Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

46 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I'd fire the guy. I don’t trust him not to sabotage the defense, hopefully I'm just being paranoid lol.

“The question is not if I’m being paranoid, it’s if I’m being paranoid enough…” I think that was in a Tom Clancy book or maybe Hunt for Red October.  

• Thanks 1

Fwiw, Ron’s statement I think was strong and appropriate.  

a $100k fine for a coach is nothing to sneeze at.  

The one thing which stood out to me is in the statement it said “I have fined…”

No we, not the organization.  I wonder if there is meaning to that phrasing. Ie: normally, this type of thing would run through ownership.

I have to imagine Dan and her majesty Tonya were consulted.  But they ae not mentioned.   

I don’t know what that means.  Probably nothing.  But it’s notable.  Hence I noted it.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No we, not the organization.  I wonder if there is meaning to that phrasing. Ie: normally, this type of thing would run through ownership.

I have to imagine Dan and her majesty Tonya were consulted.  But they ae not mentioned.   

I don’t know what that means.  Probably nothing.  But it’s notable.  Hence I noted it.

Hopefully the fine is enough to get the media and public moved on to something else. 

If it weren't for the Dust Up comment I think Ron would've defended everything else he said. Unfortunate poor choice of words. 

Just like the COVID vaccine issue last year, this makes zero impact on the locker room. Wentz also didn't get the vaccine, so I think he fits right in here.

Matter of fact, Logan Paulsen said JDR is Chase Young's GUY. Loves the dude. Anyone calling for JDR to be fired for anything other than his defense's performance this season needs their heads checked.

1 minute ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

What’s Del Rio’s contract status?

Cause that seat had to be pretty warm even before he stuck half his shoe collection in his mouth.

Top 5 defense the year before last. Highly doubt his seat is even remotely warm. He's a top 10 defensive coordinator in the league. This will be water under the bridge very soon.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MartinC said:

<snip>
I don't think Del Rio is getting sacked anytime soon and if he is it should because he's failing as a DC not because if some tweets based on his political opinion. 

Why do people keep saying it's about tweets?  It was at a press conference for the team.  THEN he doubled down on it.  THEN someone stole his phone and published his "apology."

It's not about tweets, it's about the idiocy of comparing two very different things, one of which is getting Congressional hearings starting the NEXT DAY, and the other extremely controversial.

This isn't him randomly tweeting "Make America eat more trucks beer meat tuck my Carlson Again" or something like that. The context and content are critical here.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm wondering how much of Del Rio getting fined is an eyeroll and a shoulder shrug from the organization in a response to outside pressure.  

In other words, if Del Rio says what he said and no one makes *ahem* a dust up over it, he's not getting fined because the Commies are committed to being an upstanding franchise.   

Make no mistake, this is not about what Del Rio said.  Rather, it's about the Commanders seizing the opportunity of taking the moral high ground, finally looking like they're doing the right thing for once and stepping in before the NFL could.  

He probably does.  IMO, what he said was stupid but not fine-worthy.  But someone like that can't say anything stupid these days without someone breathing down their neck and wanting them to be fined or fired.  Doesn't matter if it's on company time or not.

So if he said something that wasn't going to cause an instant firestorm, then he wouldn't be fined?  I mean, yeah.  I'm not sure what your point is there.

Whether you agree with what he said or not, there's no doubt that the 5W's and H regarding this were ALL against what he did.  He's one stupid effing stupid.

• Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

So if he said something that wasn't going to cause an instant firestorm, then he wouldn't be fined?  I mean, yeah.  I'm not sure what your point is there.

Whether you agree with what he said or not, there's no doubt that the 5W's and H regarding this were ALL against what he did.  He's one stupid effing stupid.

I'm saying the fine isn't for what he actually said, rather the heat that's come along with it.  In other words the Commanders would have no interest in fining him if they thought what he said was wrong before anyone else pointed it out to them.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FLSkinz83 said:

Just saw that Josh Harris bid on the Broncos.   For those who want Snyder out (Which seems to be everyone), be careful what you wish for.

I'm a Sixers fan and Harris is no better than Snyder.

Wait, what, I thought I read that one of the Walton’s (WalMart tycoons not John-Boy and family) agreed to buy it???

Did I imagine that or did the deal fall apart?

9 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

I'm saying the fine isn't for what he actually said, rather the heat that's come along with it.  In other words the Commanders would have no interest in fining him if they thought what he said was wrong before anyone else pointed it out to them.  

