Zimmer or Fangio, I think it's too late in the season to bring in a new coordinator 6 months into the offseason. Between Ron, the new DC, and the players, I don't think it would be doable to get everything working together this late.

Eh, maybe.  You'd have to talk to them and see if they could adjust, at least to the terminology. 

Though who knows, the next Zimmer or Fangio might be on the staff waiting to emerge.  

I agree, what you can't do is switch the whole defensive philosophy and terminology at this point.  But those guys are pretty experienced.  They might be able to come in, use what is here, and adapt to it.  

EDIT: It's not going to happen.  But I can dream.

Edited by Voice_of_Reason

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

@Skinsinparadise Would like your feedback on this.  If RR is growing tired of the JDR tweets and if there are issues and a change is made keep an eye on Eric Washington from Buffalo who is serving as their DL coach, currently.  He goes back to Carolina with RR as RR's DC in both 2018 and 2019 before joining McDermott in Buffalo.  A name to keep an eye on.  

Having heard anything of JDR leaving.  Don't know anything about Eric Washington. You also got Steve Wilks who is back in Carolina and once coached under Rivera. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

More drama and distraction. LOL at this clown organization.

I doubt very much the team organized this to distract from what seems to be a very positive OTA session.  

Drama, yes, though.

They really should have convinced JDR to shut down his twitter account a while ago.  That's where they went wrong.  But they're not the first nor will they be the last organization to be subject to one of it's employees getting liquored up and posting stupid stuff.