Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

I guess my question is whether Richardson had the decency to go quietly (with his billions). Snyder won’t go quietly, won’t take the high road, won’t do what every other person on the planet thinks he should do. He’ll make it as miserable as possible for everyone involved, including the fanbase. 

• Sad 2

Just to let you guys know, I have an extensive background in law enforcement.  

And for those that think the House Committee can't really do anything, it is unequivocally false.

Though it may be an uphill battle to hold the NFL responsible, what they can do is put enough pressure and spotlight on the issue to make spo sort nervous.

In other words,  sponsors are not going to want congress up their ass and threatening to put their businesses in this disgusting business. 

This will put the NFL in a precarious position as they rely on these sponsors.  It's much like how sponsors forced little Danny to change the name.

The renewed media exposure (particularly the major outlets) will continue to put pressure on the NFL to make a change. They, the NFL,  will not be able to continue to protect him if Congress continues to open the flood gates to witnesses. And their continued involvement will force the good old boys club to have to make a decision between businesses ad usual or ridding themselves of the nuisance that is Daniel Snyder.

Have faith brothers and sisters.

HTTR!

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I guess my question is whether Richardson had the decency to go quietly (with his billions). Snyder won’t go quietly, won’t take the high road, won’t do what every other person on the planet thinks he should do. He’ll make it as miserable as possible for everyone involved, including the fanbase. 

No reason to think Snyder has that (or any) level of class. Or even of self awareness.

The only hope for him selling is if he becomes aware that he'll have to eventually, and that the asking price drops when he's forced to.

Or, you know, just hope that he is forced. 

That is if you do dare to hope at all. As for me:

steve-carell-the-office.gif

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

I guess my question is whether Richardson had the decency to go quietly (with his billions)

He is introspective. 

he knew he couldn’t run the team, so he took the money he could. That’s why. The only reason he did so quietly is because why devalue the asset you’re gonna have to sell anyways by running it through a pr nightmare. 

no it’s not like snyder at all. Even if it was blatantly obvious that he must sell the team and any further fight would just devalue it, snyder would still fight. He is the opposite of introspective.

3 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

The only hope for him selling is if he becomes aware that he'll have to eventually, and that the asking price drops when he's forced to.

Nah. It’s gonna have to be pried from his hands. 

he thinks he’s the victim in all this. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

Snyder is both too vain and too incompetent to be rational enough to know when to fold them and take the money and run.

Dude is an idiot who thinks with a ****load of lawyers that he is above the law. 

My problem with all this is how does his wife continue to hear all these allegations and stand next to him smiling all pretty for the ****ing cameras.

I think all of us normal Joe's would be ****ed of our girlfriends/wives would hear about this bull**** going on.

Money evidently cures idiocy. Who knew?

HTTR!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, skinsfan4128 said:

I think all of us normal Joe's would be ****ed of our girlfriends/wives would hear about this bull**** going on.

I just wouldn’t go home. 

I too am having difficulty figuring out what Tanya’s position is or would be, considering by all accounts she’s a bright woman. 

she started the breast cancer awareness thing. That was hers. She’s not a dummy. (Sorry, I think most commanders fans know this….)

commanders fans

😐

Edited by tshile
  • Thumb up 2

Florio is going after Snyder and Goodell hard now. As far as the first link goes, all I can say is "wow". Florio is convinced that the NFL is hiding something regarding the Commanders that is "gigantic".

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/03/nfl-contends-tiffani-johnstons-allegations-against-daniel-snyder-are-new/

.https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/02/04/amid-claims-of-lies-and-deceit-by-roger-goodell-nfl-says-it-will-review-and-respond-to-new-letter-from-congress/

Edited by SonnySideUp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tshile said:

I mean… I don’t know what everyone else’s experience is, but when the scandals is discussed around women (when I’m around to witness or discus) there is always a sort of “oh” moment when they realize it’s cheerleaders. Even women discount it. It’s nuts to me

(not every chick was a cheerleader but some were)

You mentioned something no one else really has: the lack of empathy from regular women towards the cheerleaders. It's like the think they are floozies who deserve what they get because of their beauty.

Just like how Snyder and his lackeys treated them.

Edited by BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

You mentioned something no one else really has: the lack of empathy from regular women towards the cheerleaders. It's like the think they are floozies who deserve what they get because of their beauty.

Just like how Snyder and his lackeys treated them.

Men and women are both horrible. Sorry to those of you who didn't already know this. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, tshile said:

I just wouldn’t go home. 

I too am having difficulty figuring out what Tanya’s position is or would be, considering by all accounts she’s a bright woman. 

she started the breast cancer awareness thing. That was hers. She’s not a dummy. (Sorry, I think most commanders fans know this….)

commanders fans

😐

That's my biggest wonder too.

I don't see it going quietly at Snyder's home nowadays.

She probably was aware of some of those stuff that Dan can be outrageous to women or such. But that Tiffani incident is a bigger thing that she could really turn on Dan.

I am so angry at all of this I am seeing red. I can't even imagine what those victims are going through.  Our only hope is pressure from sponsors, we all know this.  But with ratings as they are that may be an uphill battle.  

It is amazing that it appears that they will get away with this scandal. In this Me Too era when this sort of thing is no longer tolerated it's frightening that this appears to be the case.  I'd like to say stuff like this always comes out but I have my doubts.  Can we even imagine what is in that report that would make the league behave as they have?

