Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

5 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

For as bad the Bengals have been under Brown since they hired Lewis from us and now with Taylor ; they’ve had more success than Dan has his entire ownership.

If Brown gets one Super Bowl; that will be one more than Dan will ever get.

Dan thinks he already has 3 SB.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim thinks Wright gets it.  It’s one thing to give a public face of optimism it’s another to say the same things privately.

Rivera and Wright multiple times have said they got a long way to go to win over fans. Wright just last week on Sheehans show said among other things that he knows this team has to win games among other things to win over people.

I don’t get the impression at all that Wright is delusional 

Maybe not delusional, perhaps in private he knows how poorly pretty much everything he’s been a part of is going.  This isn’t meant to indict Wright, as obviously  everyone that’s been in a similar position as him has been a failure as well.  

But him saying the fan experience has improved, smells a whole lot like something Bruce would say, with zero evidence to suggest thats the truth.  The place is still half empty, give or take, of which the opposing fans make up a large portion.  The pipes spew poop all over ticket holders, the railings can’t hold people without injury.

I get he’s not going to sit there and say “We are still a dumpster fire” but he’s done his fair share of pissing on the fans back and saying it’s raining.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome

Had an acquaintance years ago with some one in the close group and he put it as something like this 

From my understanding of it, Snyder is very aware of all criticism about him(they tried to pressure my editor when I was blogging about them) and is motivated to make changes when the fans revolt. That said, the belief from Snyder is that as long as he makes some big moves every spring and makes the playoffs once in awhile, enough fans will buy it and talk themselves into what Snyder is selling

15 hours ago, thesubmittedone said:

Can’t hurt to try: 

This is great and everyone should be flooding the sponsor's emails.  Only problem for me is when i clicked the link for Fed Ex the email populated with text in Chinese. I didn't want to use the canned email so I wrote my own, now I will go down the list and send it to every other sponsor.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

For as bad the Bengals have been under Brown since they hired Lewis from us and now with Taylor ; they’ve had more success than Dan has his entire ownership.

If Brown gets one Super Bowl; that will be one more than Dan will ever get.

I mean, Marvin Lewis was over .500 as Bengals head coach.  Bad in the postseason, perhaps.

19 minutes ago, justice98 said:

I mean, Marvin Lewis was over .500 as Bengals head coach.  Bad in the postseason, perhaps.

Yeah, he couldn’t win in the playoffs but Marvin made playoffs about the same amount Dan did; his entire tenure.

Taylor this year has won more playoffs than Dan has, his entire tenure.

4 hours ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Maybe not delusional, perhaps in private he knows how poorly pretty much everything he’s been a part of is going.  This isn’t meant to indict Wright, as obviously  everyone that’s been in a similar position as him has been a failure as well.  

I'd agree if he was summarizing the experience of being a Commanders fan in general.

All I took about his comments are that they were specifically centered on the fan experience at the stadium versus a global statement about everything.  Maybe he's wrong and the improvements he said that were made never happened or had no impact.  I haven't been to the stadium in the last two years to judge but I'll go this year and I'll see.   For now I'll take him at this word.

But him saying the fan experience has improved, smells a whole lot like something Bruce would say, with zero evidence to suggest thats the truth.  The place is still half empty, give or take, of which the opposing fans make up a large portion.  The pipes spew poop all over ticket holders, the railings can’t hold people without injury.

I

As for Wright saying they improved the stadium experience.  I get the idea of how can anyone say anything is improved about the stadium considering our stadium stinks no matter what they do.  That's true.  The stadium has had infrastructure issues that I don't think he personally can control and wouldn't know about until the problems unfolded like they did this year with the railing, etc.

But supposedly they made things better for ticket holders as for concessions.  Supposedly made improvements with parking.  They had a half time show for a change in one of the games.  Among some other things.  I've gone to that stadium every year except for the last two, so when I go this season I'll weigh on whether he's right or not on that front.