Oh, well, I mean yeah.  He said something that had a nine in eight chance of getting a **** ton of heat.  So yeah, that level of incompetence and the reflection it had on the team, that would warrant a fine.

I'm struggling to see how this is different from saying "If the fire hadn't been set, then there would've been no fire department response."

1 minute ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

Wait, what, I thought I read that one of the Walton’s (WalMart tycoons not John-Boy and family) agreed to buy it???

Did I imagine that or did the deal fall apart?

Walton bought it, but it was reported that Harris was willing to bid 5 billion.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I'd fire the guy. I don’t trust him not to sabotage the defense, hopefully I'm just being paranoid lol.

Yep with the 100K fine he may well have a bone to pick... the mind often works in mysterious vindictive and devious ways.  Especially anyone that has been brainwashed watching the "news" and now feels emboldened to say (and do) things they wouldn't have said 10 years ago.

Edited by RandyHolt
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumb up 1

57 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

Yep with the 100K fine he may well have a bone to pick... the mind often works in mysterious vindictive and devious ways.  Especially anyone that has been brainwashed watching the "news" and now feels emboldened to say (and do) things they would have said 10 years ago.

I don’t think he would sabotage the team.  I also think Ron knows enough about defense he would be able to figure that out pretty quickly.

Its probably over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Jack DelTaco was hired by RR and is part of his staff.

RR decides who 'HIs' DC is, not the organization.
So, it's not that the front office can't fire Jack or fine him, it's the chain of command structure.

Example might be if the front office said fire DelTaco! RR could say 'No. He's my DC and if he goes we all go.'

or

RR could say 'No, but I'll fine him 100k and tell him to stay off social media.'

The fact that Jack DelTaco isn't being held accountable for his underachieving D scheme, uninventive and predictable 3rd down D which was the worst in NFL history.is mind boggling ..not about using his right to free speech in a reckless and negligent manner. 

Edited by TheShredder
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

A lawyer wrote it. It was a well lawyered statement. 

It should not have to happen. 

52 minutes ago, TheShredder said:

The fact that Jack DelTaco isn't being held accountable for his underachieving D scheme, uninventive and predictable 3rd down D which was the worst in NFL history.is mind boggling ..not about using his right to free speech in a reckless and negligent manner. 

I mean, fair.  But that’s not what is being discussed now.  Should Ron have fired him and replaced him in the off season? Maybe.  But I think Ron wants as much continuity as he can get this season.  

Also he kept pointing to maturity last year.  I think there might be something to Ron thought last year was MUCH more on the payers than the coaches.  I don’t know if he is right or not.  But that’s definitely the vibe I get.  

2 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

A lawyer wrote it. It was a well lawyered statement. 

It should not have to happen. 

There’s no question s lawyer wrote it. 

But the “I” vs “we” just struck me as extremely personal and that is a bit odd for a message of this type.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

There’s no question s lawyer wrote it. 

But the “I” vs “we” just struck me as extremely personal and that is a bit odd for a message of this type.  

I agree, and im sure it was the result of a very late meeting last night of about $12,000 per hour worth of lawyers. 

The "I" is probably because the team has no grounds to find him. Regardless of his opinions, unless he specifically breached a part of his contract that forbid some political mention at a team interview, they just have no ground.  Legally you have to have a breach of contract, not just "bad press".

• Thumb down 2

1 hour ago, Peregrine said:

The "I" is probably because the team has no grounds to find him. Regardless of his opinions, unless he specifically breached a part of his contract that forbid some political mention at a team interview, they just have no ground.  Legally you have to have a breach of contract, not just "bad press".

You can fine almost anyone in the NFL for “conduct detrimental” for basically anything. Your argument doesn’t really hold water anyways because if the team didn’t have the authority to fine him, Rivera personally certainly wouldn’t. 

I'm just gonna throw it out there, what he said is valid and is also representative of the opinion of approximately half this country.  If RR doesn't agree with it, ok but who the F is he to fine Del Rio $100 much less $100k just because he doesn't agree and it doesn't fit the new "woke" image and narrative of the NFL.  Johnathan Allen had the right response.  Yes, we may have different opinions but as long as he comes to work every day and works to make this team better on the field then that's what matters.

If Del Rio has a shred of integrity, he will tell RR to shove his $100k up his ass and turn in his resignation. 

I'm sure I'll get flamed here but go for it.  I know differing opinions get shut down in a hurry in this forum but I'm good with that.

Love y'all, peace out, HTTR!

• Thumb down 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1