I can't support this man's team anymore, I have had enough. I'm a scorned lover, I hope they get killed every time they play.  I do have much respect for Ron Rivera and I feel badly for him. But he knew who he was getting into bed with when he  took the job so that's on him.  

Edited by Darrell Green Fan
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, SonnySideUp said:

Florio is going after Snyder and Goodell hard now. As far as the first link goes, all I can say is "wow". Florio is convinced that the NFL is hiding something regarding the Commanders that is "gigantic".

The way I see it is that Snyder will block the release of the documents which are CIA protected, hence proving his guilt. I hope it will trigger a court investigation, and that the sponsors and medias will do their part. Wishful thinking :)

"As chairwoman of the investigative arm of the House of Representatives, Maloney has the power to subpoena documents not willingly provided."Link

Edited by FrFan
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

35 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

I am so angry at all of this I am seeing red. I can't even imagine what those victims are going through.  Our only hope is pressure from sponsors, we all know this.  But with ratings as they are that may be an uphill battle.  

It is amazing that it appears that they will get away with this scandal. In this Me Too era when this sort of thing is no longer tolerated it's frightening that this appears to be the case.  I'd like to say stuff like this always comes out but I have my doubts.  Can we even imagine what is in that report that would make the league behave as they have?

I can't support this man's team anymore, I have had enough. I'm a scorned lover, I hope they get killed every time they play.  I do have much respect for Ron Rivera and I feel badly for him. But he knew who he was getting into bed with when he  took the job so that's on him.  

I put this on the league, too. They let it happen.

I’m still going to be following this team and not let my feelings on Snyder effect how I feel about the on-field product. 

But I don’t really buy merch, I don’t make road trips to DC anymore…

Snyder is one of many things that is absolutely disgusting with the NFL. 

Its 2022, NFL. Time to move beyond the old days and fix this crap. Oh, but they can’t… because they have an ownership who has MANY significant blemishes already out in the public eye… and probably worse that aren’t. 

Release the damn reports… purge the League of most and move forward.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I put this on the league, too. They let it happen.

I’m still going to be following this team and not let my feelings on Snyder effect how I feel about the on-field product. 

But I don’t really buy merch, I don’t make road trips to DC anymore…

Snyder is one of many things that is absolutely disgusting with the NFL. 

Its 2022, NFL. Time to move beyond the old days and fix this crap. Oh, but they can’t… because they have an ownership who has MANY significant blemishes already out in the public eye… and probably worse that aren’t. 

Release the damn reports… purge the League of most and move forward.

The NFL is my favorite league by far. It's the only sport where I can turn on a game with 2 teams I have no rooting interest in and still have interest. I will never watch the Dodgers play the Cubs but I will watch the Rams and the Bears.

So it is so frustrating that I hate the league, specifically the owners as Goodell is only carrying out their wishes, but enjoy their product so much.  

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

41 minutes ago, Rocky21 said:

I hope everyone that ever apologized for Snyder or who put down posters here who pointed out that he was incompetent and a buffoon (you know who you are) looks inward and realizes that they were wrong.  

Really, really wrong.  

Well I think people defending him for being incompetent, while wrong, don’t look too bad. It’s more the people who think somehow he is a decent person who just wants to win. He is not a decent person. Above all else he is an Evil person. I say that with the utmost confidence. 

24 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I hope Ron realizes and accepts that his esteemed reputation in league is also operating as a PR shield for Snyder, and that he quits. That would be a tremendous blow to Dan.

I hear you I do. But I would hope that if there is an upheaval and Snyder is forced out Ron comes out of it still in charge. I don’t actually think he should be the HC. But I do think he is the most decent man we’ve had in the building since Gibbs. I don’t necessarily want to lose that. I want to lose Snyder for sure.

Edited by CobraCommander
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Wildbunny said:

That's my biggest wonder too.

I don't see it going quietly at Snyder's home nowadays.

She probably was aware of some of those stuff that Dan can be outrageous to women or such. But that Tiffani incident is a bigger thing that she could really turn on Dan.

Women are generally more socially aware than men, and also more practical. I'm guessing she knew what she was getting into almost from day one. Whatever else Dan was when she met him, he was a multi-millionaire. I'm not saying she's a bad person (don't know enough to know), but I doubt she's been laboring under any illusions about him all these years.

13 hours ago, skinsfan4128 said:

Just to let you guys know, I have an extensive background in law enforcement.  

And for those that think the House Committee can't really do anything, it is unequivocally false.

I was assuming people were saying there is nothing the House Committee could do in terms of legal power, not social power.

2 minutes ago, Califan007TheConstipated said:

I was assuming people were saying there is nothing the House Committee could do in terms of legal power, not social power.

There are limits to what Congress can do. They are a legislative body, not a law enforcement agency. Yes, they can subpoena documents, but if someone ignores their subpoena, their only recourse is to refer to the DOJ for prosecution for contempt of Congress. The NFL (probably rightly) believes that the DOJ will never go after a large collection of billionaires. Heck, most of Congress probably won't either.

Edited by profusion
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

I hope Ron realizes and accepts that his esteemed reputation in league is also operating as a PR shield for Snyder, and that he quits. That would be a tremendous blow to Dan.

He was coach under Richardson...and lead the team in a cheer for Richardson when the owner had both sexual harassment claims against him and used a racial slur against a black scout.