There is so much lipstick you can put on a pig but I can't blame him for that.  The stadium sucks.  As I mentioned before, I talked to Lafemina once and I told him it doesn't matter what he does for the stadium and the fan experience there because its still going to stink because the stadium/location stinks, so the fundamtental experience will stink regardless of what he does, he agreed but he said all he can do is make it better.  Lafemina sold that he made improvements as well.

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/football-team/washington-president-jason-wright-envisions-revamped-fedex-field-fan

The field itself has undergone a makeover as well. Field conditions at FedEx Field drew criticism in years past, with poorly managed wet grass posing an injury risk to player. It’s something Wright, a former NFL player, identified as a top priority when he joined the franchise in August 2020.

“We had to make investments in that field once I got here,” Wright said. “When I first got here, and especially putting on my former player hat and trying to be a great partner to Coach [Ron Rivera], the business side really supporting what Coach is trying to do in building a championship football team, it was obvious to me that we needed to foot the big bill to redo the field. Just for drainage purposes.

“When I walked around it after a really heavy rain, it felt like something where I wouldn’t feel comfortable playing full speed or being able to cut the same way I would as a player. So the return on investment was very obvious to me right away. That our players, their ability to play at a high level, minimizing the probability of injury, we made that major investment that cost a pretty penny. And we did the same thing at the practice fields, too.”

I get he’s not going to sit there and say “We are still a dumpster fire” but he’s done his fair share of pissing on the fans back and saying it’s raining.

I think there are two different subjects.

A.  Culture-team building, winning.

B.  Stadium

Wright has gone out of his way to say he can't control A.  It's apples to oranges with Bruce.  Bruce supposedly told Cooley-Keim privately in seperate conversations everything is great with the fanbase, no problems at all.  I don't even get a little sense that Wright thinks this franchise is at a high with their fans.  Heck even with the name change he acceded that 80% of the fan base didn't want to change the name, and he knew a section of the fan base wouldn't be happy with a name they would choose.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Thumb down 1

The the common agreement bit about the investigation - NFL is getting dragged in. Which can only hurt Snyder. Not saying anything will come of it but its better than “just” an issue for Snyder. Once it becomes an issue for the NFL maybe eventually it could become a problem for Dan and Tonya(lol).

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Brian Flores litigation could provide a path to more Washington emails

"So if Gruden’s case fails to get off the ground and if Congress fails to get to the materials through its current investigation, maybe Flores and his class action will provide the arrow that hits the bull’s-eye, forcing transparency onto the Washington investigation at a time when the league and the team want to keep all emails and anything else related to the situation buried."

• Thumb up 1

6 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Brian Flores litigation could provide a path to more Washington emails

"So if Gruden’s case fails to get off the ground and if Congress fails to get to the materials through its current investigation, maybe Flores and his class action will provide the arrow that hits the bull’s-eye, forcing transparency onto the Washington investigation at a time when the league and the team want to keep all emails and anything else related to the situation buried."

This will never happen because he and the league will settle before it gets into a courtroom. The NFL always settles for a reason, they’ll be motivated to keep their dirty laundry out of the public eye.

And Flores will be eager to settle as well. I’m not saying that because he only wants money—the league will cut him a huge check of course, but the main reason why he’ll settle is because the league will agree to put new systems into place that he’s advocating for to promote diversity. That’s the whole reason he’s doing this. This only ends up in court if the NFL owners are very stupid, and unfortunately as an entity they aren’t. Flores wants to effect change beyond the farcical Rooney Rule and this is the best way to do it. 

Edited by Conn
  • Like 2

Florio has become comical in his hatred for Snyder. I get it, everyone hates that asshole, but his and Fartstein's vitriol is borderline obsessive at this point.

That, and nothing is going to happen, so he'll keep his whipping boy and his "I tried" trophy.

10 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

Florio has become comical in his hatred for Snyder. I get it, everyone hates that asshole, but his and Fartstein's vitriol is borderline obsessive at this point.

