Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

A New Start! (the Reboot) The Front Office, Ownership, & Coaching Staff Thread

JSSkinz
Message added by TK,

Pay Attention Knuckleheads

Has your team support wained due to ownership or can you see past it?  

229 members have voted

1. 1. Will you attend a game and support the team while Dan Snyder is the owner of the team, regardless of success?

• Yes
    • No
    • I would start attending games if Dan was no longer the owner of the team.

2 minutes ago, No Nonsense said:

Also, could it be that Jerry Jones, who’s probably the most powerful owner in the NFL, doesn’t want Washington to get new ownership? 

No.  

The league would make so much more money overall if the Washington franchise returns to it's former glorious self.  

The amount of money in this area is unbelievable.  

Jerry might want what is good for the cowboys, but at the end of the day, he knows what's good for the league.  

• Like 4

15 hours ago, No Nonsense said:

Also, could it be that Jerry Jones, who’s probably the most powerful owner in the NFL, doesn’t want Washington to get new ownership? 

Czaban was on The Junkies this morning and made a good point.  He believes the NFL would rather have Snyder in their circle to control him versus out because he's such a vindictive ass and has gone "scorched earth" with everybody he thinks has wronged him.

9 minutes ago, HigSkin said:

Czaban was on The Junkies this morning and made a good point.  He believes the NFL would rather have Snyder in their circle to control him versus out because he's such a vindictive ass and has gone "scorched earth" with everybody he thinks has wronged him.

So he's like the dictator who keeps his crazies in-line... 🤣

• Haha 1

I think that's where most of us have been with our thoughts ever since this stuff came out.

If Snyder is anything, he's a petty, vindictive, litigious pile of human waste.  There's no chance in the world that he would take his removal laying down.  He's offered folks 7 figures to be quiet about his bad deeds.  Imagine how much he would offer anyone and everyone in the world to dig up dirt on every owner and Goodell.  He's probably already threatened as much.

• Like 3

Just kill me. I agree with the sentiment, Goodell is a puppet for the other owners who fear a force out will result in a complete **** storm.  Therefore there is no hope. The Congressional involvement seems to be dying out, I'll ask again what ever happened to the November 6th deadline for the league to produce the requested material?  

I have to think that Jerry Jones is capable of being nastier and more threatening than Snyder if it comes down to that.

To shut down Dan, the league would need to threaten disclosures that would financially ruin him and possibly expose him to criminal liability. Throw the legal risk back in his face, basically.

Short of that, they might be stuck with him unless the business costs of keeping him are higher than the risk of cutting him loose.

18 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  

The league would make so much more money overall if the Washington franchise returns to it's former glorious self.  

Jerry might want what is good for the cowboys, but at the end of the day, he knows what's good for the league.  

Maybe, but I think based on comments last week that they want or view Washington as Cowboys' territory.

20 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

No.  

Money is great...but how much more money is really all that compelling when we are talking about one franchise being more profitable and then it's split 32 ways. To Jerry Jones, having an incompetent loser as an owner in his division is much more valuable. Would he rather make another 0.4% or have a much easier path to division titles which directly impacts his team's status, marketability, etc.? 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Perhaps, but Jerry also runs a cash cow for the league.  Snyder has taken a once legendary fan base and depleted it to that of a DII school.

Sure, but Jerry built his fortune in the oil and gas business. I guarantee he's done things that would make Dan seem like a choirboy.

Perhaps one impediment to the league doing anything is that the WFT has become as relevant to the league's marketing and image as the Jaguars or Jets. Just another third-tier team that neither adds appreciably to league revenue nor detracts significantly from it.

The Raiders have been a clownshow for many years, but their marketing impact remains huge--which I'm sure helped put pressure on them to ditch Jon Gruden ASAP. It's been 30 years since the Redskins/WFT had anything like that kind of importance.

Edited by profusion

But those woes have not spilled over to the stadium plan, which has the potential to create a “mini-city,” one of the five people said.

“So far everyone’s pretty enthusiastic,” that person said.

As part of their pitch to legislators, team officials have shared detailed renderings of a domed stadium anchoring a vast commercial and entertainment complex — offering other sports, concerts and commercial attractions, the five people said. Restaurants, retail, a conference center and hotels would be incorporated into the project, which eventually could include residential developments on the outskirts, two of the five people said.

In that sense, the plan would be in step with the NFL’s newest stadiums, which stand as centerpieces to expansive developments built to make money 365 days a year rather than the 10 days a team plays at home.

The first step in Virginia would be a bill to expand the purview of the Virginia Baseball Stadium Authority to include oversight of a football facility. Typically under such authorities, officials would create a district and dedicate some or all of the new revenue generated within it — such as from sales or hotel taxes — to construction of the stadium or related infrastructure.

In 2016, state Sen. Chap ­Petersen (D-Fairfax) drafted a measure to similarly convert the baseball authority into one for football, but he opted not to file the bill, because of time constraints during that legislative session. Petersen, a longtime team booster who opposed the team’s name change, said he was not familiar with the current effort.

This time, the team is reaching out to legislators across the state to try to increase buy-in from beyond Northern Virginia, two of the five people said.

Nicki Jhabvala and Liz Clarke contributed to this report.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 12/17/2021 at 7:59 AM, HigSkin said:

He is the Mother of Dragons :ols:

On 12/17/2021 at 11:46 AM, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Perhaps, but Jerry also runs a cash cow for the league.  Snyder has taken a once legendary fan base and depleted it to that of a DII school.

It is amazing how little focus is ever on what Snyder has done to the fanbase. From a national standpoint, it is almost zero

Finlay isn't the first person who has opined that building a new stadium adjacent to FedEx is the most likely scenario.

Even though that has been done at other places like Denver and the Meadowlands, I'm just trying to wrap my head around how much of a mess it would be out there in the 2-3 years the new place was being built.  And even though FedEx probably isn't a horrible place for people who just want to watch the game, just the psychology of putting the new place out in a location that has known nothing but losing......I just don't know.

I'd say they're gone to wind up building it at a different location.  I think Dan would love in his heart to build at RFK once its torn down, but that site doesn't appear to be in concert with this big complex idea mentioned in the WaPo article.

• Thumb up 1

If you want a stadium inside the beltway and connected to 495, then its either the national harbor or fedex.  If you want to watch football, then fedex (the location) is fine.  There isn't any available area that is metro accessible (aside from Dulles and that is too far).  The national harbor would be great, but it'll cost a ton of money (unless MGM partners with it).