Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

14 minutes ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

They made this announcement in November actually. Try again. 

the memorial has been in the works since NOVEMBER. 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/washington-football-team-to-build-physical-memorial-of-former-pro-bowler-sean-taylor-at-fedexfield/amp/

OK fair enough, I had missed that part and only heard of this recently.  But that does nothing to change my take.  Again why not at 10 years which was a much more significant anniversary?  We all know the answer to that.  They were under tremendous public pressure, so they slapped together a tribute with little time for people to make arrangements to take the pressure off and buy good will.  Hell in Jason's letter he admitted that the screwed up royally the first tribute, so now this is their mulligan?  Or perhaps more attempts to buy good will. 

Regardless Sean's memory deserves better than to be used as a PR stunt.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

The organization screwed this up at the very beginning.  Yes, they did put Sean in the Ring in 2008. And even though it would've violated the team's policy of officially retiring numbers, I don't think there would've been any angst if #21 had been officially retired at the time, as other teams have done with players who have faced untimely deaths.

But doing all this Sean stuff well over a decade after the fact, just adds to the suspicion about the motives, as well as to cause legitimate debate about why players who have contributed to championship teams are not getting recognized.

• Like 1

Considering how it's being reported that the Texans actually helped Deshaun Watson in his sexual assaults by providing him with both hotel rooms and NDAs to provide to the massage therapists, does this mean that us arguing over whether or not a fan memorial for Sean Taylor is a good or bad thing means we're improving as an organization? lol...

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Considering how it's being reported that the Texans actually helped Deshaun Watson in his sexual assaults by providing him with both hotel rooms and NDAs to provide to the massage therapists, does this mean that us arguing over whether or not a fan memorial for Sean Taylor is a good or bad thing means we're improving as an organization? lol...

What's amazing is that Watson didn't somehow end up in Ashburn. 

• Like 2

I think Watson would have except Ron’s in charge and on the football side, we are trying to be a more responsible team on the field. That’s my guess. Off the field, it’s a **** show per usual. 

If Dan was making personnel decisions, Watson would be here and we would have thrown in an extra first

Edited by Fan since a Fetus
  • Thumb up 1

18 hours ago, Cooleyfan1993 said:

Clearly you’ve missed my posts where i TRASH the owner. he 👏🏻 Is👏🏻 A👏🏻 piece👏🏻 Of 👏🏻 garbageeeeeeeeee👏🏻 I quite Literally agree. How clearer can i make it 😂 should i offer you some glasses? Hmm? 

also, what “heat” can the team possibly predict for FIVE months into the future? If he did something next November and they THEN throw this together, that’s one thing (that was the case last season, yes. But as of this point in time, this isn’t being used to cover for any bad press. 

I don’t want to see any memorials for Sean as long as Snyder is behind them. The best thing we can do for Sean‘s legacy, is to keep Dan Snyder away from it. Calling the owner a piece of garbage, but also defending him on certain issues is more than reasonable. I was once of that mindset myself. It doesn’t make you a ‘Snyder supporter’ per se, just more of one than anyone else on here. I agree that some of the attacks on Snyder are over the top, but since getting him out has to be the number one priority if we ever want to win, I prefer the attacks whether warranted or not. 

25 minutes ago, purbeast said:

LOL they bringing up Jack Del Rio's tweets on 106.7 right now and I guess what he said at the podium or on the mic somewhere.  

In Jack's mind J6 was a dust-up.  I've come to the conclusion the defensive coordinator is an ignoramus.

• Like 2

At about the 11:39 mark coach steps up sporting a tshirt with the ancient African word "UBUNTU" emblazoned on it.

For those who are unfamiliar the google machine informs us thusly: 

"Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It is often described as reminding us that 'I am what I am because of who we all are'."

I can't think of a more positive and needed subliminal message to be sending to the team and more importantly the world right now.

Ubuntu to all.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

4 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

At about the 11:39 mark coach steps up sporting a tshirt with the ancient African word "UBUNTU" emblazoned on it.

For those who are unfamiliar the google machine informs us thusly: 

"Ubuntu is an ancient African word meaning 'humanity to others'. It is often described as reminding us that 'I am what I am because of who we all are'."

I can't think of a more positive and needed subliminal message to be sending to the team and more importantly the world right now.

Ubuntu to all.

Or maybe he just likes Linux...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, purbeast said:

Or maybe he just likes Linux...

You lost me? 

EDIT:

Just did a search for Linux and discovered ubuntu is also a computer language. 

Sorry, my bad, I just revealed a severe knowledge gap when it comes to computers on my part.

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, CommanderInTheRye said:

You lost me? 

EDIT:

Just did a search for Linux and discovered ubuntu is also a computer language. 

Sorry, my bad, I just revealed a severe knowledge gap when it comes to computers on my part.

Ubuntu isn't a computer language, it's a "version" of Linux, which is an operating system just like Windows and OSX (mac operating system).

It's okay, not everyone is a computer nerd like me lol.

Edited by purbeast
  • Thanks 1

I noticed yesterday that after leaving Denver, Vic Fangio hasn't signed to coach anywhere. Neither has Mike Zimmer. I'd be up for either of them as our DC, and Zimmer was the coach I desperately wanted over Gruden after 2013.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

I noticed yesterday that after leaving Denver, Vic Fangio hasn't signed to coach anywhere. Neither has Mike Zimmer. I'd be up for either of them as our DC, and Zimmer was the coach I desperately wanted over Gruden after 2013.

Eh, I wanted neither of them, really, though I wanted Zimmer more than Gruden. Though I knew we were getting Jay because of the Bruce/Gruden connection.  That was obvious from the moment Shanahan was fired.  I just thought those Bengals teams constantly underperformed.  Maybe that was all Marvin Lewis.  Maybe not.

My guess is if the defense doesn't improve, there will be a new DC next year.  But Jack is going to get another year (obviously at this point.)  I would prefer Fangio over Zimmer as a DC.  

My further guess is both of those guys know they are not getting another HC jobs, so they are content to sit out and get paid the final amounts of their contracts, then will enter the league as coordinators, if they even want to.  

Fangio is 64, and Zimmer is 66.  They might have just decided to quietly retire.  

I don't care what Del Rio thinks, but how hard is it NOT TO TWEET?

Especially when your defense has drastically underachieved and the linemen don't think the philosophy and techniques being taught are good.

Good Lord.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

More stupidity from a stupid organization. 

It gets worse...delegates in VA are voting 'NO' on new stadium funding after Del Rio's comments:

https://bluevirginia.us/2022/06/after-commanders-defensive-coordinators-outrageous-comments-about-the-1-6-insurrection-black-lives-matter-va-sen-jeremy-mcpike-switches-to-no-on-the-stadium-bill

mullincommanders.jpg

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, abdcskins said:

More stupidity from a stupid organization. 

It never stops. No wonder the D underachieves under Jack of the river. They don't respect him. I've pretty much run out of reasons to support this team.  As of this moment it's pretty much just the law of inertia ... and that's running low.

• Like 1