That, and nothing is going to happen, so he'll keep his whipping boy and his "I tried" trophy.

You should be glad there’s at least a couple media people trying to obsessively keep this in the news, even if it is selfishly for clicks and controversy. It’s the only chance anything ever happens. And he’s correct in his “comical” hatred so it’s weird to react this way to it even if he’s generally a joke as a “journalist”.

This reminds me of people getting so mad about Sally Jenkins incisive articles over the years when she was right every step of the way and everyone agrees with her now.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 6

21 minutes ago, Conn said:

You should be glad there’s at least a couple media people trying to obsessively keep this in the news, even if it is selfishly for clicks and controversy. It’s the only chance anything ever happens. And he’s correct in his “comical” hatred so it’s weird to react this way to it even if he’s generally a joke as a “journalist”.

This reminds me of people getting so mad about Sally Jenkins incisive articles over the years when she was right every step of the way and everyone agrees with her now.

Youre right. Although I'd much prefer Will Hobson, Sally Jenkins, Loz Clarke, Barry Svrluga and legitimate journalists. Not ranting clickbait assclowns

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Conn said:

All I would ask is to show the work, that's what will get it done.  The document 106.7 reported on was never published (maybe they can't?  I don't why they couldn't...) and it never leaked, that's weird.  Florio seems to want to corroborate the report, but doesn't at any point say how he would have done so (doesn't say he has the same document, doesn't say he's seen it) which is also weird.

As it stands now, if anyone asks Goodell  "So, you specifically went against advise of your investigator to remove Dan Snyder" he can answer "We never received any report with such guidance, and it never existed" and there is no proof that it's a lie.  Document has to be more than wishful thinking for it to help, and not hurt, our cause.

• Like 1

Someone mentioned in this thread that Snyder threatened to sue 106.7 and that's why the Junkies haven't brought it up since.

It's truly sad that, although we have personal freedom and the First Amendment in this country, the threat of litigation by wealthy men can shut down any and all discussion of a topic that they deem necessary to protect their position.

It's funny...Snyder used to use the phrase "What's right is right and what's wrong is wrong." when he defended his decision to sue the City Paper back in 2011.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/snyder-talks-about-city-paper-lawsuit/1909745/

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen

5 minutes ago, Bifflog said:

All I would ask is to show the work, that's what will get it done.  The document 106.7 reported on was never published (maybe they can't?  I don't why they couldn't...) and it never leaked, that's weird.  Florio seems to want to corroborate the report, but doesn't at any point say how he would have done so (doesn't say he has the same document, doesn't say he's seen it) which is also weird.

As it stands now, if anyone asks Goodell  "So, you specifically went against advise of your investigator to remove Dan Snyder" he can answer "We never received any report with such guidance, and it never existed" and there is no proof that it's a lie.  Document has to be more than wishful thinking for it to help, and not hurt, our cause.

I think if it exists it will come out as a whistle blower type situation. They got him to change the name now I think the NFL would be willing to get rid of him. Maybe just wishful thinking on my part. 

1 hour ago, Riggo#44 said:

It's a perfectly reasonable and justifiable side to be on. I don't understand for what reason, other than fatigue or not wanting to have to reconcile how one can root for a team owned by a bad man, someone would have against journalists or pundits going after Snyder over and over again. He's proven in his 22ish years of owning the team that he's a bad owner, a bad employer, and possibly a pretty a bad man. 

• Like 1

Just now, TD_washingtonredskins said:

It's a perfectly reasonable and justifiable side to be on. I don't understand for what reason, other than fatigue or not wanting to have to reconcile how one can root for a team owned by a bad man, someone would have against journalists or pundits going after Snyder over and over again. He's proven in his 22ish years of owning the team that he's a bad owner, a bad employer, and possibly a pretty a bad man

I don't think it is "possible".  He is a terrible person.